[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts are Cheaters?

theeohiostate

I know I didn't use the tongue-in-cheek gremlin when I originally posted my "theory". But I figured most were smart enough to comprehend. Guess not. :D

It's funny that the Colts can call 3 plays in the huddle, and still not have miscommunication, and still have time to do the amazing Brady double foot stomp too. . .

Don't trip while you backtrack. Mmmkay.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't trip while you backtrack. Mmmkay.

who is backtracking? My original post of my "theory" was directed at Caveman Nick throwing a hair-brained theory of the Colts using the climate controls to wear out the Patriots in the AFC Championship. Why are you so dense?

Edited by CaptainHook

who is backtracking? My original post of my "theory" was directed at Caveman Nick throwing a hair-brained theory of the Colts using the climate controls to wear out the Patriots in the AFC Championship. Why are you so dense?

Which wasn't the point of my post at all. Why are you so dense?

I mean, the Pats have already been caught trying to steal defensive signals. Surely they aren't so classless as to try and steal offensive plays as well. They certainly would draw the line there. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

Why didn't you want to post it? Because it was whining? But you were sure quick to ride in on the coat tails.

Sooooo, are you saying they played with the controls or not? Otherwise, why bring it up?

My post was not just in reply to you Nick, but the "temperature" theory is bull, and I would think you are smart enough to know better. I just singled you out because that "whining" was the most ridiculous. I agree there were a couple bad calls. But the crowd noise and all that other stuff is retarded. If I heard the crowd noise skipping like that, I'd be the first one to post about it. When forever in debt to mo lewis gets back home, hopefully he will chime in here. He was at the game as well, and we spoke about how great a game it was afterwards. No mention of bullcrap crowd noise cd's skipping.

yeah....i heard nothing of the sort...there were several occasions where i couldnt even hear myself think

and the people in our section were very nice and respectful afterwards...especially after their initial onslaught...thats a tough game to lose and it really sucks to have key guys out and lose like that...i know the feeling

i wouldnt knock tom though for his pouting...i heard peyton put on a little show of his own at his press conference..both of these guys work hard and are competitors...when things dont go right they are gonna get a little testy or snippy..thats just who they are

cant thank you and your family enough for taking me out and showing me a good time...hope to do it again sometime

Being in the Sound Reinforcement business for years, I will offer a possible explanation. POSSIBLE!

Feedback in a Stadium is hard to get rid of. If you have ever sat in the stadium when it opens and hear the Referees testing their microphone levels, then you might have heard the same thing. The feedback in stadiums from microphones can sound just like a CD skipping. Not the screaming feedback you hear in clubs. This is due to the hundreds of speakers throughout the stadium, and the spacing of the speakers.

That said, a Ref might have turned his microphone on accidently, and by the time the sound guy figured it out, a few seconds had gone by. Therefore you hear what sounds like a CD skipping. But the noise going into the Ref's microphone is the crowd noise.... So that is the feedback (or skipping sound) you hear...

And as feedback happens, it gets louder, and louder. So when the Ref's microphone was turned off, you hear less of a crowd noise.

Again, this is just a possible explanation, but extremely possible.

I watched the game and heard it too, and I think this is what could have happened. My first reaction was feedback and the damn soundguy needs to turn the Refs mic off...

There you go. Lets hope it wasn't cheating. Thats another black eye on the NFL.

To stoke the fires a bit, a photojournalist claimed that he asked a security guard about the crowd noise and the security guard admitted that the Colts pipe it in.

http://wbztv.com/local/local_story_310083445.html

Take the above link and story with a grain of salt however as I believe the guy works for a Boston TV station.

In my opinion, I think if this were true I think the league would sweep it under the rug. To have two top teams in the NFL to both be caught for cheating in the same year would be a huge PR hit. I am not saying they pipe in noise, just that the league would consider covering it up if they did.

For all the posters out here calling PATS fans babies for calling the COLTS cheaters, please keep in mind PATS fans were villified for the camera issue so this is vindication, however small, for the theory that everyone cheats.

To stoke the fires a bit, a photojournalist claimed that he asked a security guard about the crowd noise and the security guard admitted that the Colts pipe it in.

http://wbztv.com/local/local_story_310083445.html

Take the above link and story with a grain of salt however as I believe the guy works for a Boston TV station.

In my opinion, I think if this were true I think the league would sweep it under the rug. To have two top teams in the NFL to both be caught for cheating in the same year would be a huge PR hit. I am not saying they pipe in noise, just that the league would consider covering it up if they did.

For all the posters out here calling PATS fans babies for calling the COLTS cheaters, please keep in mind PATS fans were villified for the camera issue so this is vindication, however small, for the theory that everyone cheats.

Yeah, that's not what I would call a credible source. LOL at the Colts security guard being dumb enough to tell a journalist that they cheat. :D

The Pats were PROVEN to be cheats. The Colts nor any other team has. That's not much vindication.

i don't think they added to the noise, it couldn't be heard on either radio broadcast...

but the fact that they have been accused at least twice in the past and now this time

they get investigated, definetly taints their image.

taints what image. They didnt steal signals, they didnt cheat. That was Belicheat. Those SB years are tainted, and as Shula says, so is this yr. Though I dont see them winning anything more than that sad sack division this yr.

The Pats were PROVEN to be cheats. The Colts nor any other team has. That's not much vindication.

I agree with you. But I can see why some PATS fans are railing about the COLTS now being cheats. Until the COLTS are punished for cheating it's a non issue to me. I only posted the article to mix things up a bit. Crowd noise should be a non-factor because coaches should be able to send the plays in using hand signals.

Sure, just like Manning has you believing he can aubile into one of a thousand plays he knows by memory.

Hey Only in America, let's not get into what you know and don't know about the Colts. Remember your little prediction after their winless pre-season a couple years back? You sure have been a lot less vocal since then. Not surprised you came out from under your rock after a Colts loss though.

taints what image. They didnt steal signals, they didnt cheat. That was Belicheat. Those SB years are tainted, and as Shula says, so is this yr. Though I dont see them winning anything more than that sad sack division this yr.

I don't get how the Pats getting caught with the camera in the first half of the Jets game results in all the SB years being tainted. :D

Edited by fballfreak