[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Simple Question: Tomlinson or Peterson.

TDFFFreak

Folks, let's not anoint a new king just yet. :D

Not yet, but come on Ursa, AP has looked good and he has been splitting carries for part of the season. It's not simply about the player though. Consider the coach and system that the player is in. SD and LT have what weapons around him? A lot. What weapons does AP have around him?* It seems to me that it'll be the Peterson show much of the time in Minny, whereas in SD I am just not 100% sure what to expect week to week.

* SD knew what to expect in Minny and they couldn't contain Peterson. That says a lot to me...

Edited by TDFFFreak

At this point in the season, if you had Tomlinson this season in a PPR, non-keeper league would you trade him straight up for Peterson?

If you had Peterson would you trade him for Tomlinson?

no and no

If I owned either I'd feel pretty good about my chances for the rest of the season. I like AD's schedule better though.

Peterson as a rookie just broke the single game record for rushing yards. He has so far outpointed LT2 and that was as non-starter for much of the season. SD's defense has gotten very sucky this year, and are playing from behind. In a redraft, I'd trade Peterson for LT2, if the other guy threw in Brady.... maybe.

Peterson as a rookie just broke the single game record for rushing yards. He has so far outpointed LT2 and that was as non-starter for much of the season. SD's defense has gotten very sucky this year, and are playing from behind. In a redraft, I'd trade Peterson for LT2, if the other guy threw in Brady.... maybe.

That's a very strong statement in favor of Peterson.... I may lean slightly towards Peterson, but that's too far on him IMO.

The thing with Peterson and LT is that their value is so high with all the problems at RB this year that there is almost nothing that could pry them away from their owners.

I have Peterson in a redraft and there is simply no player I would except in a one-for-one trade, not even Brady. I'd rather take what Brees can give me at QB at this point, keep Peterson, and let the Brady owner continue to be average/below average at RB with no depth. (Unless of course the Brady owner managed to draft a top RB too, God help the othe owners if that's the case)

I think the LT owner MIGHT consider taking Peterson for LT but that's only because Peterson looks to be on a torrid pace. Before this past weekend, I doubt the LT owner would've parted with him for Peterson.

Edited by kingfish247

The thing with Peterson and LT is that their value is so high with all the problems at RB this year that there is almost nothing that could pry them away from their owners.

I have Peterson in a redraft and there is simply no player I would except in a one-for-one trade, not even Brady. I'd rather take what Brees can give me at QB at this point, keep Peterson, and let the Brady owner continue to be average/below average at RB with no depth. (Unless of course the Brady owner managed to draft a top RB too, God help the othe owners if that's the case)

I think the LT owner MIGHT consider taking Peterson for LT but that's only because Peterson looks to be on a torrid pace. Before this past weekend, I doubt the LT owner would've parted with him for Peterson.

Stout observation. LT owner here and I wouldnt trade him straight up for AD, as good as he has looked.

exactly...I have Peterson and a RB#2 committee between what was Morris, SJax, Henry, Lynch and one of the Cleveland RB's...I forget his name...

and my QB is Roethlisberger....I am more than willing to roll the dice with Big Ben over trading AP to add a QB and depth..