[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else think Holmgren benches Alexander for Morris?

NYCDOG

I actually own SA but have benched him for AP, KJ and Portis. I can't imagine Holmgren keeps SA as the starter while Morris has clearly outplayed him (I don't own Morris) and Seattle is now 4-4. I know SA hurt his knee but he wasn't doing well before that.

SA is an absolute disgrace.

Morris looked allot better last night. I don't know how many more chances they can give to Alexander before it's just time to give up on him. But I thought using Morris on 4th and 1 in OT was a pretty bad idea. Would have used Alexander or Weaver there. Why use your smallest running back for a critical short-yardage run? :D

I really don't know what they're waiting for?!? I thought SA was done last year and couldn't believe that signed him back to that big contract when they did. Morris and Weaver should be getting more time and SA becomes a wall flower. Now to figure out who the better replacement is?

I really don't know what they're waiting for?!? I thought SA was done last year and couldn't believe that signed him back to that big contract when they did. Morris and Weaver should be getting more time and SA becomes a wall flower. Now to figure out who the better replacement is?

I foresee a season of 1,359 rushing yds, 14 tds and 20 rec. 136 yds and 1 td. So I guess a little better because of the tds.

:D:D

Granted my prediction was wrong but I was not high on SA at all and made comments in regard to that as well. WTH is going on with people quoting my predictions from the preseason as if I was the only one off my rocker in regard to players. I figured that if Seattle was going to continue giving him the opportunity, in that offense, with their schedule, he could post those stats. I like you TID but this is being a bit silly!!

eta: Right now he's on pass for just under 1,000 yards (984) 4 tds 24 rec. 112 yards. And with a decent schedule coming up, if he continues to play, he certainly could reach the rushing yards, is already just about at the receiving totals, however, he just hasn't put up the tds. Sky brings up a great point in that the wrist has really impacted how effective a runner he can be. Plus I just question what's left in the tank.

Edited by irish

I thought Morris proved last year that he is not an every down back. :D

While that is mostly true... he has proven that a healthy Morris is a lot better play than an unhealthy Alexander. Until Alexander gets the wrist mended he will not run like everyone is expecting him to. He shouldn't be out there.....but they have too much money invested in him and can't see the forest for the trees.

Mo doesn't have to be an every down back, just a "most of the time" back. Shaun can back his way through the middle for 15 yards on 12 carries, but Mo needs to get 15 carries as well. Use Mo for the draws, outside runs, quick hitters and the passing game, let Shaun get beat up when we need to front like we arent' afraid to run up the middle.

i has to do with you touting yourself as a great prognosticator, when reality supports that you are making it up as you go.

:D Uh...isn't that what we all do? Make guesses/projections (making it up as we go), based on past performances, current schedules, changes around the specific player/s, etc. Cause who really knows what's going to happen? Seriously on the whole I've made some pretty nice calls this season, along with some bad ones as well (most of those were in the summer projecting for the season). The questionable calls that continue being brought up were projections made during the summer, pre-injury, and all other scenerios that have played out. I think we can basically call out anyone we wanted to based on bad calls. Give it a rest Bier, this schtick is getting old. :D (just felt like changing it up)

making it up as you go= making statements in week 9 that are vastly different from your preseason projections. you saying now that "i though he was done" but projecting 1300/14 is quite a stretch.

no one is going to have perfect projections. there is always going to be over and under acheivers with regard to rankings and projections. a problem you present is that you have a nesty tendancy to ignore your original thoughts on players and promote your current thoughts as being pre-established...... this is another area that brings down your credibility. as for "giving it a rest," i'll have to decline that suggestion... i will continue to give you brutally honest responses and maybe someday you'll get it.

:D

edit: and to be honest, i think i've ben pretty diplomatic and have shown a lot of patience

Edited by Bier Meister

I think Holmgren either cuts down Alexander's carries or benches him entirely; saving face by going to the "we need to get him completely healthy" card.

After the MVP season, I really hoped that he could dodge the 370+ carry bogeyman; but just like Terrell Davis, Jamal Anderson, and Eddie George, you can't escape it. The guy never missed a game in his career until 2006. and now he's making up for lost time. It is true that workhorse runners like Alexander burnout rather than fade away, and he may be burning out right in front of our eyes.

