[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Henry - Never getting suspended?

Bedoman

I have heard so many things about Travis Henry and his pending suspension its getting sick...

The league served him with an official notice of the postive drug test and he had one week to respond to appeal....that should have been this week or last week. They said they were moving forward despite what the courts were doing.

This week it sounded like his appeal or some hearing was scheduled for Nov 5th. Now I read that his suspension should be settled one way or another between the Broncos week 10 and week 11 games....that anther two weeks.

Does the league have a real positive test???? I mean if they do why don't they get it over with already.....Or let it go and let him play....

Anybody have a clue what the REAL story is ???

It's right around the corner. I don't know how Henry can escape this one. There is no contention that the test was not positive, only that the NFL wouldn't allow Henry's expert in to witness the tesing, but from everything I've seen, the NFL complied with the CBA, which contains the language that the ruling will come from.

My guess is he will start serving his suspension week 10.

Yup, Mort said that a determination set forth by the league would most likely come within a couple to few days after the Nov 5th hearing.

Per RotoWorld:

Travis Henry's appeal of his substance abuse suspension has been pushed from Monday Nov. 6th to Friday Nov. 16th.

The appeal could be subject to even more delays as motions continue to be filed in Henry's lawsuit against the NFL. That Henry's appeal was delayed a week means he will most likely be active in Week 10, and possibly a few games more. Selvin Young owners are just going to have to be patient.

from yesterday's Denver Post:

A decision on Travis Henry's future continues to be pushed back.

An NFL spokesman confirmed Henry's league appeal is set to be heard Nov. 16 in New York, but like the previous assigned date, it could be moved back again. His appeal for a possible suspension for a positive drug test previously had been set for Monday. The current appeal date is scheduled three days before Denver hosts Tennessee, the team Henry played for before signing with Denver as a free agent. Henry's future with the Broncos might not be decided until weeks after the NFL hearing date.

Henry

Rats! As a SYoung owner I was hoping to see some movement on this thing this week. Looks like it might last all season, which Im sure is kind of an embarrassment to the NFL front office.

Then again, it may not matter. THenry's ribs are not going to heal up very quickly getting pounded each week and he could be one Sam Adams or other big NT's fall down away from being done for a few weeks regardless.

The funny this about this is that it sets a really bad precedent in the league.....ANY drug or banned substance abuse case can be challenged in the court and then motions can be fied and delays delays delays....

HENRY OWNS THE LEAGUE AND THE COMMISH at this point when it should be the other way around.....The league must be wwrried that if they suspended him and then the courts somehow find in Henry's favor they will look like idiots.....

The League does not have to wait on the courts.....if they really had something on him wouldn't they just suspend him now.....like I said nothing is stopping them from suspending him regardless of the courts....

GO HENRY GO I GUESS - Make Mr Commish look like an idiot some more - almost funny in this recent season of "TOUGH GUY" ROGER GOODELL HUH???

The funny this about this is that it sets a really bad precedent in the league.....ANY drug or banned substance abuse case can be challenged in the court and then motions can be fied and delays delays delays....

HENRY OWNS THE LEAGUE AND THE COMMISH at this point when it should be the other way around.....The league must be wwrried that if they suspended him and then the courts somehow find in Henry's favor they will look like idiots.....

The League does not have to wait on the courts.....if they really had something on him wouldn't they just suspend him now.....like I said nothing is stopping them from suspending him regardless of the courts....

GO HENRY GO I GUESS - Make Mr Commish look like an idiot some more - almost funny in this recent season of "TOUGH GUY" ROGER GOODELL HUH???

I am a Henry owner (plus I have Young & Hall)

Are you being sarcastic? I hope - Cheering for Henry, a man with nine kids from nine different woman plus has the nads to go smoke dope after signing a big contract with Denver when he has all those mouths to feed is BS - Gooddell is good for the NFL - I hope this a sarcastic statement, because if it isn't your lack of intelligence is overwhelming.

YES ITS SARCASTIC !!!!!

My point is this guy and his lawyers are playing the league like a fiddle.....

Goodell looks like an idiot and this is setting up future cases....

For example why doesn't Chris Henry (TEN) go to court and claim the test was not proper OR that the steroid was not a steroid and his friend planted it in his protein powder???

My point was that Roger Goodell shoud get control of this and make a decision regardless of the courts or he'll be dealing with athletes using the court system much more in the future trust me .....

The other thing is the Broncos organization should be embarrassed.....what does it say for their organization???

The other thing is the Broncos organization should be embarrassed.....what does it say for their organization???

Nothing. Shanny broughy in exactly the kind of player Denver needed. He thought Henry was past his problems and it turns out Shanny made a mistake. That's all. It says nothing about the organization. Unless you want to make something up that isn't true or is just fishing.

It does say something about the organization when they keep putting him out on the field - A guy that is getting suspended (most likely) and they know it....

do you play against henry in the near future? I bolded why they keep putting him out there...most likely doesn't mean it will happen so they will continue to play him until a ruling is made.

It does say something about the organization when they keep putting him out on the field - A guy that is getting suspended (most likely) and they know it....

The reality is If teams refused to sign players accused of smoking Josh Gordon or equivalent indiscretions, they wouldn't be able to field a team.