[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darren McFadden

KC Crazy

Hmmm, some posts that were here last night are no longer here.

Apparently one of our more thick-witted site writers saw something he didn't like very much and deleted it. Classy.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, some posts that were here last night are no longer here.

Apparently one of our more thick-witted site writers saw something he didn't like very much and deleted it. Classy.

Yep he deleted mine. I guess he is cool with "him" calling people Megan Fox and dumbass but when someone makes a post about wrecking a car or having a sweet haircut the sissy pants come on. And to think my post was just a joke.

IIRC, only Big John, Skippy, DMD, WW, and Carl have mod access here.

My bad. I figured since Sarge was a prominent and respected guy on the main page, he had the ability to delete stuff critical of him.

I wouldn't waste my pick on someone that comes from an college option offense (which is pretty much what Arkansas runs).

Right on. I mean, what did Ahman Green or Ladanian Tomlinson ever do, anyway?

Does McFadden remind anyone of Peterson? They both seem big, fast, and run basically upright. They just seem very similar to me.

McFadden is 6-2, 205. I dont undewrstand why people think he is so big. I mean, when he goes pro, Im sure he will beef up some, but how come McFadden is getting so much hype at 205 when (I think) Reggie Bush was 205, only shorter.

Im not being a smartass, Im actually curious of peoples answers.

McFadden is 6-2, 205. I dont undewrstand why people think he is so big. I mean, when he goes pro, Im sure he will beef up some, but how come McFadden is getting so much hype at 205 when (I think) Reggie Bush was 205, only shorter.

He's not very big. I've seen him listed at 215 but that's not a huge difference. If he adds 10 lbs as a pro which is almost nothing at his age, he'll be at an ideal size.

Difference between Bush and McFadden is that McFadden plays "big" in college. He carries the ball more and plays between the hash marks more than Bush ever did in college.

And about it being a gimmicky offense... any SEC RB that's on pace for 6 ypc, 4400 rush yds in 3 years, 41 TDs is a good bet as probably becoming a very good pro. These are top all-time SEC rushing numbers up there with Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson.

Edited by kingfish247

Most of McFadden's big runs are when he is lined up at QB. That should concern you.

Most of McFadden's big runs are when he is lined up at QB. That should concern you.

:D

Most of McFadden's runs are when he is lined up at QB. Why would it surprise anyone then that most of his big runs come when he is lined up at QB?

Anyways, this doesn't mean he can't take a handoff and use his speed, vision, and moves to make 20 succesful rush attempts per game in the NFL. McFadden has skills. He's no sure thing, but what draftee is.

Sorry Euphy but you are wrong on this one. Arkansas has not used the Wildhog formation nearly as much this season as last. I can actually give you the stats from this year's first 6 games. These are how many times he lined up in the Wildhog formation and what the yardage was.

Troy=5 for 48

Alabama=7 for 21

Kentucky=8 for 81

North texas=1 for 12

Chattanooga=1 for -15 (fumbled snap)

Auburn=4 for 20

Towards the end of last season they were running it double digits in this formation. He still makes plenty of good plays out of it but this season most of his big runs have come from him at RB.

And how good was Ahman in his first year?

Are we debating how option RBs perform in the NFL in their first year, or overall?

Ahman Green proved himself to be a first-round level talent; no, he didn't win rookie of the year. Your point?

Are we debating how option RBs perform in the NFL in their first year, or overall?

Ahman Green proved himself to be a first-round level talent; no, he didn't win rookie of the year. Your point?

Yeah I have no idea where he was going with this. Green hardly played his first two years. Although he did average 6 yards a carry his rookie season.

And how good was Ahman in his first year? He's no LT.

Yeah I have no idea where he was going with this. Green hardly played his first two years. Although he did average 6 yards a carry his rookie season.

I was about to point out the same thing. Ahman is no LT by any means, but his only downfall really has been the constant injuries and the early fumblitis. Otherwise he was a pretty productive RB.