[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is anyone starting Kolby Smith this week?

vikings711

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nov 7 Adam Teicher, of The Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Kolby Smith is expected to fill in for RB Larry Johnson (foot), who is expected to miss two to three weeks. Smith is expected to split the workload with RB Priest Holmes in Week 10.

I just read this....

Adam Teicher, of The Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Priest Holmes is expected to fill in for RB Larry Johnson (foot), who is expected to miss two to three weeks. Holmes is expected to split the workload with RB Kolby Smith in Week 10.

I just read this....

Adam Teicher, of The Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Priest Holmes is expected to fill in for RB Larry Johnson (foot), who is expected to miss two to three weeks. Holmes is expected to split the workload with RB Kolby Smith in Week 10.

:D That's Teicher.

My girlfriend tried for Priest on the WW last night, someone else scooped him up. She did however acquire Smith.

She may have gotten the better of the deal, IMHO, time will tell.

Of course we all have a soft spot in our hearts for Holmes, man I hope he can still get it done. The odds, however, are against him.

Still pulling for him. Go Priest!

Edited by Gdawg

Actually, you got your info backwards, and it is a point in favor of Holmes.

They traded Bennett only when they knew Holmes was going to be able to contribute. Check you calendar for when Bennett was traded, and when Holmes came off the PUP. The Chiefs knew Holmes was going to be able to play....thats why they traded Bennett.

If you really belieive they are felt all along that Smith was ready to play, why hasn't he seen the pigskin once this year? He may now play out of necessity, but it ain't because they suddenly feel he's "ready".

He has. He had 2 receptions in week 5. So you can stop with the "why hasn't he played if he's ready" argument. It doesn't hold water.

Rookies are brought along slowly, unless you are a Lynch or Peterson. He was behind the biggest workhorse in the NFL for 8 games, and Bennett was getting the scraps. Now he will get his shot, but don't act like he hasn't seen game action--because he has.

Priest is getting the start "out of necessity", do you think he is "ready"? I don't...

Priest is getting the start "out of necessity", do you think he is "ready"? I don't...

So you think getting 2 touches in 10 weeks qualifies Smith as being more ready then one of the NFL's greatest rushers removed a few seasons?

That's enough insight from you to allow me to gather my thoughts on your advice.

My girlfriend tried for Priest on the WW last night, someone else scooped him up. She did however acquire Smith.

She may have gotten the better of the deal, IMHO, time will tell.

Of course we all have a soft spot in our hearts for Holmes, man I hope he can still get it done. The odds, however, are against him.

Still pulling for him. Go Priest!

Is she in the Lady Huddlers League?

So you think getting 2 touches in 10 weeks qualifies Smith as being more ready then one of the NFL's greatest rushers removed a few seasons?

That's enough insight from you to allow me to gather my thoughts on your advice.

Where did I say one was better or more ready than the other?

That's enough insight from you to allow me to gather my thoughts on your level of reading and comprehension.

• 2 weeks later...
Chances are this may be true, however, how long will Holmes make it before he gets injured? My guess is not too long, allowing Smith to show what he's got.

:D

:D