[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting Observation

Big Mac Bears

In addition to my long standing local leagues, I'm in two leagues with guys from the office. These are both hosted with Yahoo. In both leagues, the leaders in points and record are guys that didn't even show up for the draft and let the Yahoo rankings determine who was drafted for them. This has happened in past years and it's usually those guys at the end of the pack. So it's either pure luck or Yahoo rankings are getting better. Perhaps I should stop paying my $20 for the Huddle and just rely on Yahoo for all my fantasy information!! :D

....as well as not do any pre-rankings or research....and just drink beer while the other bastards are working hard at the draft.

you know what, this has happened in 2 of my yahoo leagues this year. They're not leading the pack, but they're doing very well.

Also, if you look at the Yahoo Matchup for a game, they're almost dead on for projected points, at least 75% of the time this year. :D Very odd indeed.

However, it also shows that they suck ass, because this year is so FUBAR'd that in order to be good at picking players, youd have to be utterly TERRIBLE.

In addition to my long standing local leagues, I'm in two leagues with guys from the office. These are both hosted with Yahoo. In both leagues, the leaders in points and record are guys that didn't even show up for the draft and let the Yahoo rankings determine who was drafted for them. This has happened in past years and it's usually those guys at the end of the pack. So it's either pure luck or Yahoo rankings are getting better. Perhaps I should stop paying my $20 for the Huddle and just rely on Yahoo for all my fantasy information!! :D

....as well as not do any pre-rankings or research....and just drink beer while the other bastards are working hard at the draft.

we can say bastards?

In my main Loacal league the guy in first place did not come to draft and made his picks over the phone. He had second overall pick and chose Brady. I believe he chose AP in the fourth and Brady Quinn and Reche Caldwell in the 8th/9th

Edited by SMF

In my main Loacal league the guy in first place did not come to draft and made his picks over the phone. He had second overall pick and chose Brady. I believe he chose AP in the fourth and Brady Quinn and Reche Caldwell in the 8th/9th

The fact AP made it to the fourth round is quite telling...

The fact AP made it to the fourth round is quite telling...

Really it is telling that a back up, rookie RB, coming off of an injury when he may have lasted till the 4th round? Where do you get your crystal ball because I would like one?

Edited by SMF

It never ceases to amaze me how a fantasy football season can go. Every onece in a while a team can cruise and win it all with little to no tinkering.

A friend of mine ran a league one year and sadly had a member pass on halfway through the season. My friend took over the team and made no adjustments, just made certain the team had a full lineup every week. Well, that team WON the season :D The league ended up sending the winnings to the guy's widow, it was a fair chunk of change IIRC.

Strange but true.