[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie of the Year

muck

LoL ... I own Lynch in two dynatsy-ish leagues.

So, yes, him too.

Anyone else even worth mentioning, even if its only to make sure a half-a-dozen or so guys are on the stage for pictures?

Umm. guys? Why are we even mentioning anyone besides All Day? Dude has two 200+yd games and the single game rushing record. He's leading the league in rushing and rushing TDs despite not even being the starting RB until two weeks ago. Hell, if it wasn't for Brady, he might be the leading candidate for MVP, to hell with ROY.

Bowe, Lynch, nice stories. I suppose if something crazy happens down the stretch, there's a chance, but really.

This race is practically over already. Peterson is the winner and Lynch is having a very solid year as well. Bowe shouldn't even be mentioned in the conversation.

Edited by irish

Patrick Willis deserves some respect

Currently has 60 solos 23 assists 1 sack and 2 passes defended

that is a sick 120 solo 46 assist pace

but defense gets no love....oh you were just talking about OROY :D

Edited by keggerz

Patrick Willis ... now that's what I'm talking about.

word up, bro.

However D players tend to be way down the list as overall ROY candidates. D ROY, sure.

Peterson would have to completely disappear and Lynch have a huge 2d half for Peterson not to win it.

Ok...so, the guys in the photo are AP, Lynch, Bowe, Thomas and Willis?

Note that four of these guys were taken in the top 15 or so, and then Bowe at #23 (ish) ... not anyone from the rest of the draft or free agency has been a hugh surprise yet, I guess. DeMeco Ryans ... Marques Colston ... Jared Allen ... seems like most years have a great player or two step up and be very productive out of the gate and yet were not drafted in the first round ... I guess this year is different (which is a bit wierd given all of the injuries that seem to be happening this year, especially at skill positions where some unknown player could step up for a prolonged period).

Bowe? Hasn't the guy totally disappeared lately? Sure seems like it.

well he disappeared in week 8 due to a bye and in week 9 suffered his first catchless week of the year(tweaked a hammy or something and had Al Harris on him)

Look at these preseason odds. :D

Which Rookie will be named NFL (Diet Pepsi) rookie of the year of the 2006-2007 season?

JaMarcus Rusell 3/1

Calvin Johnson 2/1

Adrian Peterson 2/1

Brady Quinn 5/1

Joe Thomas 10/1

Marshawn Lynch 10/1

Dwayne Bowe 20/1

Gaines Adams 20/1

Levi Brown 20/1

Field 3/2

Unless Adrian is endorsing COKE products, this is as easy as it's ever been. :D

Edited by MikesVikes

Patrick Willis ... now that's what I'm talking about.

Any other rookies having really good / great first years?

Jon Beason is having a terrific season taking over for Dan "Mr. IR" Morgan at MLB. His play since they moved him inside has been terrific. Willis has been terrific as well and clearly the leader for the DROY at this point, but the season is only 1/2 through so Beason could still make a nice push to get DROY honors IMO.

Beason stats

Aren't O-ROY and D-ROY awards given out separately?

Yes. AD or AP is clearly going to take OROY and possibly the MVP, as he has been just awesome for the Vikings! Willis and Beason should have a good battle for the next two months to see who would get the DROY.