[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts should be pretty pleased

Sgt. Ryan

Alot easier for Moss to run a straight go route then to have the corner turn and cover. It's common knowledge that slippery conditions are an advantage to the receiver and not the corner.

Who said anything about slippery conditions. We are talking cold here. But if you want to bring slippery conditions into it, neither the WR or CB run as fast, so the timing on the deep ball is not going to be there. Unless its just a jumpball, and the CB are back there on those anyway to knock them down.

Who said anything about slippery conditions. We are talking cold here. But if you want to bring slippery conditions into it, neither the WR or CB run as fast, so the timing on the deep ball is not going to be there. Unless its just a jumpball, and the CB are back there on those anyway to knock them down.

Having been born and raised in Upstate NY, I know that cold and slippery go hand in hand. If the ground is frozen then it's going to be slippery and if it comes to jump balls I think we know who the advantage goes to, Push Off Randy.

Edited by SuperCharger

Well, it took longer than I thought, but here come the excuse threads. :D

The Colt's homers have actually been pretty stand-up about the game. But I forgot about the blatant Pat's Haters. Every week there's a reason why whatever the Pat's do has to be lessened.

Real men give credit where credit is due. Last night was a great game between clearly the two best teams in the league. Someone had to win, and the Pat's made the plays when they needed to.

You tools actually think I care about the Pats win or lose. I call it like I see it, and the media wants to crown this damn team, and I dont see them making it to the SB, let alone winning it, so I provide reasons, and Im a hater. Get real. this Pats team is good no doubt, but the media is ridiculous and the Pats homers are worse than Spankee fans. Must be all the built up frustration of always being second fiddle, but whatever, that is the worst part of the Pats success. That and the fact they had to cheat in the past to win.

Having been born and raised in Upstate NY, I know that cold and slippery go hand in hand. If the ground is frozen then it's going to be slippery and if it comes to jump balls I think we know who the advantage goes to, Push Off Randy.

Funny, we play flag football in the snow, and there wasnt a single excuse of slippery conditions. But Im not a pro athlete, and dont need excuses.

Real men give credit where credit is due.

You rang?

I disagree that the Colts should be pleased. Gonzalez got stripped in the endzone, Peyton decided to throw a bomb on 3rd and 2 when they needed to sustain the drive and eat clock (which, amazingly, ended up being a perfect pass that Reggie dropped :D ), Moorehead dropped two passes and was ineffective, they couldn't run the ball in the 4th quarter, and the O-line couldn't protect Peyton when they needed to the most. And despite all of this, they had the lead for most of the game with some lights-out defensive play and the aid of some bad calls by the refs. Pleased, my ass.

The Colts dominated the first three quarters, but the Pats got it done in the end. They deserved to win. Having Charlie Johnson at LT and Moorehead at flanker for most of the game certainly hurt them, but they just didn't play well enough on offense... period.

It was an agonizing loss and I'm still pissed. :D

You rang?

I disagree that the Colts should be pleased. Gonzalez got stripped in the endzone, Peyton decided to throw a bomb on 3rd and 2 when they needed to sustain the drive and eat clock (which, amazingly, ended up being a perfect pass that Reggie dropped :D ), Moorehead dropped two passes and was ineffective, they couldn't run the ball in the 4th quarter, and the O-line couldn't protect Peyton when they needed to the most. And despite all of this, they had the lead for most of the game with some lights-out defensive play and the aid of some bad calls by the refs. Pleased, my ass.

The Colts dominated the first three quarters, but the Pats got it done in the end. They deserved to win. Having Charlie Johnson at LT and Moorehead at flanker for most of the game certainly hurt them, but they just didn't play well enough on offense... period.

It was an agonizing loss and I'm still pissed. :D

I agree it was a painful loss, but the Colts have to know if Harrison, Gonzo and Keiaho played, this would have been a different result, and this team is pretty loaded. I love Indy in the next match up.

Patriots had well over 100 yards in penalty against them

10/146 take away the 2 in red(PIs) and you still have 8/69 plus one that was declined...

that is not discipled football for a Pats team

PENALTY on NE-94-T.Warren, Neutral Zone Infraction, 5 yards,

PENALTY on NE-22-A.Samuel, Defensive Pass Interference, 37 yards, enforced at NE 46

PENALTY on NE-37-R.Harrison, Illegal Contact, 5 yards,

PENALTY on NE-27-E.Hobbs, Defensive Pass Interference, 40 yards, enforced at NE 46

Penalty on NE-88-K.Brady, Illegal Formation, declined.

