[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts should be pretty pleased

Sgt. Ryan

No Harrison, No Keiaho, and no A Gonzo the 2nd half of that game.

Take away Moss - Pats #1 WR, Vrabel Pats best OLB, and Stallworth - Pats #3 WR, and there is no way NE comes within 2 TDs of the Colts.

Lets just hope in January, both teams are at full strength, so we can see which team is actually better. And to think the Cold in NE if the game is played there may actually benefit the Colts running game, than whatever NE has running for them.

Clearly that is why Wayne dropped a possible TD catch.

I wouldnt be pleased if I were a Colts fan because they should have won that game (not could have but should have). I blaim the coaching being too conservative and/or Manning breaking under pressure.

Manning never takes that long to get rid of a ball and he wasnt himself causing 3 (I think 3) turnovers.

Edited by MrTed46

Take away Moss - Pats #1 WR, Vrabel Pats best OLB, and Stallworth - Pats #3 WR, and there is no way NE comes within 2 TDs of the Colts.

Lets just hope in January, both teams are at full strength, so we can see which team is actually better. And to think the Cold in NE if the game is played there may actually benefit the Colts running game, than whatever NE has running for them.

Also they were down to their 3rd string SLB(Boiman was playing for Hagler who was out injured too and Hagler has been playing in place of Rob Morris)

Edited by keggerz

Clearly that is why Wayne dropped a possible TD catch.

I wouldnt be pleased if I were a Colts fan because they should have won that game (not could have but should have). I blaim the coaching being too conservative and/or Manning breaking under pressure.

Manning never takes that long to get rid of a ball and he wasnt himself causing 3 (I think 3) turnovers.

The defender obviously blocked the view of the ball coming in on Wayne. And he may have been tackled right there, certainly no guarantee that was 6.

If Harrison is playing, the play calling isnt nearly as conservative.

My point is clearly, would NE have faired nearly as well without those playmakers removed from this game. I think not.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1

Who is that team ranked 8th in the NFL in rushing, just behind the Colts at #7. People need to find something new to lie to themselves about, I'm tired of hearing how NE can't run the ball. there isn't anything that Offense can't do and the stats prove it.

Edited by SuperCharger

The defender obviously blocked the view of the ball coming in on Wayne. And he may have been tackled right there, certainly no guarantee that was 6.

If Harrison is playing, the play calling isnt nearly as conservative.

My point is clearly, would NE have faired nearly as well without those playmakers removed from this game. I think not.

Yeah, because the Patriots have never beat the Colts before Moss, Stallworth and Welker. Never, you're right.

Who is that team ranked 8th in the NFL in rushing, just behind the Colts at #7. People need to find something new to lie to themselves about, I'm tired of hearing how NE can't run the ball. there isn't anything that Offense can't do and the stats prove it.

in years past the colts were much like the pats....their passing o set up their run(yeah edge was good)...this yr indy has a running game that isnt completely dependent on their passing game....the Pats on the other hand seem to need the pass to set up their run more so this year....I would think that any time a dome team plays outdoors its gonna be a difficult matchup for them but there is not denying the colts seem to be built a bit better to run in cold weather then the pats do

I'm no Patriots apologist, in fact I hate 'em, but I cannot imagine they're gonna' accumulate 150+ yards in penalties, or whatever it was, the next time the two cluibs meet either.

That game was there for the Colts on a silver platter and they blew it, nothing to be happy about.

in years past the colts were much like the pats....their passing o set up their run(yeah edge was good)...this yr indy has a running game that isnt completely dependent on their passing game....the Pats on the other hand seem to need the pass to set up their run more so this year....I would think that any time a dome team plays outdoors its gonna be a difficult matchup for them but there is not denying the colts seem to be built a bit better to run in cold weather then the pats do

I'd argue that cold and snowy conditions favor the Pats recievers and their quick passing attack. It's easier to turn and maneuver when you know which direction you're going togo, it'll be hard for both sides to cover these WRs. Also, Addai seems to be more of a lateral, bounce step and cut runner ala B. Sanders which could be tough in the snow.

NE cant run the ball. Period. They get the majority of their yards late, when the game is out of hand, and the opposing team has lost its will.

In both games that were close in the 4th quarter, Dallas and Indy. They were terrible to average.

Vs Dallas - 29 attempts - 75 yards

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2928...7&week=REG6

Vs Dallas - 29 attempts, and 105 yards - 19 of which came on Bradys longest scramble of his career, per yesterdays announcers.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2932...7&week=REG9

Yeah, because the Patriots have never beat the Colts before Moss, Stallworth and Welker. Never, you're right.

