[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commish Question

Genetic Jackhammer

I am a co-commish in a local league and have come across a situation that has never presented itself to us before and was just wondering if any other Commish's have encountered this same problem.

Team A proposed a deal of Lendale White and Vernon Davis

to Team B for Reggie Wayne and Jamarcus Russell ( we have a rookie keeper rule in effect)

Team B accepted the deal thru MFL, but immediately after he had regrets and emailed myself not wanting the deal to go thru.

My question is does the trade go thru or does Team B have the right to cancel or revoke the trade before it is processed?

Thanking you in advance for your help with this matter!

Same thing actually happened to me in my league this year. I had to say sorry there was no reason cancel it you have to get the other guy to agree. Lucky for him the other guy is a good guy and said it was okay if it was cancelled

Unless Team A is willing to be gracious and let him "off the hook" the deal stands...

I agree with this to a point. I would contact team A without letting team B know. If he says cool, then you let him know the other Commish was the one that allowed it to be pulled back. If he says "no", then you as the Commish has to eat the sh!t sammich and say it was your decision.

Buyers remourse IS NOT a reason to try to back out of a trade after you have pulled the trigger! Now making a mistake is another thing. The way we get passed the, "I made a mistake and cliked the wrong button" thingy is to require that all parties to a trade include a comment as to their acceptance or declination of a trade in the comment section. The actual word of someone at the time of transaction carries much more weight than the paniced phone call or eMail after the fact.

Your first problem is Commish approval of trades! STAY OUT OF OWNERS BUSINESS! :D The only time you should get involved is retroactively and then ONLY if you can prove that there was cheating involved. If you allow trades to go through automatically, then you cut out a lot of these problems for you AND the league! :D

Good luck!

Gotta agree with what was said above. 1) There is no buyers remorse. He pushed the button, he made the trade. 2) Stop approving trades. It's none of your damn business what people are doing unless it involves collusion.

I had that happen to me this year. I accepted a trade and 2 hours before it was to go into effect, the Commissioner cancelled it without notifying me. The other guy got cold feet, thought he was giving up too much (after he proposed it to me in the first place), went crying to the Commish & got him to cancel it without consulting me. I WAS NOT HAPPY. Truth is, I would have let the guy off the hook had I been consulted. Now our Commish made it a written rule that either party to an accepted trade has 48 hours to back out & Commish will gladly cancel the trade.

Don't be a dummy - don't set the same precedent. If the other guy agrees, cancel it & move on. Otherwise, too bad so sad. Nobody in our league will communicate or execute trades with each other now, and 4 of us are leaving our 5-yr-old league after this season. All because of this doofus Commish.

I had that happen to me this year. I accepted a trade and 2 hours before it was to go into effect, the Commissioner cancelled it without notifying me. The other guy got cold feet, thought he was giving up too much (after he proposed it to me in the first place), went crying to the Commish & got him to cancel it without consulting me. I WAS NOT HAPPY. Truth is, I would have let the guy off the hook had I been consulted. Now our Commish made it a written rule that either party to an accepted trade has 48 hours to back out & Commish will gladly cancel the trade.

Don't be a dummy - don't set the same precedent. If the other guy agrees, cancel it & move on. Otherwise, too bad so sad. Nobody in our league will communicate or execute trades with each other now, and 4 of us are leaving our 5-yr-old league after this season. All because of this doofus Commish.

48 hours is a joke.

I agree with this to a point. I would contact team A without letting team B know. If he says cool, then you let him know the other Commish was the one that allowed it to be pulled back. If he says "no", then you as the Commish has to eat the sh!t sammich and say it was your decision.

Buyers remourse IS NOT a reason to try to back out of a trade after you have pulled the trigger! Now making a mistake is another thing. The way we get passed the, "I made a mistake and cliked the wrong button" thingy is to require that all parties to a trade include a comment as to their acceptance or declination of a trade in the comment section. The actual word of someone at the time of transaction carries much more weight than the paniced phone call or eMail after the fact.

Your first problem is Commish approval of trades! STAY OUT OF OWNERS BUSINESS! The only time you should get involved is retroactively and then ONLY if you can prove that there was cheating involved. If you allow trades to go through automatically, then you cut out a lot of these problems for you AND the league!

Agree on all counts and good idea about the having to add a comment thing. And timing is important. If he comes back right away and goes "oops" that's one thing - not the next friggin day (etc).

I'm the commissioner in my work league. I had a similar issue last week. Team A agreed to trade Elii Manning and DeShawn Wynn to Team B for Philip Rivers and Edgerrin James. In my league we have a 48 hour league review / vote. The deal was agreed upon at lunch and accepted and had 3 votes for by the time I had gotten back from lunch. So I have an email saying there is a pending trade so I look at it and thought it was fine. Team A comes to me with cold feet. I asked him if he had voted for the trade to go through and he said yes. So he accepted the trade and then voted for it and then wants out. I told him I would not revoke the trade because he had cold feet unless Team B agreed. He talked to a few other owners asking if it was a fair trade and they said yes. He never asked Team B to revoke the trade.

I'm the commissioner in my work league. I had a similar issue last week. Team A agreed to trade Elii Manning and DeShawn Wynn to Team B for Philip Rivers and Edgerrin James. In my league we have a 48 hour league review / vote. The deal was agreed upon at lunch and accepted and had 3 votes for by the time I had gotten back from lunch. So I have an email saying there is a pending trade so I look at it and thought it was fine. Team A comes to me with cold feet. I asked him if he had voted for the trade to go through and he said yes. So he accepted the trade and then voted for it and then wants out. I told him I would not revoke the trade because he had cold feet unless Team B agreed. He talked to a few other owners asking if it was a fair trade and they said yes. He never asked Team B to revoke the trade.

48 hour windows and owner approvals are bogus.

48 hour windows and owner approvals are bogus.

Regardless, the commish gave the guy the right advice...go to the other party and ask for an out...he did not and noone else thought it was a bad trade. Sounds like he was stuck because he was too girly to man up. I live by the rule....once you hit the send button there is no going back.

Basic contract law, sort of.

Team A made an offer, Team B accepted...done deal.

Now, the only way that Team B can get off the hook is if the other party to the "contract", team A, lets him.

Yup, this is between the two owners.