[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mark Schlereth's top 5 RB rankings

Randall

You're joking, right?

About what? Parker cant catch the ball like Bush can. Bush is just as fast as Parker. I dont see why its that far out in left field. We all saw last night how well Parker plays against a good D committed to stopping the ruin. Hint: very poorly.

ETA stats:

Parker - Rush 768yds 4.1avg 2TD's Catch 102yds 0TD's

Bush - Rush 434yds 3.8avg 3TD's, Catch 277yds 2TD's in a true RBBC for half the year and hes only getting better.

Edited by DemonKnight

AP

LT/Westbrook

Addai

FWP

Is this a straight football ranking, or a FF one? Then, is it PPR? I do know this... if I had either an NFL team or the number one pick in a dynasty draft, it's AP hands down in both cases.

Nobody is hotter from a fantasy perspective than AP right now, but if my life is dependent on winning one game, and I have my pick of any RB around, I would take the experience of LT...

I agree that Bush is probably better than Parker. His stats in the last 4 games are great. No one on the Saints did well the first 4.

Are we looking at raw talent, highest potential or best for Fantasy?

Call me crazy but I like:

AP

LT

Addai

Westbrook

Marion Barber III

Then Bush, Parker, and Lynch somewhere right after.

Marion Barber has the 2nd best avg for backs with 100+ carries, has more TDs than most backs, is deadly as a receiver and a runner and is one of the most physical runners currently playing. If he were getting 20-25 carries per game, I see his stats right behind AP's.

Edited by Pkillebr

You all have Westbrook to high.

I thought so too until I looked.

His running stats aren't incredible (though they are very good) but he's averaging over 60 yards per game in the air as well. He's also averaging 4.8 on the ground with 86 yards per game. He has 4 TD on the ground and 2 in the air. He also has no fumbles so far this year and 2 fumbles total since 2005.

He only got 2.2 yards against MIN but he got 46 in the air also and 2 TDs. So even against one of the better run defenses, he performs.

I agree that Bush is probably better than Parker. His stats in the last 4 games are great. No one on the Saints did well the first 4.

Are we looking at raw talent, highest potential or best for Fantasy?

Call me crazy but I like:

AP

LT

Addai

Westbrook

Marion Barber III

Then Bush, Parker, and Lynch somewhere right after.

Marion Barber has the 2nd best avg for backs with 100+ carries, has more TDs than most backs, is deadly as a receiver and a runner and is one of the most physical runners currently playing. If he were getting 20-25 carries per game, I see his stats right behind AP's.

but he isnt

why? he has averaged 4.2ypc since the bye week and has averaged 112.2 combined yards since the bye along with 3 TDs

*5 games played after the bye

Well, that's nice, but he's still averaging well under 4 yds/carry for the year (while Parker is at like 4.2, even after getting stuffed last night). Bush is a nice back who's getting better, but he still has a way to go in between the tackles, IMO. Parker has a better combination of power and speed.

Marshawn Lynch should easily crack that Top 5. That dude's a beast and it's too bad that he's wasting away on a terrible offense. I'd also put Edgerrin over Bush. Dude has MUCH better vision. Put him behind a halfway decent line and he's probably a Top 5-7 back.

Edited by Bill Swerski

You all have Westbrook to high.

And you're flat out of your skull. Westy is the #2 RB in my fantasy league and probably most others that are PPR. He's behind only AP and it's by less than 2 points, so he's practically #1.

Peterson A, MIN 190.20

Westbrook B, PHI 188.60

And to think AP had a HUGE week last week breaking NFL records and is just edging Westy out by 1.6 points.

Well, that's nice, but he's still averaging well under 4 yds/carry for the year (while Parker is at like 4.2, even after getting stuffed last night). Bush is a nice back who's getting better, but he still has a way to go in between the tackles, IMO.

I'd also put Edgerrin over Bush. Dude has MUCH better vision. Put him behind a halfway decent line and he's probably a Top 5 back.

i didnt see the piece but my guess is that it has to do with the here and now and not if this cat played for that team sorta stuff...and you can ignore the first part of the season if you want but the entire NO team looked like it needed to be blown up....they have gotten it back together now so it is worth looking at bush from that point forward, IMO :D

but he isnt

Right, which is why he isn't right behind AP. But I do put him ahead of Bush and Parker.

