[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reid

theeohiostate

Been searching around for an Andy Reid thread.

Where's all the Cowboys bashing this guy at?

Dude needs to spend a little less time at the office and focus on some parental skills or therapy sessions.

Seriously family first. I dont know what he is doing but it sounds ugly. How he can coach is beyond me

Been searching around for an Andy Reid thread.

Dude needs to spend a little less time at the office and focus on some parental skills or therapy sessions.

My Philly bashing is with guys on the boards and all above board..I dont dislike any of the Philly huddlers. I certainly wouldnt make light of a guy whose son is battling drugs..We bust balls about football..Not family..Except in the case of Keg..Hes gay and ugly

My Philly bashing is with guys on the boards and all above board..I dont dislike any of the Philly huddlers. I certainly wouldnt make light of a guy whose son is battling drugs..We bust balls about football..Not family..Except in the case of Keg..Hes gay and ugly

i see i may need a new avatar...one of a bear mauling a bottle of olive oil :D

The damage is done.What is he supposed to do?Quit coaching and sit around waiting for prison visits every week.I bet he has more regrets as a Dad than any of us could ever know.He may be to the point where he feels like prison is the best thing for his boys.

not going to make light of the situation and i am sure that his being away coaching while they were growing up contributed to this but arent both of his sons ADULTS.

Well, you kind of answer your own question right there. I'm sure Andy isn't the whole story, but his 17 or 18 hour work days, 7 days a week, had to have an impact, right?

Takes your whole life and everything and everyone around you to become an "adult". These problems didn't start a couple months ago.

That's enough from me. I got into this on the board the last time the Reid kids were in the news, and I'm not going there again. I'm a wee bit sensitive to the situation of absentee parenting.

Must.... not.... click.... on... THREAD!

The damage is done.What is he supposed to do?Quit coaching and sit around waiting for prison visits every week.I bet he has more regrets as a Dad than any of us could ever know.He may be to the point where he feels like prison is the best thing for his boys.

From what i've read, this has been going on for years and years. This just didn't happen overnight.

As a family man, he should have taken time out long ago to address this, but he has clearly chosen football over family. No way to deny that.

This has effected this team on several occassions and it's time the ownership forces him to deal with it, before it becomes a much larger team problem the TO ever was.

not going to make light of the situation and i am sure that his being away coaching while they were growing up contributed to this but arent both of his sons ADULTS.

True Keg, at this point in their lives, they are considered adults, but this has been developing since their teenage years, so while it's not his fault now, he surely didn't address the problems when he could have made a difference.

From what i've read, this has been going on for years and years. This just didn't happen overnight.

As a family man, he should have taken time out long ago to address this, but he has clearly chosen football over family. No way to deny that.

This has effected this team on several occassions and it's time the ownership forces him to deal with it, before it becomes a much larger team problem the TO ever was.

You're definitely on to something here. Your time might be better spent spending a detailed outline of your proposals to enhance Andy's parenting skills to him and Eagles' management, though. Here, I'll help you out.

Andy Reid

c/o Philadelphia Eagles

1100 Presumptuous Bassturd Ln

Philadelphia, PA 19001

As an Eagles' fan, I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this matter of such grave concern. It is utterly amazing to me that the Eagles organization and Andy Reid continue to ignore us casual observers, being as we all have such deep insight into his family's problems. Why, just the other day, I sent Coach Reid an e-mail outlining what his diet and exercise regimen ought to be (it was very detailed), and I didn't even get so much as a "Thank You."

oh, and :D

True Keg, at this point in their lives, they are considered adults, but this has been developing since their teenage years, so while it's not his fault now, he surely didn't address the problems when he could have made a difference.

i cant and wont disagree but my point is that they are adults now and they need to take responsibility for their own actions....maybe it was reids position that kept them out of trouble when they were younger, who knows.....but the point is that right now they are adults....what happens if i get in trouble with the law, should my dad stop working because of it? Reid is a public figure and that means added scrutiny....there are many people(i wont say kids or adults just people to cover all bases) that struggle with drug abuse and the like....some come from damn good homes, some from not so good homes...some with 2 parents, some with single parents, some with famous parents etc....i think you get the picture....Reid is a very religious man and I am sure that he feels horrible about his sons/family...but that does not mean that he should have to step down from his job....for some their job may be the thing that helps to keep them sane so they can find the strength to deal with problems like this....i dont know if any of that made any sense and well if not then F it :D

]This has effected this team on several occassions and it's time the ownership forces him to deal with it, before it becomes a much larger team problem the TO ever was.

