[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most over-hyped regular season game ever?

MTSuper7

I think Indy needs this game more, as they will have a harder time in January playing on the road, than NE playing indoors.

Possibly, but Indy's offense has changed a lot over the past three years. They're running the ball a lot better now than they did in '03 and '04. On the other hand, NE's offense doesn't seem to be as good on the ground as they were with Dillon back in '04 and even last year. A game on the fast track of the Dome would give Brady/Moss/Stallworth an advantage as well.

A playoff matchup at Foxboro would still favor NE (aside from the fact that their teams appears to just be better overall), but it would be closer than in previous years, IMO.

Then call me crazy...

It's two teams that are so above and beyond the rest of the NFL it hardly even makes anymore sense to play the games after this week.

Last year was NE, Indy, SD, Baltimore, Jets, NO, Chicago... all playing at a high level and all looked to have a shot at the SB.

This year it's Indy and NE and everyone else is just playing for the opportunity to lose to either one.

This kind of illustrates exactly how good Indy and NE are... :D

The only other teams that look good based on this are PIT and GB but think to yourself... would Indy or NE lose to AZ by a TD or DEN by a FG? Would Indy or NE need OT to beat DEN? Or would WAS hold either Indy or NE to 1 offensive TD? Well we saw what WAS was able to hold NE to last week and I'd say probably not for Indy too.

Edited by kingfish247

What exactly hangs in the balance from the outcome of this game? If New England wins, will the skies turn black because Evil has defeated Good? Give me a break. What hangs in the balance is one team still having a long shot at a perfect record and one team with one loss and a high probability of a first round bye anyway.

It's not like anyone's season will be over if they lose here. Granted, the Colts need this game more than the Pats because the Pats already have a 6 game lead on the garbage teams in their division. The Colts don't have that luxury.

if all Football is to you is "what hangs in the balance" then you're missing the point. maybe you should switch to boxing or mma, where one fight is all you get.

this is a great matchup, of 2 great teams, that have a past, nothing but wins, and playoff implications. I dont think i could make a better point than that. if you dont get it, well then you dont get football.

This kind of illustrates exactly how good Indy and NE are... :D

i've already made my point, which i feel is pretty solid, so i wont get into it again, i just wanted to say thanx for the site. Looks great, I subscribed to the RSS in less than 10 seconds. :wacko: We need more posts where people are sharing great sites like this. Thanks again. :D

i've already made my point, which i feel is pretty solid, so i wont get into it again, i just wanted to say thanx for the site. Looks great, I subscribed to the RSS in less than 10 seconds. :D We need more posts where people are sharing great sites like this. Thanks again. :D

i lied. I have to revisit my point. With a quote from this very site.

Just let us be the first to say that New England-Indy is the biggest regular-season game in the history of the NFL. How do we know? Well, the battle between the two epic rivals over the past few years has been fairly well documented. We'll break it down even further this week, rendering you impotent with knowledge, with no need to think for yourself ever again. But the short version of why their Nov. 4 meeting will be the biggest regular-season game in NFL history is found in a simple Cold, Hard Football Fact: New England-Indy 2007 is the latest meeting of NFL unbeatens ... ever. The current record was set, hang on to your nuggets friends of the Facts, back in 1921. That was the second season in the history of what we now call the NFL. And that was the season that the Akron Pros (7-0) and the Buffalo All-Americans (6-0) battled to a 0-0 tie.

There's more at the site, follow it.

if all Football is to you is "what hangs in the balance" then you're missing the point. maybe you should switch to boxing or mma, where one fight is all you get.

this is a great matchup, of 2 great teams, that have a past, nothing but wins, and playoff implications. I dont think i could make a better point than that. if you dont get it, well then you dont get football.

I never said that all football is to me is "what hangs in the balance". I already said I hope it is a great and competitive game, and it does deserve to be hyped. The only point I'm trying to defend is whether or not the game is over-hyped. I think it is over-hyped, and I'm citing the fact that it is not a playoff game but a regular season game as a reason why I believe it is over-hyped. Clearly not everyone agrees with me, which is great. We wouldn't bother posting on these message boards if we all agreed with one another all of the time.

i've already made my point, which i feel is pretty solid, so i wont get into it again, i just wanted to say thanx for the site. Looks great, I subscribed to the RSS in less than 10 seconds. :D We need more posts where people are sharing great sites like this. Thanks again. :D

That site is pretty bad ass.

It's a lot of help when trying to make picks for the week.

Also a few stats even help with FF matchups... like Defensive Passer Rating and the Defensive Hog Index.

What exactly hangs in the balance from the outcome of this game? If New England wins, will the skies turn black because Evil has defeated Good?

i believe this to be possible ... :D

Give me a break. What hangs in the balance is one team still having a long shot at a perfect record and one team with one loss and a high probability of a first round bye anyway.

It's not like anyone's season will be over if they lose here. Granted, the Colts need this game more than the Pats because the Pats already have a 6 game lead on the garbage teams in their division. The Colts don't have that luxury.

you would never make it working for the networks ...

What exactly hangs in the balance from the outcome of this game?

The Colts need this game to stay out of Foxboro in December. Winning this game gives them a big leg up on getting home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Which is an ENORMOUS deal to the Colts, not as big a deal to the Pats.

I don't think this game is over-hyped. I'm psyched. Any time you get the two best quarterbacks in the game playing each other, it's a great thing. Between 1983 and 1997 Marino and Elway played each other exactly ONCE. That's one of the big reasons the scheduling changed.

Seeing Manning and Brady play each other is a celebration.

Edited by Sturphy

i believe this to be possible ... :D

you would never make it working for the networks ...

What's interesting is that Steve Young pretty much had the same sentiment about the game that I do when doing post-game analysis of the Jags and Colts two weeks ago. He basically said that there was too much hype surrounding the matchup.

I wouldn't make it working for the networks though, you're right... Not only am I not as handsome as Steve Young, but I don't have his resume either.

The Colts need this game to stay out of Foxboro in December. Winning this game gives them a big leg up on getting home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Which is an ENORMOUS deal to the Colts, not as big a deal to the Pats.

I don't see how having Brady/Moss/Stallworth/Welker playing on the fast track of the Dome helps the Colts any. They might actually be better off playing in cold/snow with the way that they've been running the ball.

I don't see how having Brady/Moss/Stallworth/Welker playing on the fast track of the Dome helps the Colts any. They might actually be better off playing in cold/snow with the way that they've been running the ball.

Hmmm... I see your point. Hadn't thought about it that way.

:D

I never said that all football is to me is "what hangs in the balance". I already said I hope it is a great and competitive game, and it does deserve to be hyped. The only point I'm trying to defend is whether or not the game is over-hyped. I think it is over-hyped, and I'm citing the fact that it is not a playoff game but a regular season game as a reason why I believe it is over-hyped. Clearly not everyone agrees with me, which is great. We wouldn't bother posting on these message boards if we all agreed with one another all of the time.

Here's a nugget:

The winner of the regular-season series between the two went on to win the Super Bowl in 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2006.

from that awesome site.

Here's a nugget:

The winner of the regular-season series between the two went on to win the Super Bowl in 2001, 2003, 2004 and 2006.

from that awesome site.

And clearly the winner this weekend becomes the SB favorite... and that is an awesome site.