[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New BCS rankings

Sgt. Ryan

And it's been almost 15 years since a one loss team was ranked ahead of an undefeated team from a BCS conference.

And it's probably been much much longer than that since they were undefeated or even in contention in the big 12.

IF Kansas were to win out, it will undoubtly come down to the human vote which can be very subjective. People seem to disagree with me when I say that human polls right or wrong do take into consideration more than the current year. IMO the Big 12 should benefit as a whole next year now that Missouri and Kansas are starting to be nationally recognized.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Well I live a couple miles west of the mississippi and have seen Oregon play, and they are very impressive offensively. Not sure how they will match up against a reallly good defense on a neutral field. Look for the Rose Bowl to be all over Oregon-Oklahoma if it's OSU-LSU. I still say LSU will take the crown. No one in the SEC is left to beat them and it looks like they will get a very overrated Georgia team in the SEC CG. LSU will have the home crowd and beat whoever they face in the BCS game.

Might be wrong, but doesn't the Big 12 winner automatically go to the Fiesta Bowl unless they get an invite to the BCS NC? :D

Guess the Sooners could go to the Rose if they don't win the Big 12. Fiesta Bowl will likely get Big 12 Champion against USC or Arizona State is my guess.

Edited by Rockerbraves

What about Kansas? If they win out and beat Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship, they should definitely be in the NC before LSU and Oregon.

I agree with this. KU would have beaten 2 of the top 6 in the BCS head to head. If that doesn't deserve a spot in the NC game over a one loss LSU team the system is seriously flucked.

I agree with this. KU would have beaten 2 of the top 6 in the BCS head to head. If that doesn't deserve a spot in the NC game over a one loss LSU team the system is seriously flucked.

problem is Kansas better stick with basketball, no chance in hell do they win the Big 12.

It's conceivable that LSU will have played 8 top twenty teams this year if they get to the SEC championship game. Chances are if Kansas wins out those two teams will substantially drop in the rankings. So then Kansas "what if" BCS resume takes a beating.