[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Priest

Jackass

He ran well last week. But, I don't think that he will be the guy you would want to rely on from a fantasy standpoint. Smith is going to get a bunch of touches. My gut...just from watching him run last week...is that he's got great lean, but that he doesn't, yet, have his legs under him. To me, that means Smith spelling him a bunch.

The problem with Smith is he has no carries for the year and rooks usually have trouble picking up the blitzes so run Priest run!

I agree with the part of having trouble picking up the blitzes therefore, you might see Priest in on more of the passing situations and Kolby used more as a true runner.

I think Priest will get the ball, either running or receiving, about 18 times.

I can see 3-4 delayed screens and 3-4 draw plays. My guess is probably 85 total yards and 2 TD's. Smith will get 8-10 touches. No scores.

TWO TDs? A little overly optimistic considering LJ had his first 2 TD game last week (week 9!). He will be lucky to score once, much less twice behind that line...

TWO TDs? A little overly optimistic considering LJ had his first 2 TD game last week (week 9!). He will be lucky to score once, much less twice behind that line...

He's probably a Priest Holmes owner, so I guy can hope.

Edited by irish

Most pundits are now thinking that they will split touches in the 1st half to keep Holmes fresher for the 3rd & 4th quarters, assuming the game is close.

Assuming the game is close, Holmes, with a heavier emphasis in the 2nd half, will out-touch Smith 2:1.

My guesses:

Holmes: 14-20 touches, 90 total yards, 1 TD

Smith: 7-10 touches, 40 yards, no TDs

Most pundits are now thinking that they will split touches in the 1st half to keep Holmes fresher for the 3rd & 4th quarters, assuming the game is close.

Assuming the game is close, Holmes, with a heavier emphasis in the 2nd half, will out-touch Smith 2:1.

My guesses:

Holmes: 14-20 touches, 90 total yards, 1 TD

Smith: 7-10 touches, 40 yards, no TDs

Not bad projections and if Priest can handle the load for at least this game, that's how it could play out. I think they'll be closer like...

Smith- 60-70 total yards and 1 td

Priest- 50-60 total yards and 0 td

It should be interesting to see what happens and for the record I'm pulling for Priest to not only have a successful comeback but for him to come out of the game unscathed.

Edited by irish

I didn't get a chance to watch the game. I was hoping for more going up against Denver. How did he look? Also, how did Coyle look? Is there any chance he'll open things up for the running game?

Hey Sam,

He looked fresh, made good cuts, had the speed to get around the corner. He had a terrific first half until the right side of the line collapsed on one play towards the end and he tried to change directions and lost 14 yards on one play. After that they went into half with a 8-6 lead and came out throwing like true idiots and in a span of 9 seconds they gave up 14 points one a INT and a fumble return for a TD. Then Holmes was rendered useless. The playcalling is horrendous in KC and has been all season, they should have come out at half looking to pound the ball down the field chewing clock, but as usual they tried to get cute and the line got killed and the game completely changed. So if not for that big loss he wass basically 20 carries for 80 yards.

Croyle came in and showed what his strength is.........his arm. He is good at avoiding pressure and marched the team down the field on multiple drives, but it was too late and they kept stalling and settled for FG's. The defense gave up and Den added another TD allowing Den to sit back and play everything in fornt of them. I wouldn't expect much from PH this week against a pretty good run D in IND and I feel that Kolby might work more into the game plan this week also.

Thanks for the recap Hat. With Lynch getting hurt I may not have a choice but to start Holmes this week. Hopefully he can at least get a TD.

Yep. HT summed it up perfectly.

If our offensive coordinator had a clue this offense could score points. In the offseason he's as good as gone. AND the O-line will be addressed this year.

Guaranteed.