[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I submit that there's one team even less likeable than the Pats

msaint

Wow Mark, I've never seen a Megan Foxy thread by you ever.

Calling Shula and Csonka ass-clowns? Are you kidding? You do realize who your head coach and All Pro WR are?

So the '72 Dolphins want to beat their chest about their feat. Good for them. Everything I've ever heard Shula say about the Patriots has been nothing but praise and admiration. Do you think they want the Pats to go undefeated? Of course not. If a pro athlete has something great to hang their hat on, of course they want it to remain forever. Nothing more than you or I would do if we were world class athletes in the same position.

I think you Patsie fans are getting a bit touchy with the camera-gate and the running up the score talk, neither of which this Dolphins fan warrants any criticism. You guys got a great team. Relax and enjoy the ride geeze.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the Phins, gee wonder why, but those guys earned their every year celebration: it isn't bragging when you nack it up.

Shula's full of crap. If anything is tainted it would be the Car or Phi SB, as logic says they MIGHT have been cheating then but probably have NOT since week 1 of this year.

Now Pats fans can love Schula.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...?p1=MEWell_Pos4

Dolphins Hall of Fame coach Don Shula clarified his comments on the Patriots' "Spygate" scandal today, telling ESPN's "Mike and Mike in the Morning" that New England's accomplishments should not have an asterisk attached to them.

"If they run the table, and they win all the games, then they are doing it within the rules of the National Football League," Shula said. "And there shouldn't be any asterisk to it. That would be the accomplishment that they made. It would be the best in all of sports."

Shula's 1972 Dolphins team had a perfect 14-0 record. If the Patriots go undefeated, they "will deserve to be called the best team," said Shula.

The comments were a change from earlier in the week, when Shula told the New York Daily News that the Patriots' accomplishments should have an asterisk next to them the same way that some people think Barry Bonds' home run record should.

Several Patriots players, including linebacker Mike Vrabel, took exception to Shula's comments.

"I think that we try to go out there and play hard every week," Vrabel told ESPN 890. "And I don't think that guys are going to draw on an old retired coach and old washed up players to pump us up. We play hard

Edited by xtra

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...ts_undefea.html

Shula, Csonka, Mercury "Coke Dealer" Morris, all of you...shut your pieholes once and for all! :D Every season these shriveled up ass-clowns roll themselves out of their crypts, hop into the retirement home pool that has the Coccoon pods in it, and pop champagne to celebrate when the last undefeated team loses. Last week before the big game )and I got this from another site, but no link) Csonka apparently said something like "No I don't wish the Patriots luck and no I don't wish the Colts luck. I hope they beat the hell out of each other and the winner loses their next game." Morris, and I again paraphrase, said "Call me when they are on my block." Gee, Mercury, I have this feeling that if Richard Seymour or Dwight Freeney was on your block, you'd be hiding behind your giant supply of Depends.

And now Shula's saying that if, IF the Pats go undefeated they should get a Barry Bonds-esque asterisk next to the record. It's certainly a valid debate in light of CameraGate but coming from these dopes it just sounds petty. :D

I agree 100% with this. While I am not a Pats fan in any way I would love to see them go undefeated just to shut their (Dolphins) pieholes.

"I think that we try to go out there and play hard every week," Vrabel told ESPN 890. "And I don't think that guys are going to draw on an old retired coach and old washed up players to pump us up. We play hard

F*ck Vrabel. Like I'm supposed to care what he thinks. Reason #56 to hate the Pats.

I agree 100% with this. While I am not a Pats fan in any way I would love to see them go undefeated just to shut their (Dolphins) pieholes.

I dont understand why people get so up in arms about this "tradition" that in fact DOSENT EXIST. Anyone have the Snopes link?

The New York Post is already putting an asterik next to the Patriots record . . .

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/18/...xt-to-patriots/

Ummm...this is the paper that when a poodle fell off a 75th floor balcony, plummets down to land on some poor saps head and kills him, they run the headline "Man killed by best friend". Yeah, they'd never try to sensationalize anything. :D

I dont understand why people get so up in arms about this "tradition" that in fact DOSENT EXIST. Anyone have the Snopes link?

