[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FYI, why Brady was griping at end

msaint

Brady on WEEI right now. The hosts asked him what got him so riled up at the end while they were taking a knee to close it out...he said that the Indy defensive players were simulating the snap count (illegal) on each of the kneel-down plays and the refs were letting it happen. I was wondering why he was going apesh*t when the game was in hand.

+1

Hmm, let me see. You thumb your nose at the league. So why should you be surprised when they don't get your back?

How off base can you get.

Let me get this straight.....you cry when they "run up the score"

Then when they take a knee "like they are supposed to:, and the other team is doing something illegal, and complaining about it is crying?

:D

It's official. Bitterness at and jealousy of the franchise is all that motivates opinions like this.

How off base can you get.

Let me get this straight.....you cry when they "run up the score"

Then when they take a knee "like they are supposed to:, and the other team is doing something illegal, and complaining about it is crying?

:D

It's official. Bitterness at and jealousy of the franchise is all that motivates opinions like this.

I understand your logic... well sort of. However, if someone acts the jerk, is everyone supposed to be completely cool to them the second they stop? Wouldn't it seem sort of like weak sauce if that same jerk was to start complaining? "Wait a minute, I wasn't a jerk this time! Why isn't everyone being nice to me?"

I understand your logic... well sort of. However, if someone acts the jerk, is everyone supposed to be completely cool to them the second they stop? Wouldn't it seem sort of like weak sauce if that same jerk was to start complaining? "Wait a minute, I wasn't a jerk this time! Why isn't everyone being nice to me?"

No, it's up to the officiating crew to do their job. Something that they seemed to have issues with yesterday.

No, it's up to the officiating crew to do their job. Something that they seemed to have issues with yesterday.

I didn't get to watch the game.....I had to go to a wedding. :D

Anyhoo, last night the local radio postgame show was going bonkers on how bad the officiating was yesterday. The 2 calls in particular they were talking about were the 2 pass interference penalties.

I did happen to see the interference penalty on Samuel. It looked like a legit penalty to me. I dunno about the other one, I didn't see it.

I wonder what any folks that don't have an agenda one way or the other thought about this (that's no Pats homers, no Colts homers, and no haters :D )

Brady on WEEI right now. The hosts asked him what got him so riled up at the end while they were taking a knee to close it out...he said that the Indy defensive players were simulating the snap count (illegal) on each of the kneel-down plays and the refs were letting it happen. I was wondering why he was going apesh*t when the game was in hand.

Typical Indy. Those Cheaters...

Agreed...if that was the case than Brady has a legitimate gripe. It's not just about this one game...if these two teams meet again the stakes are higher.

Anyhoo, last night the local radio postgame show was going bonkers on how bad the officiating was yesterday. The 2 calls in particular they were talking about were the 2 pass interference penalties.

I did happen to see the interference penalty on Samuel. It looked like a legit penalty to me. I dunno about the other one, I didn't see it.

I wonder what any folks that don't have an agenda one way or the other thought about this (that's no Pats homers, no Colts homers, and no haters :D )

I'm not sure there is such a thing Nick. :wacko:

Think about how many rule changes have been put in place after NE got the benefit of the doubt or flat out cheated. Tuck rule, "No really, you can't hold WRs" rule, the whole taping scandal. Each time, perhaps the tuck rule excluded, NE has acted like the victim despite being guilty and the chip on their shoulder has gotten bigger and bigger. Nothing annoys people more than someone shown to be guilty acting the victim. In the eyes of pretty much anyone outside of NE, they've gone from being what is right with sports to, well, not so much.

Now, how many times have we cheered in movies when cops/principle/etc turn their back while the a-hole (the dude always played by William Zabka) gets his due. Movies, football, it's all entertainment in my book.

Was it the official's jobs to call that penalty? Well, if in fact, it was happening? Certainly. However, my father taught me that if you are always skirting the line between right and wrong, don't expect to ever get the benefit of the doubt. I basically see this as the exact same thing.

Edit to add: You can include me among those who used to root for NE but has since soured on them. I was stoked to see them beat St. Louis in the SB and, frankly didn't hate on them vs the Panthers even though I'm living in Carolina. I wasn't rooting for them in that game mind you, but not vehemently.

I also don't tend to hate dynasties. I've never liked the Cowboys but that was mostly due the fact I was a Niner fan and those two were bitter rivals when I started seriously watching football.

Edited by detlef

I didn't see the call on Samuel, but I thought the PI on Moss was a little bit ticky-tacky. Looked like the Colts defender had has arm and he was trying to get him off. Probably should have just let them play on that one.

Has going apeshlt on a ref ever gotten a pentalty called? Just shows how much of a entitled pansy Brady is. I cant wait for this season to be over. The Pats fans are ruining it for me.

Speaking of entitled pansies, at least he didn't bitch to the league to get a rule enforcement change.

Edited by Crazysight

Think about how many rule changes have been put in place after NE got the benefit of the doubt or flat out cheated. Tuck rule, "No really, you can't hold WRs" rule, the whole taping scandal. Each time, perhaps the tuck rule excluded, NE has acted like the victim despite being guilty and the chip on their shoulder has gotten bigger and bigger. Nothing annoys people more than someone shown to be guilty acting the victim. In the eyes of pretty much anyone outside of NE, they've gone from being what is right with sports to, well, not so much.

Now, how many times have we cheered in movies when cops/principle/etc turn their back while the a-hole (the dude always played by William Zabka) gets his due. Movies, football, it's all entertainment in my book.

