[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help with league situation

matykus

Team A is in first place and they have 100 point and no one left to play. Team B is in 10 place and is down by 12 points and has willie parker yet to play tonight. Im in second place. So I post that I want Willie to have a good game so team A loses and I go to first place. Well long story short team B benches Willie Parker. Team B has major dislike for me for no particular reason. So I ask the cmmish to make sure he puts someone in to fill his roster. I know it is unsportmanlike to bench a player or essentially through the game but the commish seems to not think there is any issue's. Also I kicked the crap out of the commish this week thanks to ADP so he has some animosity towards me anyway. So what do you guys think?

That is a deliberate TANK job.

If commish has any integrity, he'll give the dude a firm warning, if owner doesn't set lineup commish should insert Parker and lock out this dumbass owner

Also, you should post a link to this thread for your league mates and commish to view.

VIEW THIS YOU IDIOTS

Commish and said owner are MORANS < yes, i realize it's spelled wrong.........moran!

Edited by theeohiostate

Team A is in first place and they have 100 point and no one left to play. Team B is in 10 place and is down by 12 points and has willie parker yet to play tonight. Im in second place. So I post that I want Willie to have a good game so team A loses and I go to first place. Well long story short team B benches Willie Parker. Team B has major dislike for me for no particular reason. So I ask the cmmish to make sure he puts someone in to fill his roster. I know it is unsportmanlike to bench a player or essentially through the game but the commish seems to not think there is any issue's. Also I kicked the crap out of the commish this week thanks to ADP so he has some animosity towards me anyway. So what do you guys think?

I would throw a guy out of my league for that. Total BS. Start your own league and let it be clear. CHeaters are cut, period.

Sounds like you've been screwed, first by a player cheating by tanking and second by a useless commish. Unfortunately, you've got no option but to either get the pair of them thrown out at the end of the year or quit and find a new league and take any players with integrity with you.

I think we can field a nice league for next year from all the people who have posted SOS messages about shady Commissioners. I'll be owner #1. Anyone else?

Good luck with your situation - although I suspect there isn't much you can do to fix it if the Commish doesn't care...

Conclusion: So at the last minute team b puts willie back in. Turned out it wouldnt have mattered but that wasn't the point. Then a few teams post derogatory comments about my dislike of the situation, including the commish. So this morning another team post a very rude profanity filled comment to me. Of course I respond in kind. So I get home from work and find a very long post from the commish who is warning me about how I rub everyone the wrong way and stop crying your in the playoffs and blah blah blah. I hope that little mother Fer gives me a sliver of reason to knock him the F out.

Thanks for post.

Why are you in a league where everyone hates you and vice-versa?

Don't get me wrong, I think you were definitely right to get upset about the possibility of another owner purposely tanking a game... but, seriously... fantasy football is supposed to be fun... why go through a season of bitterness and hostility just for the chance at maybe a couple hundred bucks or so at the end? Is it worth it?

Why are you in a league where everyone hates you and vice-versa?

Don't get me wrong, I think you were definitely right to get upset about the possibility of another owner purposely tanking a game... but, seriously... fantasy football is supposed to be fun... why go through a season of bitterness and hostility just for the chance at maybe a couple hundred bucks or so at the end? Is it worth it?

Spoken from the man who has a beat down going on in his avi. :D

Its a 14 team league and only a few like to razz me, most of us get along. Whats funny is the commish doesn't think its collusion and he is insulted by my insinuation. That fact is he is insecure and a control freak and he is in 12 place so he doesn't want to be bothered. Whats even funnier is we are in another league where he is not the commish and he was crying like a baby because of a waiver wire issue. Im over it. I cant quite now because im 8-1, in second place and could make the money rounds. This is my last year in his BS fiefdom. $ 150 invested and potential for win, I can put up with the crap for another half a season. Thanks guys!

If that is not collusion, I don't know what is. Man, there are some horrible commishes out there!

There's not much more to add here aside from what the others wrote. I fear, however, that by staying in and looking to win some $$$ that you'll encounter more unfair situations like this as the season progresses. Seems that the commish and his cronies have it out for you. Even if you win, the commish (or whomever handles the $$$) may not pay up.

I'd try getting my money back and getting out of that league now. Then again, did you ever see Bronx Tale? Instead of collecting on a $20 debt, C is given the advice that he shouldn't worry about it, that for $20, he just got this guy out of his life. Do the same...for $150, you get 13 other people out of your life.