[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cooking Eggs

Footballjoe

Did you just toss them in the micro or did you scramble them up before putting them in. Assuming scrambled eggs, as thats just about the only style I know of that is easily done in a microwave, I also add a little drop of milk to the eggs to fluff them up a bit. Maybe a little butter in the mix to for flavor.

I scrambled them first. I will try adding butter and milk. They basically had no taste, maybe the butter and milk will help. Thats what I usually do when I cook them on the stove.

Maybe add some veggies make it more like an omelette. Or, once they are cooked, top them with some salsa.

ONe night in college my roomate and I had a head full of acid and decided that we need to go to the local Chucky's and stuff an egg in the microwave as an experiment. After about 2 3/4 minutes on high the egg exploded but left the yolk slightly quivering in the center of the microwave. 3 seconds later it too promptly blew up. WE laughed for hours about it afterwards.

You can poach eggs in the mircowave, it only takes about 1 min 15 secs in mine. It helps if you put a touch of water or butter in teh bottom of the vessel and to pierce the yolk to avoid the aformentioned explosion. I've found the best way to do eggs in the microwave though is to have a small cup approximately teh same diameter as an English muffin. Scramble up the egg, put it in for a couple of minutes and while it's doing its thing, toast up teh english muffin and put on a slice of cheese. Then take out the egg, drop it on the muffin, add meat if your interested in that sort of thing and then top with teh other half of the muffin. Otherwise, the eggs taste bland. Although due to a lack of butt or other fat to cook the egg in, it's probably more healthy for you.

Yeah a little butter and a splash of milk in a bowl of scrambled eggs is the ticket.

I will also sometimes get a big bowl and add cheese, sausage, peppers, salt, pepper, etc. Then, go a minute in the microwave at a time, stirring it up in between each minute, until all the eggs are cooked through. This makes an easily-whomped-up breakfast scramble that nicely compliments a big batch of pancakes. I usually splash a little Frank's Red Hot on mine to make up for the fact that this ain't exactly gourmet.

Peace

policy