[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Out of Curiousity...is Randy Moss One and Done with Pats?

SpinalTapp

If my memory is correct he signed an 8 year deal in 01...which would mean he was locked up through 09...that may have changed with him comin over to the Patriots however as I know he restructured his deal to take less money up front and more incentives (which I'm sure he's hit)

If my memory is correct he signed an 8 year deal in 01...which would mean he was locked up through 09...that may have changed with him comin over to the Patriots however as I know he restructured his deal to take less money up front and more incentives (which I'm sure he's hit)

I think he signed a two year deal with an option to be a restricted free agent or something along those lines.

He had two years left on his contract. He was supposed to get 9+ mill this year and 11 mill next year. That was restructured to one year deal for just this year. Base salary of 3 mill with another 2 mill possible in incentives. I believe he has reached most of those already.

It was pretty evident that he was playing this year for a hugh payday next year, we'll find out whether he's in it for the money or the rings after the season is over.

It was pretty evident that he was playing this year for a hugh payday next year, we'll find out whether he's in it for the money or the rings after the season is over.

He also has 2 million in incentives in his contract, as well as a bonus structure....so there is more to it than just the base. That base just protected the Pats against Moss continuing to not perform.

If he intends to continue playing, I can't see why he wouldn't do it in NE. He's got a great QB who looks his way, scores a ton and wins. I'm sure they're going to make him a decent offer. The only quality of life argument would be warmer weather somewhere else. Hmmm. The "original" 81 and the "new" 81 playing together?

That reminds me of Ricky Watters bailing SF for Philly. Dude would have made plenty of money in SF and would have had a great time playing in a crazy good offense on grass in nice weather. Perhaps gotten another ring and his stats might have been better even though he would have been second fiddle to Rice. Instead he followed the cash to Philly where he'd be "the man" and get pummeled on one of the worst playing surfaces in the league in the cold. Bad choice.