[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patriots-Cowboys Super Bowl

keggerz

Who do you root for?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Evil wins anyway you slice it

• Pats
    • Boys
    • Puddy
    • Kill Me now

Pish. No one really cares about the Boys anymore other than Boys fans and Skins fans. Other than Roy "Hamstring-Popper" Williams and T.O. they just dont inspire the national hate like they used to. Hell, even Jerry Jones is in commercials these days. I think the closer comparison to the Yankees, image wise, would be the Pats. The Yankees get an inordinate ammount of good players on thier team by spending a ton of money. The Pats get an inordinate ammount of talented players on thier teams by convincing them that they will win a SB if they opt to play for less money for the Pats. Even though both are legal, both degrade the integrity and competition of the leagues. Both will eventually run thier course (I hope).

I would watch this superbowl but would not actively root for either team.

How does putting together the best team you can degrade the integrity of the league?

As far as the Yankees are concerned, it's pro freaking ball, why is it up to them to spend less? What degrades the competition of the league is greedy owners who roll out some cheap-ass excuse for a team and suck on the teat of shared revenues.

In terms of the Pats, if they can get guys to buy into their system and play for less, good for them. However, I don't really think that's the way it works, I think they're just really good at getting the most out of who they have. They don't have many hired guns who've taken pay-cuts to come play for them as far as I can see. Did they get Thomas for below market? Weren't Harrison and Seau sort of given up on by SD in a youth movement? They got Randy Moss for cheap because Oakland was tired of his act. It's not NE's fault that they were able to get him to fall in line and Oakland or Minn weren't.

Hate NE if you want, I sure do. But it has nothing to do with them getting more good players then they deserve and thus degrading the integrity of the game.

Closet Cowboy Fans ... its okay to come out of the closet now and admit you are fans of America's Team.

We've had this discussion before ... many times before..... and it always ends up the same.... you have your feelings hurt because you can't sway me to like your team even a teeny tiny bit. Why do you do this to yourself? Do you forget what you went through before?

I hated the cowpies before they were even a team....... :D

(I have to admit I did like White and Dandy Don.... they were excellent people and understood why I rooted against them every game.)