[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

49ers @ Falcons

matt770

Atlanta is a great city but is by far the most pathetic NFL market I have ever encountered. They do not deserve a franchise. Right now there are 30-yard line seats 10 rows from the field available on Ticketmaster. Club-level seats are less than face value on Ebay. The game is blacked out on local TV. Just for the hell of it I looked on TM for Jets @ Dolphins tickets and they only have nosebleeds left. Those two teams have one win between them but I bet the game will still end up selling out.

I'm curious, are there any other NFL cities that do not sell out every week regardless of the team's record? Do TV blackouts happen anymore?

What a friggin joke of a team, their ownership and coaching staff blow and so do their fans. They should be forced to move to a city that will appreciate them and change their name so we can all forget they even existed. If that doesn't happen, then they can go straight to hell.

The AZ Cardinals used to not sell out every week until the new stadium came along.

That's another good point, Atlanta builds the ugliest possible stadium ever conceived by man, and puts a permanent roof on it in a city with a great fall and winter climate where everyone loves to do things outside. Oh I forgot, they wanted to attract Super Bowls and it can get down into the 30s in January and February. What a joke.

That's another good point, Atlanta builds the ugliest possible stadium ever conceived by man, and puts a permanent roof on it in a city with a great fall and winter climate where everyone loves to do things outside. Oh I forgot, they wanted to attract Super Bowls and it can get down into the 30s in January and February. What a joke.

Again.

In Atlanta blackouts were the status quo back in the pre-Vick days. Also, having lived in Atlanta most of my life, I can say that Atlantans would care more about their team if they showed promise i.e. the "Vick" years. How do support a franchise FOR NEVER HAVING BACK-TO-BACK WINNING SEASONS!!!!

IN 40+ YEARS!!!

Ugh! That is just disgusting! How does that happen?!? And how do you build a fan base if, from the day it was introduced you NEVER had ANY continued success. Even the teams that are poor right now have a least some memories of the good ole days. Even the Saints! The new owner Arthur Blank started to change that around, but got a square kick in the nuts nutkick.gif thanks to that a$$hole Vick!

Oh, well!! just my two cents.

Who wanted to sit in 110 degree+ heat, in bleacher seats, in the sun, with no wind...................should I go on???

I will give you the bleacher seats but in late Sept - Dec it's not 110 degree's. In fact PHX usually has some of the best weather in the country during that time of the year. It's not the weather, I think it had more to with a pathetic organization, there is great disdain for Bidwell, and the fact that most people from PHX already grew up fans of other NFL teams, there are a lot of Cowboy fans here.

This is the South matt770 & unless the pro team is winning or there's a big draw IE: Vick, College football rules here.

While on Sunday the Falcons have seats left at the GA. Dome, try getting seats for any Saturday game at Tech or Georgia. You'd just about have to sell your first born to get one of the 86,000 seats at Sanford stadium to see the Bulldogs & the same with the Yellow Jackets at Bobby Dood stadium. Been that way as long as I can remember & unfortunately that's becoming too long now.

Also, as millerx mentioned, the Falcons haven't exactly been a storied Franchise either. Long suffering fans had to go through years & years of when Jed & Jethro Clampett (Rankin Smith Sr & then Jr) owned them.

This is the South matt770 & unless the pro team is winning or there's a big draw IE: Vick, College football rules here.

While on Sunday the Falcons have seats left at the GA. Dome, try getting seats for any Saturday game at Tech or Georgia. You'd just about have to sell your first born to get one of the 86,000 seats at Sanford stadium to see the Bulldogs & the same with the Yellow Jackets at Bobby Dood stadium. Been that way as long as I can remember & unfortunately that's becoming too long now.

Also, as millerx mentioned, the Falcons haven't exactly been a storied Franchise either. Long suffering fans had to go through years & years of when Jed & Jethro Clampett (Rankin Smith Sr & then Jr) owned them.

He's not lieing. College is VERY popular here in the South.

go to a bar and stop yer sobbing. Atlanta can't even sell out baseball playoff games, you think they're gonna sell out a losing NFL team? Oh, and just cause the team's bad doesn't mean that shouldn't sell out their home games :cough:Browns:cough:

The Vikes have been faced with blackout problems the last several weeks. The Vikes/Chargers game avoided a blackout when the local cbs affiliate grabbed the remaining tickets before Thursday. They were saying that if the game would've been blacked out, the NE/Indy game wouldn't be available along with it.

People aren't warming up to Chilly's team.

I live in St Louis where every game except for week 1 and 2 have been blacked out. The 2nd game was aired because the owners bought the rest of the tickets. Call us fair weather fans, but the team is 0-8 and I was unemployed for 7 weeks finding it difficult to find a job. Dropping $100 for 2 nosebleed tickets to see a crappy team is not high on my list. If they want to sell out every game then they need to figure out how to make the team better. The team has gotten progressively worse since Dick Vermiel left. Our drafts have been a joke, Mike Martz ruined the defense and special teams and the ownership went on the cheap and hired a Coach (Linehan) with no experience. He is supposed to be an offensive genius but we can't score any points. Why should I spend my hard earned money to see a joke of a team with no promise and no heart? I would rather stay home and watch other games which is the benefit to having the game blacked out. If the team was competitive the fans would come out.