[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007: Record Year in the NFL

URLACHERisGOD

Which record is the most impressive?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. NFL records that have been broken this year:

• Longest Kickoff Return - Ellis Hobbs
    • Most Wins by a QB (career) - Brett Favre
    • Most TD Passes (career) - Brett Favre
    • Most Pass Attempts (career) - Brett Favre
    • Most 4th QTR Points Scored by a Team (game) - Detroit Lions
    • Most Passes had Intercepted (career) - Brett Favre
    • Most FGs (game) - Rob Bironas
    • Most Consecutive Seasons in One Stadium - Green Bay
    • Most Rushing Yards (game) - Adrian Peterson
    • Longest Play in NFL History - Antonio Cromartie
    • Most TDs by a TE - Tony Gonzalez
    • Lowest yardage for at least 13 completions - Steve McNair

Lambeau Field has been sold out on a season ticket basis since 1960 and they've been accumulating names on a season ticket waiting list ever since.

Right now there are over 57,000 names on the waiting list in a town of about 100,000 people.

Most Consecutive Seasons in One Stadium - Green Bay

This is the only one that will never be broken or tied

Anyone who has been to Lambeau prior to and afer the remodel knows it is not the same stadium.........

Also, they only played half of the their games there for quite a few years, I believed the played the other half in Milwaukee.

Got to go with AD

For me, it's a toss-up. Sunday's game was the first game I actually sat and watched an entire Vikes' game. AP looked unbelievable. :D

I lost a little bit of respect for Favre when it looked like he was hanging on just to break the records, to the detriment of his team. I have always liked him, despite the media knobslobbering, but the past couple of seasons looked to me like he was hanging on too long. You can argue that we have seen those records coming, but the fact that he has not only come into this season re-energized and is leading the Pack to a great season (along with that D), added onto the fact that most NFL careers average about three years total, and I'd say that his achievements this year are pretty awe-inspiring. I'd have to give the edge to the guy who has gotten it done consistently for so many years.

My vote went to most TD passes, but most wins by a QB was a close second. Most of the other records can be broken (or at least tied) on any given Sunday. It's not likely, but it just takes a single act or a relatively short period of time to set many of them. With most TDs or wins, it's a cumulative effort over years and it's not just luck, a excellent career day, or some other isolated instance that gets you in the record books. This isn't trying to detract from the other records as they are all important in their own respect...just that I think the long-term records get a bump up over the others.

My vote went to most TD passes, but most wins by a QB was a close second. Most of the other records can be broken (or at least tied) on any given Sunday. It's not likely, but it just takes a single act or a relatively short period of time to set many of them. With most TDs or wins, it's a cumulative effort over years and it's not just luck, a excellent career day, or some other isolated instance that gets you in the record books. This isn't trying to detract from the other records as they are all important in their own respect...just that I think the long-term records get a bump up over the others.

+1

I think Favre's most consecutive games started by a QB is the most impressive actually. Look at how many starting NFL QBs there have been just in this season alone. For Favre to have never missed a start all of these years is borderline miraculous.

I think Favre's most consecutive games started by a QB is the most impressive actually. Look at how many starting NFL QBs there have been just in this season alone. For Favre to have never missed a start all of these years is borderline miraculous.

HGH is good stuff. :D