[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From the Crock Pot- Week 9

PantherDave

Sorry I'm a day late, but I had a hard time choosing the recipe this week, but I think this will be a hit with the leftover turkey many of us will have this month.

Beggar's Chowder

1/4 cup unsalted, butter, at room temp

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 Tbsp garlic salt

1 Tbsp thyme

1 Tbsp sweet Hungarian paprika

1/2 teaspoon coarsley ground black pepper

4 skinless bone-in turkey legs or thighs, trimmed of visible fat(or the left over turkey from the Thanksgiving bird)

2 cans ( 14 3/4 oz each) cream-style sweer corn

1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed chicken broth

1 1/2 cups diced yellow onion

1 cup diced red pepper

1 cup diced gren pepper

1 pound cleaned, stemmed white mushrooms( other words da Cap) halved or quatered

1 can (14 1/2oz) petite diced tomatoes, drained

1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream

1/2 cup chopped cilantro

1/2 teaspn salt

Step 1- Coat CP with cooking spray. Combine butter, flour, garlic salt, thyme, paprika and pepper in bowl. Spoon mixture into a paste( wooden spoon works better for me with consistency). Rub paste into all side of turkey( if left overs off a bird, I toss via Buffalo Wing style).

Step 2- Place turkey into CP, add corn, broth, onion and peppers. Cook on High for 3 hrs if doing raw legs or thighs, or until Turkey is fork tender. Remove Turkey and setr aside to cool enough to handle.( If doing left overs of cooked Turkey, then hit it on Low for 6 hrs-5hrs minimum and serve, just do Step 3 with about 2 hrs to 1 1/2 hrs left.)

Step 3- Add shrooms and tomatoes to stock in CP. Cover cook on High for 30 mins. Meanwhile, remove turkey off thighs or legs in bite size pieces. when mushrooms are tender-add Turkey. Add cream and cilantro and Cook covered about 20 mins longer-serve and enjoy.

I've done it with thighs and legs as well as leftovers-good stuff. I like it with french bread to dip with and a Reisling(sp) is what I like with it, but a Pinot Grigio or Chard will do as well, my pallet prefers a Reisling with this Chowder.

Now for some football.......Eagles take down Boys and TO in Philly...McNappy rises one more time to the occasion.

Cowboys 24

Eagles 27

Bon Appetite and Good Luck on the Homer Front and FF Wise-Peace PD.

Edited by PantherDave