[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RUMOR ONLY: LJ out for season?

msaint

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Irish has a source :D:D

That's funny cause this reaction :wacko: that you had above was the same reaction I had when I read the piece on the "Rest of the Season Rankings". :D Then I just moved on to reality. ;)

That's funny cause this reaction :D that you had above was the same reaction I had when I read the piece on the "Rest of the Season Rankings". :D Then I just moved on to reality. :wacko:

Oh Snap !!!!!

Edit.............. :D

Edited by Menudo

Fantasyfootball.com is reporting that Larry Johnson has suffered a broken foot and will miss the rest of the season.

Keep in mind, this isn't 100%, and no other major sites are reporting this, but this is the same site that broke the news that Priest Holmes was out for the season back in 2005.

INSIDER: Larry Johnson Injury Update

Last Edited: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 1:19 PM MST

By JOSINA ANDERSON, Denver Sports Insider

www.myfoxcolorado.com

"I (Anderson) just talked to a source inside the Chiefs organization who updated me on the status of Chiefs running back Larry Johnson. Two hours ago I was told that Johnson was driven to the facility, and he arrived on crutches. “I don’t know what his prognosis is, whether it’s a sprain or a break,” said the Chiefs source initially. “There is a chance Johnson may be done for the season; but it I’m not for sure yet!”"

Edited by txpkrbkr

INSIDER: Larry Johnson Injury Update

Last Edited: Tuesday, 06 Nov 2007, 1:19 PM MST

By JOSINA ANDERSON, Denver Sports Insider

www.myfoxcolorado.com

"I (Anderson) just talked to a source inside the Chiefs organization who updated me on the status of Chiefs running back Larry Johnson. Two hours ago I was told that Johnson was driven to the facility, and he arrived on crutches. “I don’t know what his prognosis is, whether it’s a sprain or a break,” said the Chiefs source initially. “There is a chance Johnson may be done for the season; but it I’m not for sure yet!”"

I hate Fox. Rumor mill central.

Now they are backtracking? If it is badly swollen tests are usually delayed except for X rays.

KFFL

Chiefs | L. Johnson reportedly has broken foot; Chiefs deny story

Tue, 6 Nov 2007 15:32:08 -0800

Josina Anderson, of Denver Sports Insider, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Larry Johnson (foot) is out for the remainder of the season with a broken right foot. According to the report, a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation confirmed the injury. However, FOX 4 in Kansas City reports the Chiefs completely deny the story and said their medical staff has not told them anything about a broken bone in Johnson's foot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KFFL

Chiefs | L. Johnson reportedly has broken foot; Chiefs deny story

Tue, 6 Nov 2007 15:32:08 -0800

Josina Anderson, of Denver Sports Insider, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Larry Johnson (foot) is out for the remainder of the season with a broken right foot. According to the report, a source within the Chiefs organization with direct knowledge of the situation confirmed the injury. However, FOX 4 in Kansas City reports the Chiefs completely deny the story and said their medical staff has not told them anything about a broken bone in Johnson's foot.

ie he's history. Cmon who you gonna believe: the KC medical staff or Josina? You go girlfriend! das what I'm talkin 'bout

Sadly, Priest might be my best option to replace him of the avail FAs.

Edwards prefers a featured back. Given Holmes' history and age, Smith may be the better choice of the two,

Regarding LJ's potential replacement(s)...

Through two games, Holmes has just 19 total yards on nine touches. At 34 years old and still shaking rust from his two-year, injury-induced hiatus, it is almost silly to think he can carry a feature back's load by himself in Week 10.

"We'll probably have to do some things different," said Edwards of his team's running back situation. "You can't give Priest all those carries, obviously. (Rookie Kolby) Smith will have to play, too, if Larry can't go."

Link.

Edited by Hugh-mongus

Edwards prefers a featured back. Given Holmes' history and age, Smith may be the better choice of the two,

At first glance I was thinking Holmes would be the guy. However, after thinking about it further, with Holmes being limited to a certain number of touches and the fact that he hasn't shouldered even half a rushing load in a long time, I'm thinking you may be right and that Smith may be the better value.

Wow, I feel much better now that I know Tootie's well thought-out opinion.

:D

Glad I could help Gil. You usually can use all the help you can get. :D

Kansas City Chiefs RB Larry Johnson is expected to miss two to three weeks. He is dealing with what the Chiefs are calling an ankle sprain.

Pried this out of one of my neighbors...

Maybe you've mentioned before some connections your neighbors may have to the Chiefs or maybe you're kidding. I dunno.

But I have Johnson and if one of your neighbors actually does have some inside info, I'm all ears.

IF jOHNSON IS OUT I REALLY CAN'T SEE KOLBY GETTING THE MAJORITY OF THE CARRIES......THE HARDEST THING IS PICKING UP BLITZES AND PASS PROTECTING....THIS SAID HOLMES WILL GET THE MAJORITY AS THE FEATURED BACK.....IF JOHNSON IS OUT FOR THE YEAR.

I understand your legit concerns about the rook handling the other duties of a starting RB, however I question Holmes ability to handle the rushing load. I think Holmes might end up as the COP RB doing the pass blocking, etc, while Smith does the heavy lifting. Holmes probably gets the GL carries at first though.

I understand your legit concerns about the rook handling the other duties of a starting RB, however I question Holmes ability to handle the rushing load. I think Holmes might end up as the COP RB doing the pass blocking, etc, while Smith does the heavy lifting. Holmes probably gets the GL carries at first though.

I agree outside of the goalline carries. I think Smith gets those since he's a bigger back and sending Holmes crashing into the middle of a goalline defense probably isn't a smart thing to do at this point in his career. I see Holmes as the 3rd down and "hurry up" back with Smith handling most of the other carries.