He is averaging 5.4 per carry and has 7 TDs. The only other back with over a 5.0 average that has 100+ carries is Ronnie Brown and obviously he's out of contention. He's the 4th best RB for TDs behind Addai (9), AP(9) and LT (8) with 7. If you include receivers, he's tied for 8.

My point is, he's a better player. He's got some of the best stats even though he isnt getting 20-25 a game.

Right, which is why he isn't right behind AP. But I do put him ahead of Bush and Parker.

He is averaging 5.4 per carry and has 7 TDs. The only other back with over a 5.0 average that has 100+ carries is Ronnie Brown and obviously he's out of contention. He's the 4th best RB for TDs behind Addai (9), AP(9) and LT (8) with 7. If you include receivers, he's tied for 8.

My point is, he's a better player. He's got some of the best stats even though he isnt getting 20-25 a game.

by the way Barber does not have 100 carries so he doesn't qualify (he has 99 :wacko: )

and i do agree it would be scary to think what Barber would do with more carries but JJ is the better back so that wont happen :D

edit: hmmmm NFL.com has him with 100 and MFL has him with 99 :D

upon further inspection NFL.com has him with 9/49 vs NE and MFL has him with 8/47

there must have been a stat change or something

Edited by keggerz

i didnt see the piece but my guess is that it has to do with the here and now and not if this cat played for that team sorta stuff...and you can ignore the first part of the season if you want but the entire NO team looked like it needed to be blown up....they have gotten it back together now so it is worth looking at bush from that point forward, IMO :D

Yeah, it is. I agree that Bush is definitely getting better. That said, AP, LT, Lynch, Westbrook, and Addai are definitely on a higher tier than Bush right now. And I would put Parker and Edgerrin slightly above Bush as well.

by the way Barber does not have 100 carries so he doesn't qualify (he has 99 :wacko: )

and i do agree it would be scary to think what Barber would do with more carries but JJ is the better back so that wont happen :D

edit: hmmmm NFL.com has him with 100 and MFL has him with 99 :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?s...2&year=2007

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7285

According to both ESPN and Yahoo! Sports, he has 100.

And give me a break, MB is definitely better than JJ, at least this year. 3.9 average on 91 attempts versus 5.4 average on 100?

Edit: Didn't see your edit in time. I guess it doesn't really matter but it's weird that two different sites are saying different things. MFL probably has an error if ESPN, Yahoo and NFL all show something else.

Edited by Pkillebr

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?s...2&year=2007

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7285

According to both ESPN and Yahoo! Sports, he has 100.

And give me a break, MB is definitely better than JJ, at least this year. 3.9 average on 91 attempts versus 5.4 average on 100?

Edit: Didn't see your edit in time. I guess it doesn't really matter but it's weird that two different sites are saying different things. MFL probably has an error if ESPN, Yahoo and NFL all show something else.

do a forum search for baber and use my user name in the search parameters...you will then see the light

About what? Parker cant catch the ball like Bush can. Bush is just as fast as Parker. I dont see why its that far out in left field. We all saw last night how well Parker plays against a good D committed to stopping the ruin. Hint: very poorly.

ETA stats:

Parker - Rush 768yds 4.1avg 2TD's Catch 102yds 0TD's

Bush - Rush 434yds 3.8avg 3TD's, Catch 277yds 2TD's in a true RBBC for half the year and hes only getting better.

LOL, Bush was in "RBBC" for less than 2 1/2 games, as McAllister had a whole 24 carries before tearing up his knee.

Parker had just under 1,500 rushing yds with a 4.4 average and crossed the stripe 16 times last year. And that was on a team who leaned on him heavily because their QB was a turnover machine and their only reliable WR was banged up for much of the season. He's already a proven effective runner against good defenses. Meanwhile, Bush had a 3.6 yds/carry average against a bunch of pu$$y NFC defenses.