[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Ohio St and LSU make it to the title game...

Rockerbraves

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TyPiKaL

LSU looked pretty good coming from behind and beating yet another TOP team. Ohio St. needs to get ready to have their day on the Tiger's Sacrificial alter known as The Superdome!!! If Ohio St. had any sense they'd lose to Michigan.

Hmmmm.............yet there are some Tiger homers not conceeding an advantage of LSU playing there. :D

Hmmmm.............yet there are some Tiger homers not conceeding an advantage of LSU playing there. :D

Like Who? :D We own the Dome.

Edit to add: and Sgt Ryan's Soooooooners.

Edited by SuperBalla

My how things change just last week you were saying VT might be in the NC game you are as wishy washy as TOS when it comes to your hatred of LSU.

VT sucks, as does the ACC as a whole. Worst conference of the major conferences. Hell LSU might actually win that conference.

Just like the Patriots, I dont hate LSU. Just pompous LSU fans. Ignorance surrounds both of these two teams fan base. And for LSU, I dont get why. They cant convincingly beat anyone. Well maybe La Tech this week. What a joke. :D

I don't know how anyone could argue that with a national championship caliber LSU team, that playing them in the super dome is a decisive disadvantage. They already have one of the more rabid fanbases, throw it in a dome, and you got yourself a helluva home field advantage. To downplay it is ridiculous. That said, it isn't an excuse for the other team either.

I don't know how anyone could argue that with a national championship caliber LSU team, that playing them in the super dome is a decisive disadvantage. They already have one of the more rabid fanbases, throw it in a dome, and you got yourself a helluva home field advantage. To downplay it is ridiculous. That said, it isn't an excuse for the other team either.

Can't disagree that LSU would have a decided home field advantage over tOhio State outside the dome where the Buckeye faithful would easily be out numbered 100 to 1, however inside the dome it would be more like a 55% / 45% split.

What you witnessed the last time LSU played in the dome for a NC was simply what happens to fans when their team is dominated from the start. LSU scored first and never fell behind outgaining the Sooners in total yards 312 to 154. To Oklahoma's credit they only lost by 7 which says alot about the Sooners fine coaching staff.

IMO what would give Ohio State the decisive disadvantage playing in the dome is the turf. Speed and athleticism would be amplified.

Plenty of Sooner fans in the dome just not much to cheer about.

Ohio State fans not much cheering either. Hmmm...common denominator? Losing the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prTdlH2TN0M

You're assuming of course that LSU has as much speed and athleticism as last years Florida squad, and quite frankly, I haven't seen that yet. You're also assuming that Ohio State hasn't improved, or isn't better than last years Buckeye team. Jury is still out. Defensively they are a lot better, and the o line looks a lot sharper too. You also have to assume that Jim Tressell, a good coach, will look for better ways to deal with what will again be a long lay off. I think only Pete Carroll prepares better for bowls. No one had ever had to deal with a lay off like that, I think Tressell learned. However, all of that said, Ohio State has been a long time b|tch of the SEC, and that cannot be forgotten.

You're assuming of course that LSU has as much speed and athleticism as last years Florida squad, and quite frankly, I haven't seen that yet.

Brian do you realize LSU had 4 starters go in the 1st round of the NFL last season and are projected to have just as many first rounders this season? Exactly how many Gators were drafted in the first round last year?

LSU returned 14 starters from last year's 3rd ranked team and have been dubbed the most talented team in the SEC. There should be little question that LSU has speed and athleticism when one of their running backs Holliday finishes 2nd in the 100 meters at the NCAA Outdoor Championships and Doucet has been projected to be one if not the most athletic WR entering this year's upcoming draft. You can also throw in LSU's other RB Hester who Mel Kiper claims is the best RB in this year's senior class. And that's all on the offensive side.

If you have watched any LSU games this season you know LSU's defense relies heavily on their athleticism. The defense alone may produce 4 first rounders. Led by Dorsey who some draft experts have speculated might just be the number one player taken in the entire draft.

Sorry, but only a fool would claim LSU's team is not the most athletic in the country. Now combine all that speed and athleticism on a fast turf like in the dome, don't you think that might spell trouble for the Buckeyes?

Edited by Rockerbraves

Ohio State lost there Heisman Trophy QB, leading rusher, 2 leading receivers, AND have 3 projected 1st rounders of their own. What's your point? Until the match up happens, you're doing what? Assuming? Yes, that is exactly what you're doing.

My point is that LSU is a more athletic team this year than the team that beat Ohio State last year. :D

My point is that LSU is a more athletic team this year than the team that beat Ohio State last year. :D

And a dumber, less disciplined one as well. They rank 5th in the nation for penalties and already have more than they did total for last season. Penalties jumped from 72 to over 100 the season Les Miles took over.

Edited by budlitebrad

And a dumber, less disciplined one as well. They rank 5th in the nation for penalties and already have more than they did total for last season. Penalties jumped from 72 to over 100 the season Les Miles took over.

Certainly can't deny that! Like I said in a previous post this is LSU's challenge. They absolutely need to be more of a disciplined team. It cost them the Kentucky game and almost cost them the Bama game. Coach Miles needs to get that garbage corrected. I was impressed with my son's HS coach last night for benching a starter in the 1st half of a State playoff for an unsportsmanship penatly. :D

The answer to your question is 2, there most athletic player, Harvin, is still playing. It's debateable whether or not this years LSU is as athletic as this years Florida. Athleticism is certainly not the end all be all of it. Coaching and developing is much more important. Look at Notre Dame. LAst 2 recruiting classes have been amazing, but none of them know how to do basic skills like tackling and blocking. Urban Meyer hands down is a better coach than Les Miles.

What's impressive with Coach Miles is his ablity to hire good assistants so far. Been real please with Crowton and Pelini.

There is absolutely NOTHING impressive about Miles, but if you have to point out anything, your probably correct. He has to hire great coaches to supliment for his ignorance as a head coach.

Nice call Rockers.