[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats-Colts

budlitebrad

Well, that sucks, but great effort by both teams. Too bad Peyton decided to throw a bomb on 3rd and 2 and Wayne dropped it back in the 3rd. They should've run something more conservative, as that series completely shifted the momentum. It's tough to win when you're missing your starting flanker, slot receiver, and LT and your WRs are dropping passes left and right, but the Pats also got screwed on several calls from the refs (the PI call on Hobbs in the 2nd quarter was absolute BS), so I'd say it was an approximately even playing field. The Pats made the necessary adjustments on defense in the 2nd half. The Colts didn't adjust to them offensively.

I'm just glad that this was only a regular-season game and I look forward to the playoff rematch.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to really try and not sound like a homer, but how on earth can you call that a choke? I won't make excuses; the patriots beat us fair and square. And I will also admit that there were some bad calls in the game, on both sides. But the Colts were winning, and not buy just a point or two, for almost the entire 2nd half. They were a good drive away from possibly winning. They were playing without their #1 and #3 WR. In the end they just didn't have enough. There was no choke there.

Up 10 with 7 minutes to go? And lose? That, my friend, is a choke.

I wanted the Colts to win, but they played tight in the 4th quarter. Plain and simple...

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Irish, methinks you can't discern the difference between discussing questionable calls and blaming the officials.

Oh, so, you have been simply discussing questionable calls for the last 2.5 years........... :D

I just think it's weak to have the refs making SO many calls. Let them play, I say.

I'm exhausted watching this game. :D

I hear ya Czar.....I don't think I used more than the front 4" of my couch the entire game.

BTW, great game by the Colts. :D Your D is much improved and super fast. Addai killed us for most of the game. Some key passes and turnovers got us back up. Much needed bye week coming up.

The bad news is that Pig Devilz, Ugly Tuna, Finger, & Forever In Debt to Moe Lewis will be out in full force this week............. :D

no, no, no man. my hat is off to the Colts. i can notice a Superbowl Champion when i see one.

its a shame these two teams cant play in the Superbowl. they'r the 2 best teams in the league.

and anyway, you said it best in your post before the one i quoted....the Patriots showed up most in the 4th.

on to a well deserved Bye week... 9-0! and home field advantage!!

:D

no, no, no man. my hat is off to the Colts. i can notice a Superbowl Champion when i see one.

its a shame these two teams cant play in the Superbowl. they'r the 2 best teams in the league.

and anyway, you said it best in your post before the one i quoted....the Patriots showed up most in the 4th.

on to a well deserved Bye week... 9-0! and home field advantage!!

piggy is that you :D

but seriously nice to see a bit of humility

piggy is that you :D

but seriously nice to see a bit of humility

yeh man, its me. thers no SmacK needed for this game...great f'n game!

tonyr0820 made the comment i credited menudo with...but menudo made a good post back there too....

i'm just glad (put lightly) that the Pats won...otherwise i'd be beyond bummed!

Rodney Harrison was awesome today. I thought he was the player of the game. Tom Moore needs to be asked why they went away from the run.

I'll agree that Harrison was great. I also thought Jarvis Green played well. It was good to see Seymour in there making plays too.

Indy and NE are clearly the 2 best teams in the league. it was a great game. Someone had to lose, and luckily for NE fans, the Pats made a play or two more than Indy in the 4th quarter.

Looking forward to a rematch down the road sometime.

Edited by Bring Back Pat!!!

I'll agree that Harrison was great. I also thought Jarvis Green played well. It was good to see Seymour in there making plays too.

Indy and NE are clearly the 2 best teams in the league. it was a great game. Someone had to lose, and luckily for NE fans, the Pats made a play or two more than Indy in the 4th quarter.

Looking forward to a rematch down the road sometime.

It sure was. Congratulations to the Pats and their fans. Nice game.

just a little somthing to think about...

besides the huge TD by Faulk, who made the biggest plays down the strecth?

Stallworth, Moss and Welker....a few guys the Patriots picked up in the off season....

if only they had them for the Championship game last year. who knows.....