Alexander does need to get healthy and back on the field this year, though. The Seahawks need to take the last half of the season and figure out if their stagnant running attack is from the O-Line changeover, or if Shaun's number really is up.

If they determine that the line is the problem, a top lineman becomes a priority in next year's draft. If the film shows Alexander is finished as a top-flight runner, then RB moves to the top of the list. In either case, I'd say Seattle needs to draft SA's replacement in the next couple of years.

Edited by FordFairlane

making it up as you go= making statements in week 9 that are vastly different from your preseason projections. you saying now that "i though he was done" but projecting 1300/14 is quite a stretch.

no one is going to have perfect projections. there is always going to be over and under acheivers with regard to rankings and projections. a problem you present is that you have a nesty tendancy to ignore your original thoughts on players and promote your current thoughts as being pre-established...... this is another area that brings down your credibility. as for "giving it a rest," i'll have to decline that suggestion... i will continue to give you brutally honest responses and maybe someday you'll get it.

edit: and to be honest, i think i've ben pretty diplomatic and have shown a lot of patience

Fair and true enough Bier, as you haven't been like some others, (completely about bashing) instead voicing your opinions and opposing views. I respect that. In this instance, I tend to view what I've said in the preseason and what I've said recently as making adjustments in my outlook for a specific player based on things that have changed. Going into the season, as much as I didn't like SA, I thought that with his schedule, coaching, and the offense around him that it was conceiveable that he could produce the stats I mentioned in that preseason thread. However, since then he's gotten nothing but banged up and is obviously not the same RB now. Therefore, obviously those projections, based on what's taken place, are out the window and I would not continue believing that he could perform well with his current problems. And if he turns things around and does well, I'll be wrong yet again. Oh well, that's the reality of fantasy football.

I will admit though that maybe my biggest problem is the fact that I point out when I've made a good call here or there, when in fact what does it really matter (albeit I'm not the only one, but I am Irish). All it does in the end is give people a bad taste in their mouth and make them want to point out when I make a bad call, any chance they get.

Thanks for being diplomatic and patient in the past Bier. :D

Granted my prediction was wrong but I was not high on SA at all and made comments in regard to that as well. WTH is going on with people quoting my predictions from the preseason as if I was the only one off my rocker in regard to players.

probably has something to do with you being a bald-faced liar about it. blowing smoke up your own ass about how you knew TJ housh would outperform chad, about how you knew last year alexander was done. it's annoying enough to keep tooting your own horn in that respect, but it's even more pathetic when you are just flat out lying to do so.

probably has something to do with you being a bald-faced liar about it. blowing smoke up your own ass about how you knew TJ housh would outperform chad, about how you knew last year alexander was done. it's annoying enough to keep tooting your own horn in that respect, but it's even more pathetic when you are just flat out lying to do so.

see.....

i said the same thing, but was more diplomatic. :D

Fair and true enough Bier, as you haven't been like some others, (completely about bashing) instead voicing your opinions and opposing views. I respect that. In this instance, I tend to view what I've said in the preseason and what I've said recently as making adjustments in my outlook for a specific player based on things that have changed. Going into the season, as much as I didn't like SA, I thought that with his schedule, coaching, and the offense around him that it was conceiveable that he could produce the stats I mentioned in that preseason thread. However, since then he's gotten nothing but banged up and is obviously not the same RB now. Therefore, obviously those projections, based on what's taken place, are out the window and I would not continue believing that he could perform well with his current problems. And if he turns things around and does well, I'll be wrong yet again. Oh well, that's the reality of fantasy football.

right, so say "shaun alexander has shown this year that he sucks, and he probably won't do much the rest of the season". don't say "i knew he was done", because that is obviously a lie.

I will admit though that maybe my biggest problem is the fact that I point out when I've made a good call here or there, when in fact what does it really matter (albeit I'm not the only one, but I am Irish). All it does in the end is give people a bad taste in their mouth and make them want to point out when I make a bad call, any chance they get.

no, your problem is that you are a liar. nobody is calling you on being wrong about any particular player, they are calling you on blowing smoke up your own ass about being right about a particular player, when you actually couldn't have been more wrong. there is a pretty big difference. :D