[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting Take on Pats 'running up the score'

chinatown dragons

Nice article about Pats running up the score on the Skins.....

Sam Huff — yes, that Sam Huff — fully comprehends the concept of vengeance. Right now in the pro football, thy name is Bill Belichick.

In 1966, Huff's Redskins all but exploded the stadium scoreboard lights in a late November grudge match against the Giants. Allie Sherman, New York's coach, had earlier cleaned house of several defensive players, including shipping his relentless middle linebacker to Washington.

"I swore I would get even with him," the Hall of Fame player said Tuesday by phone from Virginia. And so he did.

With seven seconds left, Huff said he yelled for a timeout. The Redskins sent in kicker Charlie Gogolak to kick a rub-it-in field goal. Final score: Washington 72, New York 41, highest-scoring game in NFL history. "I looked across the field, saw that little SOB (Sherman) and said, 'Justice is done,' " recalled Huff, who Sunday watched New England drum Washington 52-7 while working in the Redskins' broadcast booth.

In 1991, Joe Gibbs presided over a 42-17 Redskins clobbering of Cleveland during Belichick's first season there. Fifteen years later, in a preseason game, the Patriots seemed to go out of their way to destroy the Redskins 41-0. In a span of 14 months, that's a combined 93-7 score.

"You think (Belichick) is the only head coach who has done that kind of crap? George Allen did it all the time," Huff said. "They all want an edge. Belichick was raised military. He never smiles, never looks happy. He comes from the Naval Academy (where his father coached), where it's, 'We're gonna kill 'em and bury 'em.' "

Two comments:

1) Where is this article from?

2) You do realize that Sam Huff has a smaller functioning brain than your typical Zombie?

Edited by Kid Cid

Two comments:

1) Where is this article from?

2) You do realize that Sam Huff has a smaller functioning brain than your typical Zombie?

1) posted on USA Today

2) Just pointing out that 'running up the score' has been around for a long time......

I live near Foxborough, and I KNOW outside of New England, the Patriots are HATED......! hell, if i didnt live here, i'd hate them too....they win...and they win big...they got 3 Super Bowls.....Everyone hates a winner....the front runner....Ask the Yankees....ask the old Canadiens teams....

that said, loving the Pats this year.....they have firmly put Video Gate behind them by winning big each week......will they go undefeated? doubt it....this day and age too tough to do.......but, enjoying them, the Sox, and BC football right now....!