[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What would you do as commish?

xtra

Its a live local league.You carry 2 TEs

Player A Gonzales and Whitten (both on bye)

Player B . Baker and Heap.

Tuesday a trade is made,Gonzales for Heap

Friday Heap is dropped and Utecht picked up.

As commish what would you do?

Owner A is a moran. Check to see who picked up Heap off waivers to see if any collusion occured. Otherwise let it go.

+1.

if heap ends up back on B's roster, you have a case of grade a collusion.

+2

Send Owner A a snide e-mail about being an idiot, open a cold adult libation, & light up a cigar.

What did you do?

Im not the commish in this one,but the commish called to tell me what he did and asked my opinion.

He didnt allow the Utecht pickup.

But let the trade stay.

Im not the commish in this one,but the commish called to tell me what he did and asked my opinion.

But let the trade stay.

And how exactly did he justify not allowing an owner to drop a player as he so chose (a hurt player at that, though dropping Heap is admittedly a bad move) and replacing that player with an available player on the WW?

But let the trade stay.

strange. i would only think this would apply if player B was in line to get heap back. otherwise, if the guy wants to drop heap for utecht, why stop him?

Its a live local league.You carry 2 TEs

Player A Gonzales and Whitten (both on bye)

Player B . Baker and Heap.

Tuesday a trade is made,Gonzales for Heap

Friday Heap is dropped and Utecht picked up.

As commish what would you do?

:D

As long as Heap doesn't go back to the original owner there is nothing you can do.

+1.

if heap ends up back on B's roster, you have a case of grade a collusion.

i dont get it....how is it collusion? the did the deal on tues...no games have been played yet

that owner that dropped heap is most likely brain dead but how does it matter if Heap ends back

up on his original team? and I would have to guess that there is some sort of ww order and if the

heap owner did get heap back it sounds like he would have to drop one of his other TE's

maybe i was up to late but all i see is an overbearing commish and a stupid owner :D

And how exactly did he justify not allowing an owner to drop a player as he so chose (a hurt player at that, though dropping Heap is admittedly a bad move) and replacing that player with an available player on the WW?

The way he justified it to me was that the 2 are friends and the only reason he made the trade in the first place was so he didnt have to drop Gonzales and he could help his friends 3-4 team get better since his is 1-6..

The way he justified it to me was that the 2 are friends and the only reason he made the trade in the first place was so he didnt have to drop Gonzales and he could help his friends 3-4 team get better since his is 1-6..

THen that is really bordering on collusion there. He implicitly tried to assist another team with no gain for himself. HE could have simply dropped GOnzalez and acquired Itecht for the same net result to him, but instead gave Gonzo away to a friend for essentially no compensation as it is obvious his intent was to release the acquired player. IF another player had been involved, like say he also got a WR upgrade or something, then I could see how the deal was okay, but if it was just a one for one trade, they are really on thin ice IMO.

If this is true, then collusion. Does he know or just suspect this?

THen that is really bordering on collusion there.

No, it's not. One owner had 2 TEs on the same bye, and traded 1 for arguably equivalent value. If the fact that the 2 owners are friends had not been disclosed, there would have been few people here who would have raised an eyebrow about that trade.

One owner subsequently dropping Heap is a completely seperate issue that has yet to have any bearing on Heap's original owner. As such, that is a different and unrelated action.

Don't see things that aren't there. The NFL has enough refs who do that.

if player B was tops on the waiver wire and knew he could scoop heap right back up after player A dropped him, and that was part of their agreement for the trade, then you have collusion. with no collusion, trades are made in the interest of bettering each team, period. in this case, player A would have had to make an agreement with B to drop heap after the bye, so B could get him back. net, this is a kind gesture to help out the 3-4 team, which, while kind, is still collusion.

Edited by tonorator

No, it's not. One owner had 2 TEs on the same bye, and traded 1 for arguably equivalent value. If the fact that the 2 owners are friends had not been disclosed, there would have been few people here who would have raised an eyebrow about that trade.

One owner subsequently dropping Heap is a completely seperate issue that has yet to have any bearing on Heap's original owner. As such, that is a different and unrelated action.

If the reasoning for the trade was not simply I want ot help the team that is 3-4 out, as I am 1-6 and out of it, then I would agree that there is nothing to raise an eyebrow about. The fact that one owner outright stated that he made the trade simply to help the 3-4 team out, with no intention of keeping the player he received, IMO makes this very likely a collusive trade as they are in essence utilizing the two rosters to help one team (granted, only at the one position, but what is to stop it at that if the deal is allowed?)

No computer involved in this,its old stye.

Half of these guys dont even use a computer except to get results in our league in Email.

Its probably my last year in this league anyway,the commish is to trusted in my view.

Since Ive been in we have had someone we trusted who got his lineup and did pickups with him.He dropped out this year I found out at the draft.I thought another player had been designated to watch over him ,I was wrong.

The more Ive been on here the more screwed up I have realized this league is.

When we put in for pickups its done this way.By the order of points for thr season if 3 are in for same person lowest in points gets 3 next gets 2 and the other gets one,than they draw from cup.The thing is ,he is the one who does the drawing and no one is there because hes been working 2 jobs and coaching his sons baseball.

1 week I didnt findout which player I picked up until after the games were over Sunday.I offered to help him with scoring becuase we werent getting results until the saturday before the next game,which is when we also findout the pickups from the prior week.Rejected.

My Brother is in this league this year also,he tried to pick up 3 running backs, 2 weeks ago the commish got all 3 and the next I tried for 2 and the commish got both as well.His pickups who he tells no one about either the last 2 weeks have miraculously been all players who have scored.

Ive tried to tell him it may look bad because he doesnt give a lineup to anyone unless they ask for it,even if he is playing them.I got mine form him 20 minutes after the game started Sunday,but since no one knows the linuep from the week before,I cant hold him to playing last weeks even.

I offered to help on everything,but was rejected,

Forget the probably ,Im definitely out after this year.

Are you kidding, how are they equivalent? Heap has barely played and when he has hes been terrible.

No computer involved in this,its old stye.

Half of these guys dont even use a computer except to get results in our league in Email.

Its probably my last year in this league anyway,the commish is to trusted in my view.

Since Ive been in we have had someone we trusted who got his lineup and did pickups with him.He dropped out this year I found out at the draft.I thought another player had been designated to watch over him ,I was wrong.

The more Ive been on here the more screwed up I have realized this league is.

When we put in for pickups its done this way.By the order of points for thr season if 3 are in for same person lowest in points gets 3 next gets 2 and the other gets one,than they draw from cup.The thing is ,he is the one who does the drawing and no one is there because hes been working 2 jobs and coaching his sons baseball.

1 week I didnt findout which player I picked up until after the games were over Sunday.I offered to help him with scoring becuase we werent getting results until the saturday before the next game,which is when we also findout the pickups from the prior week.Rejected.

My Brother is in this league this year also,he tried to pick up 3 running backs, 2 weeks ago the commish got all 3 and the next I tried for 2 and the commish got both as well.His pickups who he tells no one about either the last 2 weeks have miraculously been all players who have scored.

Ive tried to tell him it may look bad because he doesnt give a lineup to anyone unless they ask for it,even if he is playing them.I got mine form him 20 minutes after the game started Sunday,but since no one knows the linuep from the week before,I cant hold him to playing last weeks even.

I offered to help on everything,but was rejected,

Forget the probably ,Im definitely out after this year.

Definitely time to get out, especially if he refused to let you help. When there is money on the line, this kind of crap is inexcusable.