[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Since Favre has never beaten the CHIEFS

Hat Trick

I figure this is as good a time as any to go for a Sig line and Avi bet. I actually like most if not all of you Packer fans on here so who better to lose my sig to for a week. I respect Favre and figure this is just another record he needs to break so while it may be a bad timing to have my first sig line bet in 10 years at the huddle, it's time. Who's up for it? I may actually be able to score some tickets to this game.

I'll be calling on Menudo for a avi if the Chiefs win.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure this is as good a time as any to go for a Sig line and Avi bet. I actually like most if not all of you Packer fans on here so who better to lose my sig to for a week. I respect Favre and figure this is just another record he needs to break so while it may be a bad timing to have my first sig line bet in 10 years at the huddle, it's time. Who's up for it? I may actually be able to score some tickets to this game.

I'll be calling on Menudo for a avi if the Chiefs win.

We may do the same. Sure I'm in.

TONY DEJAK / The Associated Press

Published Wednesday, October 31, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Coming off a bye week and playing a team that played at Denver just six days earlier, the Kansas City Chiefs might seem like they have caught a scheduling break.

Herm Edwards isn't convinced his Chiefs caught a scheduling break by having an off week before playing Green Bay.

Besides, he added, the Green Bay Packers come into Kansas City 6-1 after an uplifting overtime victory at Denver on Monday night that infused them with confidence and momentum.

"When you start winning like that, you can't wait to start playing again," Edwards said. "It's a feeling you know as a coach. When you get that feeling in your locker room with your players, it's fun coaching then. It's always fun coaching, but it's a lot easier then. The players run the deal. 'Hey, we're going good. We're humming. We got the stick in our hands.'"

Edwards said the way Green Bay has been playing, there's little chance the Packers will be weary when they kick off at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday, with the Chiefs (4-3) trying to make it six straight over them dating back to a 21-3 victory in Kansas City on Nov. 22, 1987.

"It sounds like they're tired. But they're 6-1," he said. "What are they going to be tired about? Winning? They've been winning. They aren't going to be tired. I promise you that."

While players and coaches alike were taking the weekend off, Edwards holed up in the film room at Arrowhead and studied every play the Chiefs have run in their first seven games. He said he saw both good and bad that he hadn't noticed before.

"There are some guys you expect more out of, and you wonder why they're not playing up to their ability," he said. "Then you have to ask, are you asking this guy to do something that he's not capable of doing? That's the whole key. I always put it back on coaches. You always put it back on the coach: This guy is underachieving. Why? If you're asking them to do something he can't do you have to eliminate that."

He also acknowledged there were position groups that haven't been performing as well as expected. Again, he refused to be specific.

"Some guys you're pleasantly surprised; some guys you're a little bit disappointed in because of the fact you know they can play better," he said. "How can you help them play better? That's the whole key."

Meanwhile, Kansas City signed linebacker Pat Thomas to the 53-man roster on Tuesday and added guard Rob Smith to the practice squad. Thomas was originally a sixth-round draft pick of Jacksonville in 2005. He saw spot duty with the Jaguars before being released on Oct. 26. Smith entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Cleveland Browns. He started one game in 2006 and was released before the start of this season.

Thanks for the jinx you dumbass.

Jinx? How about you take your 3-13 or 6-10 prediction and shove it up your @$$ you pansy. :D Weak excuse for a Chiefs fan. This is my first ever sigline bet and if I lose what better team and fans to lose to than these guys.

Jinx? How about you take your 3-13 or 6-10 prediction and shove it up your @$$ you pansy. :D Weak excuse for a Chiefs fan. This is my first ever sigline bet and if I lose what better team and fans to lose to than these guys.

Intersquad struggles...GO PACK GO!

Where are all the Chiefs fans?

Well theres only a handful of us on here, and only a couple that "support" them through thick and thin :D Sure they could lose a ton of game from here on out and they could throw this all in my face, but I can take it. I support them no matter what. We all hate Carl, we all don't really like Herm, but they are winners, that is hard to argue.

Well theres only a handful of us on here, and only a couple that "support" them through thick and thin :D Sure they could lose a ton of game from here on out and they could throw this all in my face, but I can take it. I support them no matter what. We all hate Carl, we all don't really like Herm, but they are winners, that is hard to argue.

As a long time Packer fan back to Lombardi I can relate to 'thick and thin'.

Ty Law seeks interception, autograph

Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Ty Law said he wants to intercept a Brett Favre pass because he has never done it during his career. If he accomplishes that feat on Sunday, Law said he plans to ask Favre to autograph the football.

When told of Law's plan, Favre said: "I’m hoping that it doesn’t happen that way. I’ve had guys come up and ask if they can have my jersey, shoes or whatever, but that may be a first. Does he want me to sign it right after? If he’ll pay the fine if I pull a Sharpie out.”

On defenses keying on Donald Driver, Favre said: “He’s drawn more double-coverage. …We’re still seeing that. I think we’ve shown we’ll throw it to other guys, and that our other guys will be productive when we throw it to them. So at some point you have to pay more attention to everyone else as well.”

On the Chiefs being the only team he has never beaten during his career, Favre said: “I’ve heard that this week. It was brought to my attention. I’m surprised they’re the only ones. I’ve been playing a long time, played against every team, but I don’t pay a lot of attention to that fact, or the fact that I’ve beaten this team x amount of times or haven’t beaten this one. It’s always the next game. I know we haven’t had success down there. We haven’t played there in a long time. It’s another game for us, obviously important. Heck, they all are. I don’t want to win this game for that reason.”

-- Mike Vandermause, mvandermause@greenbaypressgazette.com

Favre said: "I’m hoping that it doesn’t happen that way. I’ve had guys come up and ask if they can have my jersey, shoes or whatever, but that may be a first. Does he want me to sign it right after? If he’ll pay the fine if I pull a Sharpie out.”

Favre said: “He’s drawn more double-coverage. …We’re still seeing that. I think we’ve shown we’ll throw it to other guys, and that our other guys will be productive when we throw it to them. So at some point you have to pay more attention to everyone else as well.”

Favre said: “I’ve heard that this week. It was brought to my attention. I’m surprised they’re the only ones. I’ve been playing a long time, played against every team, but I don’t pay a lot of attention to that fact, or the fact that I’ve beaten this team x amount of times or haven’t beaten this one. It’s always the next game. I know we haven’t had success down there. We haven’t played there in a long time. It’s another game for us, obviously important. Heck, they all are. I don’t want to win this game for that reason.”

I've got so much man love for Fahv-ruh this season it ain't right.

GO PACK GO

Lighten up irish.

Guess I should have used a :D

Ty Law seeks interception, autograph

Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Ty Law said he wants to intercept a Brett Favre pass because he has never done it during his career. If he accomplishes that feat on Sunday, Law said he plans to ask Favre to autograph the football.

:D

Think if Favre smokes him for a td, Law would want THAT ball autographed?

Don't forget about not liking Huard too. :D