You are obviously as clueless as they come. Brady had chemistry with those other guys, as they played games together those seasons, Put in backups now with no PT with Brady, and this offense struggles. Any fool should understand this point. Well any fool, but obviously you.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I'd argue that cold and snowy conditions favor the Pats recievers and their quick passing attack. It's easier to turn and maneuver when you know which direction you're going togo, it'll be hard for both sides to cover these WRs. Also, Addai seems to be more of a lateral, bounce step and cut runner ala B. Sanders which could be tough in the snow.

And the Colts don't have this same type of passing attack? The Pat's passing game is great, they deserve the credit they receive, but it's killing me how much credit they do get. Does anyone else not see they've copied the Colts model? Go out and get yourselves a great slot guy, a clear #1 threat with a #2 capable of being a #1...hmmm who does that sound like :D

And the Colts don't have this same type of passing attack? The Pat's passing game is great, they deserve the credit they receive, but it's killing me how much credit they do get. Does anyone else not see they've copied the Colts model? Go out and get yourselves a great slot guy, a clear #1 threat with a #2 capable of being a #1...hmmm who does that sound like :D

I gave the Colts credit. My point is the passing game doesn't suffer as much as people make it out.

NE cant run the ball. Period. They get the majority of their yards late, when the game is out of hand, and the opposing team has lost its will.

In both games that were close in the 4th quarter, Dallas and Indy. They were terrible to average.

Vs Dallas - 29 attempts - 75 yards

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2928...7&week=REG6

Vs Dallas - 29 attempts, and 105 yards - 19 of which came on Bradys longest scramble of his career, per yesterdays announcers.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2932...7&week=REG9

You are obviously as clueless as they come. Brady had chemistry with those other guys, as they played games together those seasons, Put in backups now with no PT with Brady, and this offense struggles. Any fool should understand this point. Well any fool, but obviously you.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see that * that said the Pats can only run once they've demoralized their opponent through the air. I guess we should discount all the passing yards from teams that pound their opponent on the ground to setup the pass. Just because the Pats pass to setup the run doesn't make the yards count any less. Your hatred is blinding and you need to seek help.

I gave the Colts credit. My point is the passing game doesn't suffer as much as people make it out.

I'd argue you are wrong, but then I would have to explain the basics of football mechanics to you and that would take to much effort, so I will let you rethink this analysis.

Well, it took longer than I thought, but here come the excuse threads. :D

The Colt's homers have actually been pretty stand-up about the game. But I forgot about the blatant Pat's Haters. Every week there's a reason why whatever the Pat's do has to be lessened.

Real men give credit where credit is due. Last night was a great game between clearly the two best teams in the league. Someone had to win, and the Pat's made the plays when they needed to.

Ryan you are always looking for something first I believe you said that if Dallas didnt have all those Flags against them they would of beat the Pats but in this case the Patriots had well over 100 yards in penalty against them and still won just goes to show you that good teams can overcome penalty's and win.

Now you talk about NE lack of a running game (get a clue) going into Sundays game NE lead the league in rushing attempts and avg 4.2 ypc Indy avg 4.4 ypc and they did that with there first and second string back out a few games also the Pats play calling is something like 49% run and 51% pass which is very balanced now if you say well they get most of those runs at the end of the game then you blow everyone's theory that they keep passing and never run when the game is out of reach.

Also take away Brady's 3 kneel downs at the end of the game (which counts as a run) and that give NE 25 rushes for 105 yards for a 4.2 avg....... :Dmaybe the colts should be worried about running in the cold in NE because they only avg 3.8 ypc in this game in a dome at home

Edited by MikesMarauders

Ryan you are always looking for something first I believe you said that if Dallas didnt have all those Flags against them they would of beat the Pats but in this case the Patriots had well over 100 yards in penalty against them and still won just goes to show you that good teams can overcome penalty's and win.

Now you talk about NE lack of a running game (get a clue) going into Sundays game NE lead the league in rushing attempts and avg 4.2 ypc Indy avg 4.4 ypc and they did that with there first and second string back out a few games also the Pats play calling is something like 49% run and 51% pass which is very balanced now if you say well they get most of those runs at the end of the game then you blow everyone's theory that they keep passing and never run when the game is out of reach.

Also take away Brady's 3 kneel downs at the end of the game (which counts as a run) and that give NE 25 rushes for 105 yards for a 4.2 avg....... :D maybe the colts should be worried about running in the cold in NE because they only avg 3.8 ypc in this game in a dome at home

and take away bradys career long run of 19 and you are looking at 24 for 86 for a 3.58 avg :D

and with regards to this:

now if you say well they get most of those runs at the end of the game then you blow everyone's theory that they keep passing and never run when the game is out of reach.

people were not saying they passed 100% of the time but it was about the shots they were taking down field when the game was out of reach and the passing plays on 4th down and stuff like that.