[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's gonna be at the "The Duel in the Dome?"

Goopster24

Yeah, that is true. But, that's not what most people mean by "nightlife". I don't consider getting a rental movie after a dinner at Applebee's to be "nightlife". That's just what someone did that night.

Uh, I said a nice dinner and drinks afterwards. I don't see how that isn't "nightlife" if the drinking stops at 11, instead of 4.

ANYWAY... this is way off topic. The simple truth is that Indy is a little lacking in character as a city. And most people with no vested interest in the city would agree with that sentiment. :D

Uh, I wouldn't say that at all. Indy's a really nice city and there's plenty to do there, but you might have to catch a few cabs to get to some of those places.

Neither do I, but apparently you have a problem with people who prefer to call it a night at 11 or 12. :D

Seriously, if you think that Indianapolis is that lame, don't go back. Nobody there will miss you.

Well if i was home with a girlfriend or something, an 11 or 12 night would be fine, im not saying to close down bars every weekend in normal life.

But a weekend getaway with friends, a weekend on the town in a new city, ya an 11o'clock night would be pretty sad to me, a weekend getaway is exactly that, a GET AWAY.. its not real the real world.. Me and my friends were even laughing on my way back from my last trip saying, wow its gonna suck to go back to the real world now.

Uh, I said a nice dinner and drinks afterwards. I don't see how that isn't "nightlife" if the drinking stops at 11, instead of 4.

Uh, I wouldn't say that at all. Indy's a really nice city and there's plenty to do there, but you might have to catch a few cabs to get to some of those places.

Uh, fair enough. I'm done.

Go Colts btw.

Well if i was home with a girlfriend or something, an 11 or 12 night would be fine, im not saying to close down bars every weekend in normal life.

But a weekend getaway with friends, a weekend on the town in a new city, ya an 11o'clock night would be pretty sad to me, a weekend getaway is exactly that, a GET AWAY.. its not real the real world.. Me and my friends were even laughing on my way back from my last trip saying, wow its gonna suck to go back to the real world now.

Fair enough.

Circle Center Mall is right downtown. Some nice restaurants as well (St. Elmo, Ruth's Chris, The Palomino, The Claddaugh... there's also a newer seafood place whose name I can't recall). The Rathskeller is a nice authentic German bar. Broad Ripple is nice, but is waaaay north and parking is a pain in the ass up there.

Being from Milwaukee I like places like that.

Not a lot to say about the RCA Dome. I've been there a few times and it's about as drab as it can be. Unless it's changed for the better in the last 15 years or so.

Outside of Broad Ripple... is there anything worth doing in Indy? The 500, Colts, and Pacers?

RCA Dome is the worst stadium I've ever been too. Well, I take that back, Riverfront was pretty bad. Can't wait for the new stadium next season.

Broad Ripple is cool. The bars downtown can be a little white trash.

St. Elmo's is a must. You have to get the shrimp cocktail.

Circle Center Mall. Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum. Oceanaire is the the name of the seafood joint that Bill was talking about. Fresh seafood flown in daily. But nothing compares to St. Elmo's.

Tailgating is done in parking lots all around the stadium.

IMAX theater is downtown. Several other museums, including the Eiteljorg, which specializes in native american art.

There's an off track betting place downtown too.

Rathskellar is cool, especially if they are doing live music in the Anatheum.

Edited by CaptainHook

Well i guess if your like 40+ a nice dinner and a drink and an early night might be what u consider "nightlife"

I didnt realize there was another type of nightlife, sorry.... Ya i want to bar-hop till 4am in most of the cities i go to, but hey thats just me..

Sunday morning at 2 Indy goes off daylight savings time, so I'm assuming there will be an extra hour of nightlife before the bars close down at 3 am.

Jillian's is a bar downtown. Has video games, bowling, etc. Las time I was there though, the Nascar games weren't linked, so you couldn't race against your friends. And the pop-a-shot hoop games were busted.

Slippery Noodle Inn, jazz bar with live music, right down for the Dome. This was where I partied after the AFC Championship game . . .

I've seen some pretty interesting things happen at Tiki Bob's and the Ugly Monkey. I will not be providing details . . .

Broad Ripple is a good 25 minutes from downtown. 20 minutes if you drive like me. Probably the best overall quality of nightlife in Indy though.

And yes, I've been to other cities, including Miami for the Super Bowl. It's not as lame as some are making it sound.

Edited by CaptainHook

Forgot about the IMAX. Saw Episode II there... very cool. Indy also has a zoo right downtown, albeit not a world-class one. Still, it's a nice thing to do on a Saturday afternoon, especially if you have kids. The art museum up on the northwest side is also pretty nice. I don't care much for art, but I still enjoyed my visit.

Outside of the Pacers, there's also the Indiana Ice (minor league hockey) and the Indianapolis Indians (probably the best minor league ballpark out there). The latter is smack in the middle of downtown.

seafood in Indy?...that sh!t is probably frozen since last Spring!

:D

Oceanaire is the the name of the seafood joint that Bill was talking about. Fresh seafood flown in daily.

Not only are a number of Pats fans here incredibly arrogant and condescending, but they can't read either.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Not only are a number of Pats fans here incredibly arrogant and condescending, but they can't read either.

believe what you want, 'flown in daily'... :D

i get mine right off the boat...believe me now and thank me later,

i KNOW how long that stuff sits around.

ENJOY! :wacko:

believe what you want, 'flown in daily'... :wacko:

i get mine right off the boat...believe me now and thank me later,

i KNOW how long that stuff sits around.

ENJOY! :D

You do realize that most "fresh fish" you get, even "right of the boat" was put on ice and frozen as soon as it was caught? Just a tid bit of info from a guy who spent several years of my young working life in an italian seafood place in southern California where we sold whole fish :D It is a myth that "only" seafood restaurants on the coast have "fresh fish". OK sorry to wander from the purpose of this thread, back to who's gonna be at "The Duel in the Dome?"