[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just realized I sincerely despise the Patriots

Swiss Cheezhead

Wrong. He is paid to entertain me and sell a product. Winning football games isnt the only factor that goes into selling a team image. Do you really think the Pats ownership wants everyone outside of New England to hate the Pats?

have you seen the ratings for the last 2 big NE games? Dallas and Indy? Both in the 20s. And Both bigger than any in 10 years. HUGE, huge ratings. if it doesnt directly benefit the team, but its a big plus for the league. Even the team is a team player in the grand scheme of the NFL.

And the Buffalo game just got pushed up to Sunday night instead of afternoon. And the Pittsburgh game was changed from 1 to 4 o'clock. Ratings, ratings, ratings. NE is a big draw, loved or hated. Kraft is a good owner. He'll go along with whatever is helping the NFL. And NE isnt exactly hurting it right now. Why would Kraft really care if other teams' fans hate the Patriots? Its obviously making the league alot of money.

Edited by hitch

Wrong. He is paid to entertain me and sell a product. Winning football games isnt the only factor that goes into selling a team image. Do you really think the Pats ownership wants everyone outside of New England to hate the Pats?

Why not - isn't that the image the Raiders have embraced all these years? I think Oakland merchandise still ranks in the top 10 each year, even when they've been atrocious. I highly doubt that Pats ownership is concerned about their new "evil" image. Do you think the Krafts would rather be a popular playoff team or a hated Super Bowl winner? :D

You know, i didn't mention this before, but after the game, when BB and Dungy went to shake hands, BB sort shook as he brushed past him, and Dungy was trying to talk to him, but BB was already pushing past, so he half heartedly turned his head back to him, and just sort of nodded and mosey'd on. It was pretty disgraceful.

You know, i didn't mention this before, but after the game, when BB and Dungy went to shake hands, BB sort shook as he brushed past him, and Dungy was trying to talk to him, but BB was already pushing past, so he half heartedly turned his head back to him, and just sort of nodded and mosey'd on. It was pretty disgraceful.

Oh, you meant it was disgraceful that BB didn't want to make nicey-nice with the guy that compared him to Barry Bonds? :D You obviously don't follow BB that closely. Wait until he kicks Mangini in the nuts at midfield after the game :D

"We seem to have tarnished Barry Bonds," the Colts coach said after practice on Friday. "We've pointed out that, even though he's a great player and he's hit a lot of home runs, because of what some people that work around him have done, it seems to have tarnished him in the court of public opinion. We'll see."

seems that dungy used bonds as an example based on public opinion...i cant find a single quote where dungy says BB is like bonds....dungy did use the bonds thing because it was a big deal in the court of public opinion....just like SpyGate is/was

Edited by keggerz

As a Pats fan you got to love all these media outlets slamming the Pats

Which media outlets?I want to subscribe.

Every sports show I watch or hear praise and hype them to the extreme that they become hated by fans of other teams.Its so nauseating I may be thinner than Mary Kate Olsen at years end.

:D Belichick and the Patriots are selling their product better than anyone this season. Have you been to your local Walmart? Seen a magazine rack? The Patriots have been on the SI cover 2 of the past 4 weeks. The last three SI covers that featured the NFL have had the Patriots on the cover (Moss, Brady, LB cover).

Do you watch the NFL network or ESPN? They are talked about daily. They get free advertisement on TV all day long. You think the Falcons or 49ers think Belichick and the Patriots are doing a bad job in selling the product?

have you seen the ratings for the last 2 big NE games? Dallas and Indy? Both in the 20s. And Both bigger than any in 10 years. HUGE, huge ratings. if it doesnt directly benefit the team, but its a big plus for the league. Even the team is a team player in the grand scheme of the NFL.

Thats a good point.