Shula admitted they don't do this, it's a media thing. I think the 72 Dolphins only concern in this matter is that there appearance fees will go down if another team has gone undefeated.

Calling Shula and Csonka ass-clowns? Are you kidding? You do realize who your head coach and All Pro WR are?

So the '72 Dolphins want to beat their chest about their feat. Good for them. Everything I've ever heard Shula say about the Patriots has been nothing but praise and admiration. Do you think they want the Pats to go undefeated? Of course not. If a pro athlete has something great to hang their hat on, of course they want it to remain forever. Nothing more than you or I would do if we were world class athletes in the same position.

I think you Patsie fans are getting a bit touchy with the camera-gate and the running up the score talk, neither of which this Dolphins fan warrants any criticism. You guys got a great team. Relax and enjoy the ride geeze.

lol

You can crawl out from the rock your living under now.

F*ck Vrabel. Like I'm supposed to care what he thinks. Reason #56 to hate the Pats.

obviously Vrable's statements worked or you wouldn't have posted that. :D

Canres, reading this, I couldn't help but start humming "Pass the Megan Foxy on the left hand side, (I said), Pass the Megan Foxy on the left hand side..."

:D

Ironic how fans of the “consummate” modern NFL team, are berating those players and coaches who own the ultimate “team” accomplishment…. i.e. going undefeated through an entire season.

Whether or not the ’72 Dolphins are the best team in NFL history is debatable, but what they achieved is not – yet every year there are always a number of fans and sportswriters who rebuke them for celebrating when that season’s last undefeated team goes down.

IMHO, the reason the players from that undefeated team hold their accomplishment so dear is simple - they were not highly regarded during or after that ‘72 season and they take it personally. Sound familiar Pats fans?

That said, I don’t believe a prospective undefeated season by the Pats in 2007 should be marked by an asterisk because of Cameragate – but I also

don’t believe accomplishing it in today’s NFL is any more difficult than doing it in the early 70’s. The circumstances may be different, but the road is not…. Every team was gunning for the Dolphins that season, they played most of it with their 2nd string QB, and they even had to go on the road to play the AFC Championship. Yet they won week in week out.

If the Pats run the table, they deserve the accolades, but lay off the guys from the ’72 Phins. They deserve to cherish their record – and got there first.

It should also be noted that pretty much every time a record is about to be broken, the person who has it acts with dignity. The '72 Dolphins, on the other hand, act like total a-holes. I can't remember the last time a record holder was actually talking smack in situations like this. Even Hank Aaron, who was just passed by perhaps the most hated player in baseball at least had the dignity to just lay low. You can interpret the fact that he didn't totally embrace the moment as an act of non-acceptance, but he, more than Shula, had a right to speak up about the tainted nature of the record pretty much issued no-comments.

Perhaps it's because they rarely get talked about among the greatest teams of all time despite the fact that they're the only ones to run the table. Well, if the shoe fits...

I, for one would welcome a) the Dolphins finally shutting up about this and bee) having an undefeated team be one that just ran through the league beating nearly everyone convincingly. Less speculation about so many balls bouncing their way, etc. Then the bittermen who cling so desperately to their 15 minutes of fame, so much so that they whore themselves every freaking year over it can finally fade to black.

These guys are bashed because they act like losers.

It should also be noted that pretty much every time a record is about to be broken, the person who has it acts with dignity. The '72 Dolphins, on the other hand, act like total a-holes. I can't remember the last time a record holder was actually talking smack in situations like this. Even Hank Aaron, who was just passed by perhaps the most hated player in baseball at least had the dignity to just lay low. You can interpret the fact that he didn't totally embrace the moment as an act of non-acceptance, but he, more than Shula, had a right to speak up about the tainted nature of the record pretty much issued no-comments.

Perhaps it's because they rarely get talked about among the greatest teams of all time despite the fact that they're the only ones to run the table. Well, if the shoe fits...

I, for one would welcome a) the Dolphins finally shutting up about this and bee) having an undefeated team be one that just ran through the league beating nearly everyone convincingly. Less speculation about so many balls bouncing their way, etc. Then the bittermen who cling so desperately to their 15 minutes of fame, so much so that they whore themselves every freaking year over it can finally fade to black.

