[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronnie Brown

GRIDIRON JUNKY

for him to be fully healthy?

Will he be back to full strength by the beginning of next season? I know that ACL usually take a full year or more, if it is a complete tear, however I was under the impression that is was only a partial tear.

I need to decide here shortly if I want to use him as one of my keepers.

I would hate to keep him if he will not play til mid season next year.

Anyone got any news on him or his recovery time??

for him to be fully healthy?

Will he be back to full strength by the beginning of next season? I know that ACL usually take a full year or more, if it is a complete tear, however I was under the impression that is was only a partial tear.

I need to decide here shortly if I want to use him as one of my keepers.

I would hate to keep him if he will not play til mid season next year.

Anyone got any news on him or his recovery time??

This is WAYYY to early for that talk. Anyone who answers will be guessing all the way.

My guess is he will be ready for next season but who knows. All I do know is hes done for this year.

This is WAYYY to early for that talk. Anyone who answers will be guessing all the way.

My guess is he will be ready for next season but who knows. All I do know is hes done for this year.

I totally agree. But I don't think his knee injury is as bad as they're making it out to be.

He walked back to the sideline and eventually the locker room with little to no limp. I know these are HIGHLY conditioned athletes but a torn ACL should cause a little more limping than that. I think it was an 0-7, knocked out QB, traded away Chambers injury. I think he'll be good to go when the season begins next year.

good news it that it was just the ACL.

Exactly. That and how current advancements in the medical field (especially with the $NFL$) have shown us that athletes with injuries such as a torn ACL can come back feeling 100% a lot sooner than the average person with average health coverage would have.

If an athlete can come back from THIS horrible leg injury, then I'll go out on a limb and say Ronnie Brown will be just fine at the start of next season.

It's also WAY too early to be declaring keepers for 2008 - strange league rules there Junky...IMHO.

We don't have to declare our keepers until the end of July, however I can put him on a IR spot on my team which would free up another rosters spot. However our league rules are if you put a player on IR, then he automatically becomes your keeper. So I need an extra spot, just need to decide to IR him and have him as a keeper for next year or just let him go.

Sounds, like most here think he will be healthy for next season.

Hmmmmm. I dunno - despite medical advancements, there has to be considerable doubt that Brown will be ready to play next September and even if he is, how effective he will be. See James, Edgerrin, when he came back. It might be 2009 before Brown is back to where he was.

It used to be that it took a full season to get back to full strength, but that seems to be getting better the last few years IMO. Personally I probably won't touch him next year until I see some pre-season on-field performance. All you'll get up to then is a bunch of local media BS about him being "ahead of schedule", coaches saying he "looks good out there", blah blah blah....