[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Star-Tribune article re Childress

kingfish247

• 2 weeks later...
Andy Reid hasnt won us a super bowl "yet" yes i still hold out hope....but when he was first hired as HC people were saying the same thing because he had never been a head coach or even offensive coordinator before.....the vikings organization was plenty in shambles before Childress got to town

Broke 5 year winning streak against Lions.

Worst Loss to Packers in franchise history.

First time Vikings were ever shut out by the Packers.

Worst regular season loss since 1984.

First time in the regular season since early 1991 the Vikings failed to score. (260 games)

First Blackout in 100 games (this Sunday it will happen)

First Vikings coach in 40 years to have back to back losing seasons (its coming in three or four weeks)

I hope for all Vikings fans the Childress era comes to an end sooner rather than later.

At what point do articles like these stop being slanted to obtain their desired message and they start just being truth...

:D

Sunday, Bollinger had 7 passing yards until about two minutes remained in the third quarter while operating Childress' self-titled "kick-ass offense."

Sunday, Bollinger had 7 passing yards until about two minutes remained in the third quarter while operating Childress' self-titled "kick-ass offense."

Chavez is right. Childress would make a great defensive coordinator.

Reid had the Eagles turned around by the middle of year two.

The Vikings organization remains in a shambles. About their only bright spot in year 2 of Pax Childress is they were drafting high enough to pick AD. Otherwise, the team looks much the same as it did in year one.

I am not defending Chilly as a coach simply the statement that he was never a head coach or whatever it was....a lot of what has been said about Chilly WAS said about Reid and that is why I used him as an example...We went thru the Doug Pederson time too

I am not defending Chilly as a coach simply the statement that he was never a head coach or whatever it was....a lot of what has been said about Chilly WAS said about Reid and that is why I used him as an example...We went thru the Doug Pederson time too

In Reid's second year, the QB he drafted went on to make 5 straight Pro Bowls.

McNabb + Pederson > Jackson + Bollinger + Holcomb

Reid always had a rag-tag group of WRs (except for TO) but the key to everyone's success early in Reid's tenure was McNabb.

A frightening thought is that Major Dad stated within the last few hours that he's still committed to developing (and starting) Jackson. Maybe Jackson has 5 Pro Bowls in him but I'll be damned if I see it.

In Reid's second year, the QB he drafted went on to make 5 straight Pro Bowls.

McNabb + Pederson > Jackson + Bollinger + Holcomb

Reid always had a rag-tag group of WRs (except for TO) but the key to everyone's success early in Reid's tenure was McNabb.

A frightening thought is that Major Dad stated within the last few hours that he's still committed to developing (and starting) Jackson. Maybe Jackson has 5 Pro Bowls in him but I'll be damned if I see it.

again i am not saying the same time table should be expected or the same results just that the same things were being said.....also what do you expect him to say about jackson even if he realizes he was wrong about him?

again i am not saying the same time table should be expected or the same results just that the same things were being said.....also what do you expect him to say about jackson even if he realizes he was wrong about him?

What does it matter what Childress says in order to maintain his position in the organization? His results are his results.

Even if he realizes he's wrong and says so, what can they do? Nothing. But who put them where they're at now? Childress.