PENALTY on NE-72-M.Light, Personal Foul, 15 yards, enforced at IND 23

PENALTY on NE-67-D.Koppen, Ineligible Downfield Pass, 5 yards

PENALTY on NE-23-W.Andrews, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 9 yards,

PENALTY on NE-72-M.Light, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards,

PENALTY on NE-81-R.Moss, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards,

ENALTY on NE-37-R.Harrison, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at IND 41

You rang?

It was an agonizing loss and I'm still pissed. :wacko:

I agree with what you said. And I also said that the Colts fans have all been stand up about it.

It's just the people that make up a new excuse every week as to why the Pats aren't as good as people say. First I heard the D was old and was over-rated, and that a real O, like the Bengals, would 'hang 45' on them. Well, that didn't work. After that game, it was, well, the Bengals just aren't as good as we thought they were. So then we moved on to the Cowboys, and when that was over, it was injuries and penalties, and if this, if that. So then it was, the Colts game. And now there are more excuses. If this guy was healthy, and if this pass was completed, and if, if, if.

It just gets tiresome. And on top of that, to say they call the games like they see them? :D

And I've never once come on here and rub a win in anyone's face, or make an excuse for a Pat's loss. But all the excuses I hear for Pat's wins just gets old.

NE cant run the ball. Period. They get the majority of their yards late, when the game is out of hand, and the opposing team has lost its will.

In both games that were close in the 4th quarter, Dallas and Indy. They were terrible to average.

Vs Dallas - 29 attempts - 75 yards

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2928...7&week=REG6

Vs Dallas - 29 attempts, and 105 yards - 19 of which came on Bradys longest scramble of his career, per yesterdays announcers.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2932...7&week=REG9

You are obviously as clueless as they come. Brady had chemistry with those other guys, as they played games together those seasons, Put in backups now with no PT with Brady, and this offense struggles. Any fool should understand this point. Well any fool, but obviously you.

I just took 20 minutes to examine the facts. I don't know why I bother trying to deal with this guy with facts, because I know there will be an explanation as to why the following facts don't tell the entire story, :D , but here goes anyway:

New England rushing attack: Ranked 8th, 132.3 yards/game, 4.1 yds/carry

Breakdown by Half:

1st Half Rushing: 137 carries- 595 yards, 4.34 yds/carry

2nd Half Rushing: 150 carries- 596 yards, 3.97 yds/carry

So, let's see what we just proved to be WRONG:

NE cant run the ball. Period 8th in league in yards/game.

They get the majority of their yards late 50/50 split as to when they get their yards.

Any other theories you'd like to try. :D ??

I just took 20 minutes to examine the facts. I don't know why I bother trying to deal with this guy with facts, because I know there will be an explanation as to why the following facts don't tell the entire story, :D , but here goes anyway:

New England rushing attack: Ranked 8th, 132.3 yards/game, 4.1 yds/carry

Breakdown by Half:

1st Half Rushing: 137 carries- 595 yards, 4.34 yds/carry

2nd Half Rushing: 150 carries- 596 yards, 3.97 yds/carry

So, let's see what we just proved to be WRONG:

NE cant run the ball. Period 8th in league in yards/game.

They get the majority of their yards late 50/50 split as to when they get their yards.

Any other theories you'd like to try. :D ??

Just to add.

Rushing:

NE - 28 for 105, 3.8 avg, long of 19

Indy - 31 for 119, 3.8 avg, long of 21

I'm just sayin...

NE cant run the ball. Period. They get the majority of their yards late, when the game is out of hand, and the opposing team has lost its will.

They can't run the ball period? They get all their yards in the 2nd half? Maroney ran for 9 times in the 1st half for the following yardage (4,9,7,4,0,5,8,3,8) for a total of 48 yards and an avaerage of 5.33.

The PATS were also missing starting safety Eugene Wilson, if you ar egoing to list injuries you should list both sides. This isn't even an excuse though, it's Football every team has injuries and it's about who actually lines up to play.

Yep, and hopefully Marvin can come back soon, as Gonzalez will be out for a few weeks. I don't want to see Moorehead lined up at flanker again.