And Rodney was clearly playing hurt but stayed in. Gutty performance. :D

Man, what a game. My wife had to hit me with the defibrillator about a dozen times. Pats didn't play their best game by a longshot, looked downright flustered for most of three-plus quarters (a credit to Indy's buzzsaw of a pass rush), but found a groove when it counted. I don't think Indy nearly played its A-game either outside of Addai, both Brady and Peyton made some ?able decisions. Peyton made some textbook "no other QB on earth but Manning could have put the ball there" throws. Pats had some sketchy play calls (I own Maroney and even I was screaming "Enough of the f'n draws!"). Both teams got hosed on some bad calls/non-calls. Overall just a weird game....even though the score was low by Pats-Colts standards, it still felt like a back and forth slugfest worthy of a 51-48 final. Maybe it just had the same tension as that type of game? :D I dunno. It wasn't a pretty win overall but against that team, in that enrivonment, I'd take a 2-0 win on a safety.

Great game, Colts fans. May this just be a prelude to the AFC title game... [fingerscrossed/]

heck of a game. I have not had time to read this thread, but will get around to it later.

Wanted to say that my hat is off to the Pats. They were the better team today.

Colts had a pass rush early, but the Pats had it late, when it mattered. That was the biggest difference, IMO.

Hopefully we can win the one that means more, unfortunately, it'll probably be in New England this time. :D

Um, they didn't. If you would've watched the 2nd half more closely, you would've noticed the Pats Front 7 stuffing Addai.

Huh? If you would have watched more closely you would have saw that the only touchdown the Colts had in the 2nd half came when Addai took them from New England's 20 to the 6 on three straight runs. The Pats front 7 did play a lot better in the 2nd half but it would be hard to play worse than they did in the first half.

heck of a game. I have not had time to read this thread, but will get around to it later.

Wanted to say that my hat is off to the Pats. They were the better team today.

Colts had a pass rush early, but the Pats had it late, when it mattered. That was the biggest difference, IMO.

Hopefully we can win the one that means more, unfortunately, it'll probably be in New England this time. :D

If it is (and most likely it will be) Pray for snow and cold as I think the Colts have a better running game and may be better siuted for a cold weather game. Both Def are physical but Indy seemed more physical on Off which would bode well in bad weather.

I thought the Colts should have ran the ball more in the second half as well. Charlie Johnson is a much better run-blocker than pass protector. Harrison and Gonzo were out. It just made sense to run more. And they went away from it at times.

I thought the Colts should have ran the ball more in the second half as well. Charlie Johnson is a much better run-blocker than pass protector. Harrison and Gonzo were out. It just made sense to run more. And they went away from it at times.

and i thought the pats should have run it more early...maroney actually looked solid early on (5YPC) but then the game dictated more faulk, passing, etc. but i'm actually feeling positive about him heading into home stretch, aside from the fact that he seems to always, ALWAYS take a handoff, then take one jump-step, plant both feet and THEN start running. :D if he just ran using normal forward momentum and hit the line he'd be deadly, IMO.

The Patriots won? Oh, that's a shame.

You know what's reallly a shame? When someone drops a giant amount of cash at Bookmaker.com to push the Pats down to Pats -4...and then you buy a point and bet the Patriots -3.

"Evil" wins. And covers. Awesome.

Huh? If you would have watched more closely you would have saw that the only touchdown the Colts had in the 2nd half came when Addai took them from New England's 20 to the 6 on three straight runs. The Pats front 7 did play a lot better in the 2nd half but it would be hard to play worse than they did in the first half.

And the Pats shut down Addai after that. If you go back and look at the play-by-play, it's very clear that Moore did not abandon the run. The Pats just did a much better job of stuffing it, especially in the fourth quarter. At times, the Colts were also forced to throw more ofte in the 2nd half because of 3rd and long situations. That happened a lot more then than earlier in the game.

Edited by Bill Swerski

If it is (and most likely it will be) Pray for snow and cold as I think the Colts have a better running game and may be better siuted for a cold weather game. Both Def are physical but Indy seemed more physical on Off which would bode well in bad weather.

A dome team praying for snow? Really?