[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Henry

isleseeya

From CBS Sportsline 11/02/07:

Travis Henry, RB DEN

News: The Denver Post reports that the NFL confirmed a delay in Travis Henry's drug suspension appeal, and his hearing is now set for Nov. 16 in New York. But, like the previous date, it might be pushed back further. Therefore, there's a chance that Henry could play the entire season if his hearing keeps getting pushed back. Henry is facing a suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy and would miss one calendar year if he is found guilty.

Analysis: Moreover, Henry is considered probable for Week 9 at Detroit, a great matchup for him against a sloppy run defense. If you own him, prepare to start him in this week's game as a low-end No. 1/top-end No. 2 Fantasy RB.

unfortunately...since Henry has been banged up, this will likely be RBBC....

not because of Shanahan....because of the fact that Henry has been banged up for a number of weeks and now I can't start him against the Lions and have to settle for Peterson against the Chargers :D

unfortunately...since Henry has been banged up, this will likely be RBBC....

not because of Shanahan....because of the fact that Henry has been banged up for a number of weeks and now I can't start him against the Lions and have to settle for Peterson against the Chargers :sad:

Bad call.

Start Henry with confidence against the Lions.

Bad call.

Start Henry with confidence against the Lions.

I had Henry in and then put Peterson in....

this is actually a very tough call for me being that Henry is banged up....

I was going to post this question in the advice forum but didn't have time and/or didn't feel like responding to 10 posts or so like I normally do....

especially when I'd say 50% of the time you end up getting 3 responses :D...

I traded for him just before this news broke. Henry should have a chip on his shoulder, since Selvin performed well in relief last week and the world probably appears to him to be against him. If he performs well enough to keep Selvin relegated to third down duty, I'm thinking 105 and TD is not out of the question against the Lions.

I traded for him just before this news broke. Henry should have a chip on his shoulder, since Selvin performed well in relief last week and the world probably appears to him to be against him. If he performs well enough to keep Selvin relegated to third down duty, I'm thinking 105 and TD is not out of the question against the Lions.

I know this aint the advice forum but this thread turned into it (sort of)

Would anyone advise starting Marion Barber @ Phi over T.Henry bceause of S.Young's success against GB and Henry's injuries.. ? :D

Last I heard it was postponed and it may go through the end of regular season

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=229018

I doubt they let it go that far. Henry's lawyers are trying to string this out and the NFL know sit. After the Nov. 16 date it may go two more weeks unless he wins.

Didn't see any reference to this anywhere, so here's some supposed "insider info" regarding the appeal.

Fox Colorado

It's been reported already that Travis Henry's appeal date has been tentatively reset from November 5th to November 16th in New York. However, contrary to current reports, I have learned from both a highly placed League source and a source inside of Henry's camp, that the appeal is tentatively scheduled to be in ARIZONA. "That's because a lot of people in the [N.F.L.P.A's] drug program will be in Phoenix," explained a highly placed N.F.L source."

and further down the page...

But first and foremost the source inside of Henry's camp acknowledged the following things I've already reported [some of the information is new based on the source's report]:

1.) Henry did test positive for Josh Gordon.

2.) Henry tested over the Collective Bargaining Agreement (C.B.A.) limit by 6ng/ml.

*The C.B.A limit is 15ng/ml. The fact that Henry's result was 21ng/ml is new!

3.) Henry did have a Toxicologist present to witness the testing of his "B" urine sample after William Closson (the original Toxicologist) was rejected. What's new, according to the source inside of Henry camp, is the identity of the Toxicologist who did witness the testing of the "B" urine sample; the Toxicologist's name is Dr. Skip Jones.

4.) Lastly, it is "unlikely" that a judge will order his reinstatement under the hypothetical scenario that his appeal is denied and his case is further challenged in the courts.

and ultimately...

In conclusion, based on the new reset appeal hearing date of Nov.16th, if the process and the decision took- let's say-2 weeks—Henry could still hypothetically miss 5 games this season as part of a year suspension. That of course is conjecture. I have been told, by people who know however that, the length of the appeal process will depend on the evidence adduced at the hearing!

Nothing to do with Henry but the Broncos suck balls.

Yeah, we're so conditioned at this point to think that any RB starting for the Broncos is a stud that we've lost sight of the fact that this ain't the goldmine it used to be. When we're talking about Henry and Young, we're talking about mid-tier RB2s with the way the Broncos have been playing this year. In all fairness to the Broncos fans, all of the injuries certainly haven't helped though.

Yeah, we're so conditioned at this point to think that any RB starting for the Broncos is a stud that we've lost sight of the fact that this ain't the goldmine it used to be. When we're talking about Henry and Young, we're talking about mid-tier RB2s with the way the Broncos have been playing this year. In all fairness to the Broncos fans, all of the injuries certainly haven't helped though.

I only wish I had better options..... :D:D