I don't disagree with your points entirely, however, we are talking about a team record - not an individual one. Individuals can and should act with more diginity when in the spotlight. WIth 50+ people involved its a little different.

I don't think the early 70's Dolphins count as a team worthy of only "15 minutes of fame" however -- seeing as they won their division 4 years in a row, 3 consecutive AFC Championships, and 2 straight Super Bowl titles - both won in more than "convincing" fashion.

Nice how you lump a whole team together. I'm just positive that the entire '72 Dolphins are a bunch of losers. Guys like Bob Griese, Paul Warfield, Nick Buonticonti , Bob Kuechenberg and Manny Fernandez, all losers.

You obviously have a problem with the way some former players have handled the Pats situation, and that's fine, but to paint the whole team as a bunch of "bittermen" and losers is pretty ignorant.

I don't disagree with your points entirely, however, we are talking about a team record - not an individual one. Individuals can and should act with more diginity when in the spotlight. WIth 50+ people involved its a little different.

I don't think the early 70's Dolphins count as a team worthy of only "15 minutes of fame" however -- seeing as they won their division 4 years in a row, 3 consecutive AFC Championships, and 2 straight Super Bowl titles - both won in more than "convincing" fashion.

Point taken on the unfair usage of "15 minutes of fame" comment. As for the other, just because it took 50+ people to make it happen doesn't mean that these guys need to act like jack-asses every time somebody falls short of their record. Once again, the lack of dignity is rather apparent.

Nice how you lump a whole team together. I'm just positive that the entire '72 Dolphins are a bunch of losers. Guys like Bob Griese, Paul Warfield, Nick Buonticonti , Bob Kuechenberg and Manny Fernandez, all losers.

You obviously have a problem with the way some former players have handled the Pats situation, and that's fine, but to paint the whole team as a bunch of "bittermen" and losers is pretty ignorant.

While I never said the "entire" 72 Dolphins, I suppose you are referring to the fact that I wasn't careful enough to specifically single out those who act like idiots every year this happens. I'd apologize for failure to do so if it wasn't for the fact that you are clinging to a silly technicality here. I think it is rather apparent that those of us who have issue with the 72 Dolphins have issue with the guys who are carrying on. I can assure you that none of us are talking smack about anyone who's handling this with dignity. That you are now resorting to this line of logic shows what a rather poor position you are arguing from.

Point taken on the unfair usage of "15 minutes of fame" comment. As for the other, just because it took 50+ people to make it happen doesn't mean that these guys need to act like jack-asses every time somebody falls short of their record. Once again, the lack of dignity is rather apparent.

While I never said the "entire" 72 Dolphins, I suppose you are referring to the fact that I wasn't careful enough to specifically single out those who act like idiots every year this happens. I'd apologize for failure to do so if it wasn't for the fact that you are clinging to a silly technicality here. I think it is rather apparent that those of us who have issue with the 72 Dolphins have issue with the guys who are carrying on. I can assure you that none of us are talking smack about anyone who's handling this with dignity. That you are now resorting to this line of logic shows what a rather poor position you are arguing from.

While I've read your posts in the past, I never remember you coming off as such an a-hole before. :D

I'm obviously a Dolphins fan and as such I'm defending my team. I'm not arguing any position other than pointing out that an entire team can not be called a bunch of losers because you don't like they way a few act. While I agree that I wish everyone would handle a record being broken the way say Dan did with Peyton, there are always gonna be people that can not or will not handle such matters with dignity. Can't blame the entire team like you did in your post. I was just pointing out the fact that just because a few people mouth off, don't lump in a whole team.

Save whatever sarcastic retort you might have. It's not that hugh of deal anyway and internet pissing matches are useless.

Wait a second.... how did they cheat against the RAMS?

As far as teams less likeable than the PATS, how about the Ravens? They won one super bowl and they still think they are the greatest team on earth

+1! Let it go Ray, Billick. You guys stink! And it's about to get worse with that brutal schedule.

Watch and enjoy my friends. This is going to be funny.... :D

• 1 month later...