[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's gonna be at the "The Duel in the Dome?"

Goopster24

There ain't a whole lot to do at the Dome. The St. Elmo Steakhouse is by far the best place in town to eat, although it's pricey and it'll probably be impossible to get a table on Sunday. I've always been a fan of the Rathskeller (a German pub) for drinks. It's far enough away from the stadium that it won't be jam-packed.

I will be at the game treating one of my buddies for his birthday. He is a huge Colts fan so he knows the RCA Dome pretty well of course. Either way, any suggestions of things to look out for or do? Thanks!

Not a lot to say about the RCA Dome. I've been there a few times and it's about as drab as it can be. Unless it's changed for the better in the last 15 years or so.

Outside of Broad Ripple... is there anything worth doing in Indy? The 500, Colts, and Pacers?

Outside of Broad Ripple... is there anything worth doing in Indy? The 500, Colts, and Pacers?

Circle Center Mall is right downtown. Some nice restaurants as well (St. Elmo, Ruth's Chris, The Palomino, The Claddaugh... there's also a newer seafood place whose name I can't recall). The Rathskeller is a nice authentic German bar. Broad Ripple is nice, but is waaaay north and parking is a pain in the ass up there.

Circle Center Mall is right downtown. Some nice restaurants as well (St. Elmo, Ruth's Chris, The Palomino, The Claddaugh... there's also a newer seafood place whose name I can't recall). The Rathskeller is a nice authentic German bar. Broad Ripple is nice, but is waaaay north and parking is a pain in the ass up there.

Broad Ripple is the only area that had even a DECENT nightlife, and its not all that great, and as i remember it, it was a long cab ride away.

Goop I'll give you all the advice you want for a little of your FA budget lol..... :D

Edited by Scare Tactics

Broad Ripple is the only area that had even a DECENT nightlife, and its not all that great, and as i remember it, it was a long cab ride away.

I suppose that it depends on what your "nightlife" priorities are. If you're looking to go bar-hopping until 2 am, then downtown Indy is somewhat limited in that regard. If you're looking to go out for a nice dinner and drinks afterwards, there are plenty of options.

The biggest downside to Indy is that the downtown area is relatively small. There are plenty of places around the city, but they're not centrally-located.

Just got the official word that I am going to be on the field!! Going to the game on it's own was going to be the best sporting I would have gotten to go to this year....now, with this news, I'm wondering how high this will rank on the all-time list!! I don't really have a rooting interest, other than almost always liking the underdog, so all I'm hoping for is a close game, who cares who wins!! Who wants to touch me!?!?

Edited by Seahawks21

If you're looking to go out for a nice dinner and drinks afterwards, there are plenty of options.

The biggest downside to Indy is that the downtown area is relatively small. There are plenty of places around the city, but they're not centrally-located.

Well i guess if your like 40+ a nice dinner and a drink and an early night might be what u consider "nightlife"

I suppose that it depends on what your "nightlife" priorities are. If you're looking to go bar-hopping until 2 am, then downtown Indy is somewhat limited in that regard.

I didnt realize there was another type of nightlife, sorry.... Ya i want to bar-hop till 4am in most of the cities i go to, but hey thats just me..

Well i guess if your like 40+ a nice dinner and a drink and an early night might be what u consider "nightlife"

I didnt realize there was another type of nightlife, sorry.... Ya i want to bar-hop till 4am in most of the cities i go to, but hey thats just me..

You won't be doing that once you hit your late 20's and/or get married. Unless, of course, you're a raging alcoholic.

You won't be doing that once you hit your late 20's and/or get married. Unless, of course, you're a raging alcoholic.

Bill, you don't have to be a raging alcoholic to wanna have fun in the city until the wee hours. And I've done it at 34 with 1 kid and a wife that loves me.

Now that I've got 2 kids... it's a little trickier. But, when I hit St. Louis in mid-December for the Packer game, I will likely make it to 4AM both nights I'm there.

Now, St. Louis has a much better nightlife than Indy. I've done both.

:D

Bill, you don't have to be a raging alcoholic to wanna have fun in the city until the wee hours. And I've done it at 34 with 1 kid and a wife that loves me.

Now that I've got 2 kids... it's a little trickier. But, when I hit St. Louis in mid-December for the Packer game, I will likely make it to 4AM both nights I'm there.

I've done it as well, but I'm not of the mindset that "there's no other nightlife unless you're, like, 40." Most adults with families and full-time jobs don't close down bars every Friday and Saturday night. I imagine that you and your wife have a "nightlife" that doesn't consist of stumbling around piss-drunk at 4 am. I don't even stay out that late with my drinking buddies anymore.

Now, St. Louis has a much better nightlife than Indy. I've done both.

:D

St. Louis is a nice city. Haven't been out to the bars there yet, but I'll try to the next time I'm there.

Hmm..... Like go to bdubs lol... Have you ever been to a real city to compare it to?

No. Lil' ole me has never been to LA, or NY City, or New Orleans, or Tampa, or Miami, or Chicago, or Seattle, or Phoenix.

Puh-leeez.

I've been to all those places and plenty more multiple times. I still think there's lots to do in Indy. How many times have you been there?

Im 32, and not married... So my life isnt over yet... Nope not a raging alchoholic, but have no problem pounding brews all night long if i go away for a weekend.

I still think there's lots to do in Indy. How many times have you been there?

1 time, and me and my friends still talk about how bad it was and I will NEVER EVER go back. The town just has nothing to offer in my opinion.

Anyway, im not trying to tell you that ur opinion is wrong or whatever, but in my opinion the town is dull as can be. Every1 is entitled to their opinion.

Im 32, and not married... So my life isnt over yet... Nope not a raging alchoholic, but have no problem pounding brews all night long if i go away for a weekend.

Neither do I, but apparently you have a problem with people who prefer to call it a night at 11 or 12. :D

Seriously, if you think that Indianapolis is that lame, don't go back. Nobody there will miss you.

Most adults with families and full-time jobs don't close down bars every Friday and Saturday night. I imagine that you and your wife have a "nightlife" that doesn't consist of stumbling around piss-drunk at 4 am.

Yeah, that is true. But, that's not what most people mean by "nightlife". I don't consider getting a rental movie after a dinner at Applebee's to be "nightlife". That's just what someone did that night.

ANYWAY... this is way off topic. The simple truth is that Indy is a little lacking in character as a city. And most people with no vested interest in the city would agree with that sentiment. :D