[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what is the worst trade you ever made?

tarantula

Shaun Alexander for Marcus Robinson back in 2001 (Jimmy Smith was my only other decent WR). Robinson tore two ligaments in his knee the following week and Lamar Smith wore down shortly after. And even with Faulk and Favre having outstanding seasons, I still lost in the championship game.

Edited by Bill Swerski

A couple years ago I was loaded, or so I thought, with young talented RBs and weak at WR in a keeper league. I traded away SJax for Wayne. My other young, talented RBs were Julius Jones and Cadillac Williams. :D

During the 2002 season, which was my second year of playing fantasy football, I made a trade on the eve of the deadline in Week 10. I needed help at WR, so I traded Clinton Portis during his rookie season in Denver for the number one WR in fantasy football at that point in time: Peerless Price.

I think I got one monster game out of Price after that and a whole bunch of nothing the rest of the way. Meanwhile, the guy I traded Portis to won out his last five and backed into the playoffs. Guess who I played in the first round? Also, guess who went off for 4 scores and somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 combined yards?

That trade cost me a league championship, because I would have won both playoff games with Portis on my roster.

Edited by tomfin2000

Shaun Alexander for Marcus Robinson back in 2001 (Jimmy Smith was my only other decent WR). Robinson tore two ligaments in his knee the following week and Lamar Smith wore down shortly after. And even with Faulk and Favre having outstanding seasons, I still lost in the championship game.

What was the one I made in 12 MITH that year? It was something with Farve and someone for Peyton Manning or something like that wasn't it. I am sure yo mama would remember. :D

I play IDP, and in my second year....back in 2005....I was pretty solid at WR..or so I thought. I had this steve smith guy who put up a couple of decent games through the first two weeks...and being a chicago homer I really wanted Urlacher. So I, I got talked into by the commissioner....MY FAULT NOT HIS....into a Urlacher for Smith deal.

The week I did that, Smith went off for 40+ points on the Miami Dolphins and that was that. From that point on I decided to never be the dumb one involved in a trade. LESSON LEARNED!!!!

Edited by TheShiznit

two years ago, we were actually in the bahamas on vacation and i checked my main local league a few hours before sunday's games. my wife was like, "you're checking fantasy football HERE?" it was week 9 or 10, and i was on the bubble for a playoff spot. i got an offer where i traded a starter and a backup for a starter and a backup -- i had jamal lewis, so his backup, chester taylor, was being traded to me. the backup i traded away was LJ. a few hours later, priest holmes went out for the season. i should've listened to my wife.

Last year, when Alexander was hurt but was originally thought to be out for only one week, I went brain dead and traded for him. I gave up:

Willie Parker

Kevin Jones (who at the time had done nothing. It was right after I traded him that he went off)

Reggie Wayne (at the time I had 3 WR's who were outscoring him. Again, after this trade he went off)

I still look at this this and ask myself: "What the hell were you thinking"???