[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Bush

URLACHERisGOD

Kiffin has a Bush in the backfield again

Does anybody think that Bush will have much of an impact yet this year? I'm thinking of throwing out some trade offers to get him cheap in hopes of using him for the playoff run. Am I wasting my time? Surely he is better than Fargas, if healthy.

Anybody out there stashing him or trying to get him cheap?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the PUP list works, but I though they had until like week 6 to activate players off the PUP. And if they weren't activated, then they couldn't be the remainder of the season.

Sounds like they get to decide after Week 12 too. :D

They have from weeks 6 to 9 to decide whether or not to put him on the practice field. If they opt to do so, they then have up to 3 weeks to decide whether or not to activate him. If neither is done in the time frames, he is then put on IR.

The Raiders are maximizing the time window with him.

They have from weeks 6 to 9 to decide whether or not to put him on the practice field. If they opt to do so, they then have up to 3 weeks to decide whether or not to activate him. If neither is done in the time frames, he is then put on IR.

The Raiders are maximizing the time window with him.

As of last week he was practicing with the team.

– Michael Bush put on shoulder pads for the first time in a year and two months, getting a chance to run with the scout team. Bush said Kiffin greeted him the locker room and asked if he felt like practicing.

"Went out there and had some fun," Bush said. "I'm in my own little world out there. I was on scout team, but that's better than anything. I'll take it."

Kiffin said Bush got in lots of work and expects, expects that he will be sore Thursday and that the coaching staff will keep pushing him. Bush, he said, looked fluid for someone who hadn't worked in a team setting for more than a year.

"A lot of the stuff you don't lose," Kiffin said. "You have to touch it up with the new quarterbacks he’s working with but he’s a real natural athlete. He was a great player in high school that played all kinds of positions and could do anything."

– When Bush set foot on the field, it started a 21-day clock. If Bush is to be placed on the 53-man roster this year, he must be activated within those 21 days. If not, he will have to wait until next year.

Posted by Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer on Wednesday at 3:55 pm

Kiffin has a Bush in the backfield again

Does anybody think that Bush will have much of an impact yet this year? I'm thinking of throwing out some trade offers to get him cheap in hopes of using him for the playoff run. Am I wasting my time? Surely he is better than Fargas, if healthy.

Anybody out there stashing him or trying to get him cheap?

I picked him up cheap. Im in an auction based keeper league and got him for $1. If he ends up being a stud he will pay dividends for years to come. Seems a no brainer. If he doesnt pan out, no biggie. Im also hoping he becomes a contributor this season too. given that Jordan is hurt, Rhodes is finished and out of favor and Fargas will get injured by week 13 (he has never ever stayed healthy) I think Bush has a reasonably decent shot of contributing this year. Looks like the Raiders are going to activate him and if he is fit I would think they would want to start working him in.

I dont see any reason not to pick him up in a keeper or dynasty league. Huge upside for next season and worth a flier for this season.