Yeah...He just brought it up because he thought it was the cuddly and friendly way to diffuse the situation...

problem is we dont have access to all the questions he was asked....there could have been a direct question with bonds built into it...and all the writer does is publish the quote... just sayin' :D

seems that dungy used bonds as an example based on public opinion...i cant find a single quote where dungy says BB is like bonds....dungy did use the bonds thing because it was a big deal in the court of public opinion....just like SpyGate is/was

Not surprising that he didn't come out and directly compare BB to Bonds. Dungy actually praised Bill in his book when he backed him up over his T.O./Desperate Housewives comments. And, sadly, it's also not surprising that (some) New Englanders are getting sand in their vaginas over it. :D

Belichick needs to get over himself and knock off his Al Davis impersonation.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Not surprising that he didn't come out and directly compare BB to Bonds. Dungy actually praised Bill in his book when he backed him up over his T.O./Desperate Housewives comments. And, sadly, it's also not surprising that (some) New Englanders are getting sand in their vaginas over it. :D

You mean just like the people that have sand in their vaginas over the way Belichick shook Dungy's hand? :D

C'mon now...I have yet to hear one New Englander whine over Dungy's comments. It was only brought up as a possible reason that BB didn;t hang out and have tea with the Dung-ster at midfield after the game.

Yeah...He just brought it up because he thought it was the cuddly and friendly way to diffuse the situation...

So, Belichick gets caught cheating red-handed and then responds to the situation by running up the score and giving a massive middle finger to the entire NFL... but it's Dungy's job to "diffuse the situation"?

You mean just like the people that have sand in their vaginas over the way Belichick shook Dungy's hand? :D

C'mon now...I have yet to hear one New Englander whine over Dungy's comments. It was only brought up as a possible reason that BB didn;t hang out and have tea with the Dung-ster at midfield after the game.

Again, BB needs to knock off the Al Davis shtick. As long as he breaks rules, disrespects teams by running up the score/refusing to shake hands, and stone-walls the media, he's going to come under fire. Continuing to act like a massive d!ckhole doesn't help his cause.

So, Belichick gets caught cheating red-handed and then responds to the situation by running up the score and giving a massive middle finger to the entire NFL... but it's Dungy's job to "diffuse the situation"?

Again, BB needs to knock off the Al Davis shtick. As long as he breaks rules, disrespects teams by running up the score/refusing to shake hands, and stone-walls the media, he's going to come under fire. Continuing to act like a massive d!ckhole doesn't help his cause.

I don't think BB really cares.

Just an observation, no comment with regard to the merits of the aforementioned.

Edited by Gdawg

Oh, you meant it was disgraceful that BB didn't want to make nicey-nice with the guy that compared him to Barry Bonds? :D You obviously don't follow BB that closely. Wait until he kicks Mangini in the nuts at midfield after the game :D

Yah, he probably will kick mangini in the nuts at the end of that game. I'll be interested to see if they even shake hands. It's not like Mangini had no idea in the past they were doing that, so he obviously waited until the Pats came to town. Yah, that could be good.

But how does that equate to any Pats fan having sand in their vagina?

+1,000,000

+1,000,001

I don't even understand the first part. This is the first "schtick" I've entered into the Pats discussion. Who needs a new writer? It doesn't make sense to me. :D

And you guys couldn't be more wrong about me being "jealous" of the Patriots. If anything, I've been unfairly spoiled by watching Favre play my whole life. He is the polar -- and positive -- opposite of how the Pats go about their business. I think it's that difference that sours me on Brady/Belichick/et al.

Why not - isn't that the image the Raiders have embraced all these years? I think Oakland merchandise still ranks in the top 10 each year, even when they've been atrocious. I highly doubt that Pats ownership is concerned about their new "evil" image. Do you think the Krafts would rather be a popular playoff team or a hated Super Bowl winner? :D

From Boston.com (how unbelievable is it that Quinn is #10?)

According to Reebok, the official supplier of spamshirts to the NFL, Moss ranks ninth in total spamshirts sold this year. The latest ranking was released Monday.

According to the latest ranking, the Patriots are the only team with two players in the top 10, as QB Tom Brady ranks eighth.

The top 10:

1) Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson

2) Saints RB Reggie Bush

3) Bears LB Brian Urlacher

4) Colts QB Peyton Manning

5) Packers QB Brett Favre

6) Steelers S Troy Polamalu

7) Titans QB Vince Young

8) Brady

9) Moss

10) Browns QB Brady Quinn