[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts are Cheaters?

theeohiostate

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well superman had come to town to see who he could rock, he blew away every kid he faced until he reached our block, his speakers were three stories high (like the Colts) with woofers made of steel.............

:D Whomp, you lead me right into that.

Jam on It. Man, you just don't hear enough "Nucleus" on the radio these days :D

So do the Seahawks and Chiefs have an unfair homefield advantage as well? Even if their noise is 100% man-made, the end result is still the same. Should the NFL impose some sort of a decibel limit?

You can't even possibly relate the two

The NFL can't allow artificial intrusions to the game, that's like having the Pats blow in snow for their playoff games :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Much ado about nothing:

Link

Colts cleared of cheating against Patriots

Newsday has learned that the NFL's investigation into complaints from the Patriots that the Colts had illegally piped in crowd noise is over. It didn't take the league long to find out that the Colts were not at fault for a crowd noise issue.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts game was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL vice president Greg Aiello tells us. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

more...

Much ado about nothing:

Link

Colts cleared of cheating against Patriots

Newsday has learned that the NFL's investigation into complaints from the Patriots that the Colts had illegally piped in crowd noise is over. It didn't take the league long to find out that the Colts were not at fault for a crowd noise issue.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts game was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," NFL vice president Greg Aiello tells us. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

more...

So what about TOS's claims people inside the stadium heard the noise??? :D

So what about TOS's claims people inside the stadium heard the noise??? :D

I only quoted what what reported

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_exper...e?urn=nfl,52422

Observers at the game said there seemed to be a "skip" in the sound during the game Sunday, which the Patriots won 24-20. That might confirm the long-held suspicion among many people in the NFL that the Colts play loud crowd noise to help distract opponents when the other team is on offense.
Edited by theeohiostate

The NFL can't not allow artificial intrusions to the game, that's like having the Pats blow in snow for their playoff games :D

Agreed. It has no place in the game.

Remember a few years back before the QBs had the headsets in the helmets there were all the penalties home teams were getting because their crowds were too loud? That was natural noise (:D) and the league had to monitor it becasue of unfair advantages. They certainly aren't going to let teams use un-natural noises,

The NFL issued a statement Monday regarding artificial crowd nose that Jonathan Kraft, son of Patriots owner Bob Kraft, alleges was pumped into the RCA Dome during Sunday's New England-Indianapolis game.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts telecast was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," the statement from league spokesman Greg Aiello reads. Patriots coach Bill Belichick mentioned Monday that the team didn't have communication with Tom Brady during the game, which was a greater concern

Cover up and more controvery ??

Brady had no communications with the sidelines either

The NFL can't allow artificial intrusions to the game, that's like having the Pats blow in snow for their playoff games :D

Or like the Pats watering down their field during the week before a playoff game? Oh, wait, they already do that. :D

I agree that "piping in" artificial noise is wrong (not to mention pathetic and embarrassing). Just wanted to point out that it's a gray area, though. Crowd noise differs vastly around the league.

Any audio engineer with a half of brain will recognize that sound.

ARgh. ok ok ok FINE! How can I not respond to that statement? I went and listened to the questionable crowd noise.

I'm not buying super-Pats fan live sound engineers diagnosis entirely. It COULD be what he's saying, and live sound is not my bag. But what I'm not hearing at all is a reflection once the mics are dropped. If the mic'd sound was up that high, and what we were hearing was in the Dome when it dropped out, we should have heard the verb and reflections of the pumped in sound when it stopped. When the stuttering crowd noise stops in the PFT recording, there is no reflection sound afterwards. No "echo" or tail on the sound that is no longer there.

Also, I think the building mid freq that guy talks about should be more predominate. Feedback loops are normally much more extreme and don't produce as exact a repeat of what we're hearing. But, if this was a subtle level adjustment that pushed things over the edge, I could see it being that subtle I guess. Again, I'm not a live sound guy, could be something I'm not familiar with.

This sounds to me sounds more like a crowd noise sound file that was playing in software that crashed. Whether that was in the Dome or in the broadcast, dunno. I still think this was CBS ginking it up, and not an issue in the Dome. Were the reports from the Dome, from Pats fans??

My 2 cents as a guy in audio for a living.

UPDATE: @#%$#@^!@!!! BEHIND THE CURVE AGAIN!

Edited by Sturphy

:D +1. It was also Polian on the grassy knoll with a Russian-issue sniper's rifle.

I'd have a hard time believing that Dungy/Peyton (being the stand-up guys that they are, and I mean that) would support winning games using tactics like this, if they even knew

Whats funny is, we all know Brady and belicheat would stoop to this level. That is the difference between these 2 teams. that and the Colts are the SB Champs.

You suggesting I'm the biased source? Hey, I just saw this on another board and cut & pasted. (Plus, I write non-fiction, not fiction, and couldn't have created this engineer's tech-nerd take on stadium sound if you paid me.)

And Swesrki, nice touch with your "quote" button making it look like I]/i] was the one who said/wrote that stuff, as opposed to the writer of the thing I cut and pasted (i.e the alleged sound engineer). But if it allowed you to use those funny smilies :D :D I'm all for it...not sure if that's what you were intending, but well played.

No not at all, I was suggesting the story you linked was from a biased source. SInce the NFL has cleared the Colts of this I would think this is a dead issue now.

No not at all, I was suggesting the story you linked was from a biased source. SInce the NFL has cleared the Colts of this I would think this is a dead issue now.

I still think Polian was up to some sort of shenanigans and CBS (via Goodell's orders) is taking the fall a la Lee Harvey "patsy" Oswald. DAMMIT, SOMEONE GET ME OLVER STONE ALREADY!! :D:D

You suggesting I'm the biased source? Hey, I just saw this on another board and cut & pasted. (Plus, I write non-fiction, not fiction, and couldn't have created this engineer's tech-nerd take on stadium sound if you paid me.)

And Swesrki, nice touch with your "quote" button making it look like I]/i] was the one who said/wrote that stuff, as opposed to the writer of the thing I cut and pasted (i.e the alleged sound engineer). But if it allowed you to use those funny smilies :D :D I'm all for it...not sure if that's what you were intending, but well played.

Even the Indy fans are trying to cheat in this thread.

Aren't there like 200 cameras going during a football game? Not all have audio, but some do. Wouldn't it be quite simple to play one not belonging to CBS and see if it's there in the arena?