[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's official. Adrian Peterson is the best Rookie in NFL History!

LooGie

name calling did wonders for me....took a load off from what you said...

I felt personally attacked..

and yes, we will have openings next year :D

and I didn't say I was going to trade him....I said I was tempted because of his injury history in college...as I usually try and avoid any player with such an injury history in such short playing time...

but even a 4 yr old can see that he's probably the most talented RB to ever touch a football....but if it were to make my fantasy team better, I would do it...

maybe LT and Brady for Ben and AP....

but then again...I think Brady's production will slip down some in the homerun stretch and I can get by with Roethlisberger and Losman at QB :D

I wouldn't label him as injury prone.

Here's a good take on him from Steve Czabe.

Isn’t it nice that Adrian Peterson isn’t yapping right now about how much he wants to “stick it” to the 6 teams that passed on him in the NFL draft? Seems like a genuinely nice kid, who is a flat out phenom. At least I hope he’s a phenom, and not a flash in the pan. My only complaint for AP “holdouts” so to speak, is that they cite him as “injury prone.” Okay, here’s the list. High ankle sprain sophomore year. Broken collarbone and separated shoulder as a senior. What’s the big deal? Are college RB’s supposed to arrive in the pros “factory fresh?” Willis McGahee suffered a horrific knee injury in the Fiesta Bowl. Took him a full year to come back, but he still became an electric A-list back. Curtis Martin had multiple knee issues at Pitt, before he ever rushed for one of his 14,101 NFL yards. And there are plenty of other examples. Here’s to hoping AP stays healthy, frisky, and awesome to watch for years to come.

I wouldn't label him as injury prone.

Here's a good take on him from Steve Czabe.

alright, apparently I read something worse...

I was under the impression he had a knee injury somewhere in there and 2 collar bone injuries...

maybe I confused him with Charles Rogers? :D

but your post doesn't make it seem bad at all....

maybe LT and Brady for Ben and AP....

2 reasons I wouldn't do this:

First: What's the average lifetime for an NFL RB, somewhere between 4 and 5 years, right? This is LT's 7th year. Peterson's good years are ahead of him, LT's are probably behind him.

Second: Peyton threw 49 TD's in 2004. The following year he dropped back down to his average, around 28. Make decisions around averages, not peaks. It's extremely unlikely that Brady posts similar numbers next year.

JMHO's. :D

apparently you aren't aware of his college injury history?

Seriously, this has been one of the biggest points of misinformation about Purple Jesus and the reason he wasn't taken first overall. Also probably the reason Childress will have a job at the end of this season.

I realize we all want FF RB workhorses but these days with RBs busting knee ligaments/shoulders/groins/backs/spraining foot (or just generally sucking or getting suspended).

Anything can happen, but can we let go of the "injury prone" label until he actually has a series of injuries from the normal wear-and-tear of the NFL grind please. Or don't, and trade him to someone else and let them deal with his "injury prone"-ness.

Edited by kingfish247

2 reasons I wouldn't do this:

First: What's the average lifetime for an NFL RB, somewhere between 4 and 5 years, right? This is LT's 7th year. Peterson's good years are ahead of him, LT's are probably behind him.

Second: Peyton threw 49 TD's in 2004. The following year he dropped back down to his average, around 28. Make decisions around averages, not peaks. It's extremely unlikely that Brady posts similar numbers next year.

JMHO's. :D

I COMPLETELY agree with what you're saying on LT.....which is why I am glad I didn't have a top 2 pick.....I loved the idea of drafting Addai this year...but couldn't get him and the Addai owner wouldn't budge solely based on the fact that I wanted him and that means "he must be great"...

I also followed this theory by avoiding SA...last year ...

and I owned Manning in 04...so I am aware of this and stated this earlier...

but the market value for Brady and LT is about the same for Peterson and Ben......even though I wouldn't do it....if not based on the fact that teams will start dropping 5 DB's back like the Colts did....but because of the weather conditions the Patriots face down the stretch....another reason why I wouldn't try and get Brady right now...

you're preaching to the choir here....and while I would only move Peterson to make my team better...there is no team that can provide such an offer for me "to make my team better"...because I have sound balance and a decent committee at RB2...

Seriously, this has been one of the biggest points of misinformation about Purple Jesus and the reason he wasn't taken first overall. Also probably the reason Childress will have a job at the end of this season.

I realize we all want FF RB workhorses but these days with RBs busting knee ligaments/shoulders/groins/backs/spraining foot (or just generally sucking or getting suspended).

Anything can happen, but can we let go of the "injury prone" label until he actually has a series of injuries from the normal wear-and-tear of the NFL grind please. Or don't, and trade him to someone else and let them deal with his "injury prone"-ness.

one thing that plays into his favor is the fact that he has had a lighter load earlier in the season....so 'wear and tear' isn't as much of a factor...plus he plays in a dome....

Purple Jesus - now that's a nickname

My only complaint for AP “holdouts” so to speak, is that they cite him as “injury prone.” Okay, here’s the list. High ankle sprain sophomore year. Broken collarbone and separated shoulder as a senior. What’s the big deal? Are college RB’s supposed to arrive in the pros “factory fresh?”

Exactly... even the broken collarbone was kind of fluke-ish. He awkwardly dove into the endzone. It wasn't like he got slammed by some LB.

It wasn't until he broke a bone did he actually miss significant time. He played through the high ankle sprain gaining over 1000yds on the season while missing only a game or two. DJ Hackett just missed 8 weeks from a high ankle sprain. Chris Brown has been out for over a month and hasn't even been practicing.

Not really related to Purple Jesus' injury discussion but I like how this illustrates what type of man he is and how the current situation for these two RBs contrast a year and a half later... taken from here :D

Q: A couple of years ago, Cedric Benson said he'd rather win the Heisman rather than win the Red River Shootout. What would you rather do?

A: Absolutely, beat Texas. No doubt about it.

He has nothing on Tony Dorsett or Big Ben. Tony D was the missing component for Dallas to win the Super Bowl in '77, Tony's rookie year (last chance for Staubach). Ben Rothlisberger is another rookie who LEAD his team to a Super Bowl, the greatest possible accomplishment for any rookie ever. Jamaal Lewis won a super as a rookie feature back (with Dilfer at QB). Numbers are great and all for guys who have no chance at LEADING a team to a Super Bowl victory, let alone do it in a rookie season. This league is about winning championships. Like Dickerson, Adrian Peterson will never have a chance at winning a Super Bowl. He will always be a shiny penny on a floor covered in chewed gum.

You are correct. I can't remember how much better a QB Peyton Manning was after last year's Super Bowl than he was before, but the difference was significant.

You don't have to be a Vikings fan to realize that he's the best RB the league has seen in years.

No kiddin'. Boy, remember that Tomlinson fella from back in aught-six? Wow, he must've scored 30 tds. Ah, back in the old days....