[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SI rates NFL stadiums for fan value

PaulOttCarruth

Lambeau:

Hot Dog $3.25

Soda (20 oz.) $3.25

Beer (16 oz.) $5.25

Expected Meal Cost $10-$20

Program $6

Cap $12.95

8 out of 10

Arrowhead:

Hot Dog $3.50

Soda (14 oz.) $2.25

Beer (14 oz.) $3.75

Expected Meal Cost $10-$15

Program $5

Cap $18.00

6 out of 10 :D

SI must like thier caps? :D

I wonder what the new Cowboy's stadium will rank when finished? Texas Stadium is a dump but the new place is unlike anything I've ever seen.

Stadium looks awesome....but if they charge $6 for a hot dog, and $8 for a beer, which they undoubtedly will to pay for the thing, then there ain't much value.

i actually read this yesterday afternoon....and after visiting the rca dome sunday...and as a patriots season ticket holder...i couldnt have agreed with their assessments more....both writeups are pretty dead on....and well...ive been to plenty of pats/jets scraps at the meadowlands...also pretty accurate...lol

Lambeau:

Hot Dog $3.25

Soda (20 oz.) $3.25

Beer (16 oz.) $5.25

Expected Meal Cost $10-$20

Program $6

Cap $12.95

8 out of 10

Arrowhead:

Hot Dog $3.50

Soda (14 oz.) $2.25

Beer (14 oz.) $3.75

Expected Meal Cost $10-$15

Program $5

Cap $18.00

6 out of 10 :D

SI must like thier caps? :D

Chi's comparison was the same.

Also this quote:

And though there are "tens of thousands of superfan Ted Swizerski types

Who the hell is that???

i actually read this yesterday afternoon....and after visiting the rca dome sunday...and as a patriots season ticket holder...i couldnt have agreed with their assessments more....both writeups are pretty dead on....and well...ive been to plenty of pats/jets scraps at the meadowlands...also pretty accurate...lol

agreed. i think they nailed Gillette:

• great food options beyond your typical sausages and beer, but expensive.

• great tailgating scenes but the parking situation is f'n brutal, i.e. once you're in there you're like a prisoner because, and this leads to the surrounding "neighborhood -- there's virtually one road in and one road out of foxboro, so the traffic jams on route 1 AND in the lots themselves after the games are some of the worst you can imagine (unless you have a premium parking pass, which gets you out of the lot faster but even then, bang, you're mired in another virtual parking lot on route 1).

• still loud, but not as loud as a couple years ago.

• and cheesy or not, i like the nods to new england scenery (lighthouse, etc.)

bottom line, anyone who suffered through frozen metal grandstands and the mile-long lines for what seemd like the LONE men's trough bathroom in schaefer/sullivan stadium will appreciate the comfort and overall beauty of gillette (in early/mid fall when the leaves are turning, the views of the surrounding area from the upper nosebleeds are, to quote the doctor in seinfeld's "shrinkage" episode, breathtaking. wow, that sounded gheyyy.)

agreed. i think they nailed Gillette:

• great food options beyond your typical sausages and beer, but expensive.

• great tailgating scenes but the parking situation is f'n brutal, i.e. once you're in there you're like a prisoner because, and this leads to the surrounding "neighborhood -- there's virtually one road in and one road out of foxboro, so the traffic jams on route 1 AND in the lots themselves after the games are some of the worst you can imagine (unless you have a premium parking pass, which gets you out of the lot faster but even then, bang, you're mired in another virtual parking lot on route 1).

• still loud, but not as loud as a couple years ago.

• and cheesy or not, i like the nods to new england scenery (lighthouse, etc.)

bottom line, anyone who suffered through frozen metal grandstands and the mile-long lines for what seemd like the LONE men's trough bathroom in schaefer/sullivan stadium will appreciate the comfort and overall beauty of gillette (in early/mid fall when the leaves are turning, the views of the surrounding area from the upper nosebleeds are, to quote the doctor in seinfeld's "shrinkage" episode, breathtaking. wow, that sounded gheyyy.)

the funny thing is...me and capt.hook were talking about gillette a bit over heinekens and jager bombs....and i was talking about how old foxboro had a certain charm..it certainly got much louder there..and you felt right on top of the field...i remember alot of visiting players hated it because they felt the crowd was right on you...much like fenway

also they are right about the club level seating...when it gets cold..they migrate inside...and most of these people never attended games when were back in sullivan stadium

Washington Redskins

FedEx FIELD :: Opened 1997 :: Capacity 91,704

TICKETS

Average Price Per Ticket $79.13

Price Range Of Tickets $48.40-$128.90*

Ticket Availability Games sold out since 1966

*This is BS since people who sell their tickets always get 3 times their worth. Two $99 tickets cost me $500.

Hot Dog $5.00

Soda (22 oz.) $4.00

Beer (20 oz.) $7.00

Expected Meal Cost $16-$20

Program $5

Cap $14.95

A little harsh on Qualicomm...but most of it is accurate. I loved Jack Murphy Stadium in it's heyday....Fouts winging it and Chuck Muncie running over

fools...then a sprinkle of " Little Train James "...... :D ....Sigh.....

Arrowhead will be MUCH higher once the renovations are done.

When Lambeau was done they kind of enclosed the stadium so games would continue. They thought there would be a riot had they built a new stadium and imploded the original. Is Arrowhead doing the same?