Was it the official's jobs to call that penalty? Well, if in fact, it was happening? Certainly. However, my father taught me that if you are always skirting the line between right and wrong, don't expect to ever get the benefit of the doubt. I basically see this as the exact same thing.

Yeah, what a shocker that you don't get some calls after your HC gives a massive middle finger to the NFL. :D

I didn't see Brady going ballistic at the end, as I left the room right when they took a knee. I can't say I'm surprised that the refs failed to call it, though, as they seemed to have it in for the Pats. I realize that the Pats were a bit rusty, but not 140-some yards in penalties rusty. That PI call on Hobbs in the 2nd quarter was complete BS. There were a couple others as well (IIRC, an offensive PI on Moss) that were really questionable. I wasn't complaining about this for obvious reasons and I obviously don't want the officiating to be biased against any team... but that's not how things work in the real world. I would hope that Belichick tones down his act and that this blows over before the playoffs, but I'm not holding my breath.

I didn't see the call on Samuel, but I thought the PI on Moss was a little bit ticky-tacky. Looked like the Colts defender had has arm and he was trying to get him off. Probably should have just let them play on that one.

Moss call was weak, as was the non-call when Faulk was blatantly held on that one pass across the middle. But the call that's getting the most scrutiny was the Hobbs PI call...he played Wayne perfectly, had great position, both had an equal shot at the ball, and Wayne even mugged him, yet Hobbs got the PI call against him. Overall, the Pats got the most bad calls against them, but the refs also missed a pretty bad hold on the big Stallworth pass late in the game, so both teams should be a little miffed with this incompetent crew. And if we Pats fans should be concerned with anything, it's not the high school refs -- why the league chose a FIRST YEAR head guy (John Parry, an 8-year vet/side judge but first-year ref) & this subpar crew in a game of such magnitude vs. an Ed Hoculi or a more experienced ref/crew is beyond me -- it's the terrible tackling and how much Addai shredded them. Our run defense is quite worrisome right now.

they've gone from being what is right with sports to, well, not so much..

There's nothing right about sports to begin with. It's entertainment for the masses, and that's all it is. If there was something right about it these guys wouldn't all be filthy rich beyond our imaginations, athletic types wouldn't be pampered and given special treatment from the crib onward, and high schools would celebrate higher exam scores rather than what the hometeam team did on Friday night. And we wouldn't see so many of these so-called "professionals" involved in high-level crimes or knocking up one woman after another either. If you really want there to be rightfullness in sports, stop investing your time, money and attention to such things in the first place.

Edited by Crazysight

Moss call was weak, as was the non-call when Faulk was blatantly held on that one pass across the middle. But the call that's getting the most scrutiny was the Hobbs PI call...he played Wayne perfectly, had great position, both had an equal shot at the ball, and Wayne even mugged him, yet Hobbs got the PI call against him. Overall, the Pats got the most bad calls against them, but the refs also missed a pretty bad hold on the big Stallworth pass late in the game, so both teams should be a little miffed with this incompetent crew. And if we Pats fans should be concerned with anything, it's not the high school refs -- why the league chose a FIRST YEAR head guy (John Parry, an 8-year vet/side judge but first-year ref) & this subpar crew in a game of such magnitude vs. an Ed Hoculi or a more experienced ref/crew is beyond me -- it's the terrible tackling and how much Addai shredded them. Our run defense is quite worrisome right now.

You speak the truth here. This game should have warranted the best and most experienced officiating crew, not on of the newest.

And I also agree on the Pats D letting Addai carve them up like that, especially on the TD near the end of the first half. Simply unexcusable.

Yeah, what a shocker that you don't get some calls after your HC gives a massive middle finger to the NFL. :D

I didn't see Brady going ballistic at the end, as I left the room right when they took a knee. I can't say I'm surprised that the refs failed to call it, though, as they seemed to have it in for the Pats. I realize that the Pats were a bit rusty, but not 140-some yards in penalties rusty. That PI call on Hobbs in the 2nd quarter was complete BS. There were a couple others as well (IIRC, an offensive PI on Moss) that were really questionable. I wasn't complaining about this for obvious reasons and I obviously don't want the officiating to be biased against any team... but that's not how things work in the real world. I would hope that Belichick tones down his act and that this blows over before the playoffs, but I'm not holding my breath.

If it's true that the officials somehow allowed anything other than impartial judgement to be present on the field, then that is really a problem. I'm certainly not going to throw a tantrum over it, but regardless of the game or the circumstances the integrity of the officiating is something that should concern any and every fan.

There's nothing right about sports to begin with. It's entertainment for the masses, and that's all it is. If there was something right about it these guys wouldn't all be filthy rich beyond our imaginations, athletic types wouldn't be pampered and given special treatment from the crib onward, and highschools would celebrate higher exam scores rather than what the hometeam team did on Friday night. If you really want there to be rightfullness in sports, stop investing your time, money and attention to such things in the first place.

wurd.

I actually don't give myself many more years of giving a crap. I end up here because I like the banter. I quit FF a few years ago because I was annoyed at how much I cared about pointless things like how many FGs my kicker got and only rejoined my old league this year because I was talked into it during our HS reunion. However, I think I'm going to bail again after this year.

Everything you say is correct and, frankly, the only thing that saves pro sports is the fact that they don't ever pretend to be about anything besides money and the game. When the Rutgers professor recently blasted his school for completely selling out academically to become a power and admit "functional illiterates" into the school, then do nothing but train them physically, he was attacked by the administration as being a racist. What a load of crap.

Again, at the rate I'm going, I give it about 2-3 years before I completely stop caring about this at all.