Yes, sitting home unemployed and depressed while his adult sons are in prison will certainly go a long way to making the situation better.

Maybe he and TOny Dungy should just take the next several years off, since they both have parenting demons in their closets?

TOS, you're usually on base...but not today.

His kids are adults...they are on their own at this point. Can you fault the Reids for things they have done in the past? Maybe. Is making Coach Reid pay for it today, when there is little to be done at this point, credible? Hardly.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Yes, sitting home unemployed and depressed while his adult sons are in prison will certainly go a long way to making the situation better.

Maybe he and TOny Dungy should just take the next several years off, since they both have parenting demons in their closets?

His kids are adults...they are on their own at this point. Can you fault the Reids for things they have done in the past? Maybe. Is making Coach Reid pay for it today, when there is little to be done at this point, credible? Hardly.

Hid kids are adults but live under his roof?

:D Who in the hell cares about employment? He has enough money to last a lifetime and MORE IMPORTANTLY, he has 3 other children in that house, that the judge has labled a "Drug Emporiam" .

If you feel, he should continue to be arrogant and irresponsible at the sake of his remaining 3 children, that haven't been imprisioned, then you are not making much sense.

This inaction has already cost his family 2 members, will he ever wake up before it cost him his other 3? Probably not, he's chosen to ignore it obviously, I mean what father is told his home is full of drugs and goes to work the next day and leaves his 3 other children and wife there alone to deal with it???

Edited by theeohiostate

As much as I despise the eagles, and hope they get hammered by Dallas this week, I feel bad for Reid and don't think this is funny.

If this was Owen's or Phillips' kids I'd imagine you'd see some threads. Originating from Phily of course, because if you're not from Philly, you can't root for the Eagles.

His sons have nothing to do with football that's why. The guy is hurting so bad right now I can't imagine anyone saying anything that could make him feel worse. His sons are Adults and there is little he can do now. It must have been tough on them to have a coach for a dad because of the time it takes to do it. However, maybe they are still in their selfish getting back at him mode and until they realize that they are only killing themselves and hurting the family they will continue to be stupid. They obviously need help and maybe they find themselves in Jail.

A hard head makes for a soft a$$.

Maybe they learn their lesson. It surprises me that both are problems. I could see one but both. How the guy can concentrate on football is beyond me or maybe he has done what he can and it's on them now. Tough love so to speak. I wish him well and would never smack a guy around on a board for this stuff. Winning and losing on the field is one thing but losing in life is quite another.

This pretty much sums up my opinion.

I am sure there are some things that Reid could/would have done differently in the past, but without the full story we just have generalizations.

His sons have nothing to do with football that's why. The guy is hurting so bad right now I can't imagine anyone saying anything that could make him feel worse. His sons are Adults and there is little he can do now. It must have been tough on them to have a coach for a dad because of the time it takes to do it. However, maybe they are still in their selfish getting back at him mode and until they realize that they are only killing themselves and hurting the family they will continue to be stupid. They obviously need help and maybe they find themselves in Jail.

A hard head makes for a soft a$$.

Maybe they learn their lesson. It surprises me that both are problems. I could see one but both. How the guy can concentrate on football is beyond me or maybe he has done what he can and it's on them now. Tough love so to speak. I wish him well and would never smack a guy around on a board for this stuff. Winning and losing on the field is one thing but losing in life is quite another.

This may be possible, but I am guessing that it may have started out as "getting back at him"; however, now it is first about being addicted to drugs and unable to stop the usage. In conjuction with that, they can work out family issues, but the first priority is to get them to stop using the drugs.

Edited by TDFFFreak