[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts are Cheaters?

theeohiostate

..............and no better then the Pats?

No need for a video camera when you have some acoustics, eh?

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello says the league is looking into the possibility that false croid nose was pumped into the RCA Dome on Sunday.

Profootballtalk.com has the audio, and it sounds pretty convincing. The Colts could face a fine if it's found they were adding noise to the stadium.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More from Rotoworld

The NFL is investigating the Colts for allegedly piping in crowd noise for their game Sunday.

The Patriots wouldn't be the first team to accuse the Colts of this. The crowd noise sounded like it started to skip on CBS, and the league wants to know if it was just a television issue. The story may have legs considering observers at the game reportedly heard the problem, even if it ruins Greg Easterbrook's "Good vs. Evil II" column.

There was talk about them doing this last year. I can't imagine the Colts being stupid enough to this with everything that's been going on lately.

As there was talk of them playing with the climate controls in the dome during the playoff game when they saw the Pats were getting fatigued.

But....unless proof of activity comes out, I would reserve judgement.

That's funny. I remember watching the game and hearing the crowd noise sort of hiccup. It struck me as odd because nothing else seemed to be any different. I forget what was happening but the sound of the announcers was the same.

At the time, I didn't put it together.

"Girl you know it's...girl you know it's...girl you know it's"

I definitely noticed it when I was watching the game. At first I couldn't tell if it was the dome speakers skipping or a problem with the CBS crowd feed.

I was TiVo'ing the game and when I heard that skipping sound I noticed the crowd noise reduced once the skipping sound stopped. Since the game was being TiVo'ed I rewound the TV and the crowd noise definitely got very loud, began to skip, and then once the skipping stopped the crowd noise level had reduced dramatically.

My guess is that this is either.. A.) CBS trying to insert crowd noise onto TV sets to make the game appear louder/more intense than it actually was at the game, or.. B.) if this "skipping" sound was also heard at the Colts stadium, then I'd definitely say there was a fake crowd noise level introduced during the game.

My guess is that it was CBS simply trying to adjust the volume of the crowd noise on their own - only to have something f'k up in the process and start skipping. :D This could get interesting as new reports are released...

I also read about this earlier on another board and, like Caveman said, no way in HELL was I going to be the one to post it here first, as it would look like a typical Pats fan being a d*ckhead. :D But apparently it IS being seriously discussed/investigated by the NFL, and this is the YouTube link from that other thread..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQTcFQEMXo

Greg Aiello has confirmed that Jonathan Kraft approached NFL VP of Security postgame -- the SAME guy, ironically, who confiscated the infamous Jets videotape -- and said that the league needs to investigate the sound as well as the coach-to-QB communication system which was "useless" acc'd to BB, was down most of the day forcing the Pats to signal in calls virtually all day. Not sure if the Colts were forced to turn their coach-to-QB system off since the Pats' wasn't working, per league rules.

Man, I wish this could just be about two good teams playing a football game. All this cloak and dagger sh*t is getting tiresome.

Edited by msaint

and said that the league needs to investigate the sound as well as the coach-to-QB communication system which was "useless" acc'd to BB, was down most of the day forcing the Pats to signal in calls virtually all day.

You mean like how the Redskins' coach-to-QB system wasn't working at Foxboro last weekend? This is a disturbing trend.

While the Dome is loud, the sound feed that you hear on TV isn't always representative of reality, as it's coming out of multiple microphones stationed all around the stadium, and they're probably not all used at the same time. That said, I'd hate for Polian and Irsay to stoop to that level.

Man, I wish this could just be about two good teams playing a football game. All this cloak and dagger sh*t is getting tiresome.

Agreed.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I also read about this earlier on another board and, like Caveman said, no way in HELL was I going to be the one to post it here first, as it would look like a typical Pats fan being a d*ckhead. :D But apparently it IS being seriously discussed/investigated by the NFL, and this is the YouTube link from that other thread..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQTcFQEMXo

Here's another one that's pretty compelling.

My guess is that this is either.. A.) CBS trying to insert crowd noise onto TV sets to make the game appear louder/more intense than it actually was at the game, or.. .

I wouldn't be surprised to find out this is the case. CBS has admitted that they insert birds chirping in the background on their Masters telecast.

i heard it during the game and just watched the you tube video again....now to be honest i thought it was a screw up in the transmission and i still do....if you go and listen to the you tube video again you will notice it is all the crowd noise...if it was piped in noise wouldnt you still be able to hear some of the normal crowd along with the skipping :D i know that the announcer didnt skip but that is most likely a different audio source then the crowd you hear during a game

I don't know which would be worse, the Colts piping in the noise or CBS doing it. At least I could understand the Colts doing it. Chicanery such as this has been going on for a long time in the NFL. Anyone remember the Giants opening the cargo doors at Giants stadium when the opposing team was kicking just to increase the winds in the stadium? But if CBS did this, then they are just f'ing retarded. Just what are they tring to prove, that the games they broadcast are more intense than the ones on other channels? Are you kidding me?

:wacko:

:D +1. It was also Polian on the grassy knoll with a Russian-issue sniper's rifle.

That said, I think I and most Pats fans who've taken a beating on this board for being loyal to the very embodiment of all things Evil would :D our a$$es off if SoundGate does indeed prove true. Not saying it IS true -- could easily be a glitch with CBS sound or any number of things, and I'd have a hard time believing that Dungy/Peyton (being the stand-up guys that they are, and I mean that) would support winning games using tactics like this, if they even knew -- but there have been allegations in the past (Steelers complained about piped-in sound after their playoff game). So f we're being fair and balanced, which I know is difficult for some around here, I'll use the ol' party line that was spouted here early and often in the early stages of CameraGate:

"Where there's smoke, there's fire."

:D

Edited by msaint