[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big 12 in NC game

BS Miscreant

Don't look now but all the talk all season about how weak the Big 10 is and how strong the SEC and PAC 10 are may only matter for part of the BCS NC game equation.

As of this afternoon, the Big 12 will have 3 teams in the top 5. One of them(Kansas) could jump to one or two. This matters because unless something strange happens the last couple weeks of the season you are likely going to see a Big 12 championship game that involves two of the top 2-4 ranked teams, a top 5 ranked OU team playing against either an unbeaten top 3 team(Kansas) or a once beaten top five team(Missouri) that just beat a previously unbeaten top 3 team(Kansas). All that spells big BCS points.

LSU has the inside track at one of the spots and needs GA(top 10) to keep winning so they can beat an apparently(voters eyes) strong team in the SEC championship game to solidify their case. Other than that game LSU and Oregon don't have anyone left to beat that would impress anyone thus potentially hurting their BCS numbers relative to those of the top three Big 12 teams down the stretch.

By the way, don't come to me with, "How can you say any of those Big 12 teams are better than LSU/Oregon", because that's not what I'm saying. This is not an opinion, just an observation of the current state of affairs and how it may shake out.

Don't look now but all the talk all season about how weak the Big 10 is and how strong the SEC and PAC 10 are may only matter for part of the BCS NC game equation.

As of this afternoon, the Big 12 will have 3 teams in the top 5. One of them(Kansas) could jump to one or two. This matters because unless something strange happens the last couple weeks of the season you are likely going to see a Big 12 championship game that involves two of the top 2-4 ranked teams, a top 5 ranked OU team playing against either an unbeaten top 3 team(Kansas) or a once beaten top five team(Missouri) that just beat a previously unbeaten top 3 team(Kansas). All that spells big BCS points.

LSU has the inside track at one of the spots and needs GA(top 10) to keep winning so they can beat an apparently(voters eyes) strong team in the SEC championship game to solidify their case. Other than that game LSU and Oregon don't have anyone left to beat that would impress anyone thus potentially hurting their BCS numbers relative to those of the top three Big 12 teams down the stretch.

By the way, don't come to me with, "How can you say any of those Big 12 teams are better than LSU/Oregon", because that's not what I'm saying. This is not an opinion, just an observation of the current state of affairs and how it may shake out.

I hope this does happen just to show what a complete farce the BCS is. Go Kansas vs OU! That would really make for some nice ratings. :D

This would be just the medicine college football needs. To be exposed for sure...

it will be a great finish for the BIg 12 - no question -as nice a season as KU has had- I just don't see them beating Mizou and OKL- in fact, I think Mizzou will get em.

If OU wins out, we could have an absolute mess with OU/Oregon/LSU all sitting htere with 1 L and each having strong resumes.

I'm not ready to hand the SEC to LSU yet. Arkansas despite being quite sh|tty, seems to play LSU very tough in those situations, and the dawgs have looked good in recent weeks. Be interesting if this is legit or if it's typical Georgia and they lose focus when it counts.

Same goes for the Vols too.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

I'm not ready to hand the SEC to LSU yet. Arkansas despite being quite sh|tty, seems to play LSU very tough in those situations, and the dawgs have looked good in recent weeks. Be interesting if this is legit or if it's typical Georgia and they lose focus when it counts.

Same goes for the Vols too.

IMO winning the SEC Championship will be more difficult for LSU than winning the NC.

I hope this does happen just to show what a complete farce the BCS is. Go Kansas vs OU! That would really make for some nice ratings. :D

This would be just the medicine college football needs. To be exposed for sure...

That game creates the most potential damage to the aspirations of LSU and Oregon. Big 12 CG - If OU win, they're a top 5 team having just beaten the only remaining undefeated team in major college football. If KU win, they're the only undefeated team in major college football.

it will be a great finish for the BIg 12 - no question -as nice a season as KU has had- I just don't see them beating Mizou and OKL- in fact, I think Mizzou will get em.

If OU wins out, we could have an absolute mess with OU/Oregon/LSU all sitting htere with 1 L and each having strong resumes.

This scenario does less harm to LSU/Oregon because it woud mean OU/Mizzou in a rematch. Not as impressive but still a bigger win for either than anything Oregon has left on their potential resume.

Oregon SOS took a little hit this weekend when Michigan got beat by Wisconsin. .

Yep. And Michingan could very well lose again this weekend. And either USC or ASU will lose when they play each other next week. Not fair necessarily but the fact is Oregon's BCS pts resume can only get worse while the Big 12's big 3 could improve greatly. I suppose ASU winning out does the Ducks the most good. That way the Devils stay firmly entrenched in the top 10. I believe LSU to be much safer in all this but if GA lose one of their remaining 2 that would leave LSU with a 3 loss, at best, SEC CG opponent.

Yep. And Michingan could very well lose again this weekend. And either USC or ASU will lose when they play each other next week. Not fair necessarily but the fact is Oregon's BCS pts resume can only get worse while the Big 12's big 3 could improve greatly. I suppose ASU winning out does the Ducks the most good. That way the Devils stay firmly entrenched in the top 10. I believe LSU to be much safer in all this but if GA lose one of their remaining 2 that would leave LSU with a 3 loss, at best, SEC CG opponent.

Not sure if you know or not but Georgia is not playing in the SEC Championship if Tenn wins their last two games vs. I believe Kentucky and Vandy.

LSU is not in yet, but it will probably take a LSU loss to knock them out of the BCS top 2 regardless of who plays in the SEC Championship game. There is the slightest of chances that should the SEC lose all of thier OCC end of the year matchups, LSU plays poorly in their last couple of games and Michigan beats Ohio State it could damage LSU's SOS and improve Oregon's. IMO even if all that happens I still think it's not likely that LSU gets dropped outside the top 2 unless than lose one of their remaining games.

Should be an exciting November of college football again.

Not sure if you know or not but Georgia is not playing in the SEC Championship if Tenn wins their last two games vs. I believe Kentucky and Vandy.

LSU is not in yet, but it will probably take a LSU loss to knock them out of the BCS top 2 regardless of who plays in the SEC Championship game. There is the slightest of chances that should the SEC lose all of thier OCC end of the year matchups, LSU plays poorly in their last couple of games and Michigan beats Ohio State it could damage LSU's SOS and improve Oregon's. IMO even if all that happens I still think it's not likely that LSU gets dropped outside the top 2 unless than lose one of their remaining games.

Should be an exciting November of college football again.

Yeah, I know. GA lost to Tenn giving the Vols the tie-breaker. I just mention GA because they are the highest ranked/best record team available.

Like I said, I think the LSU scenario is less likely than the Oregon one as far as being jumped in the polls but the polls have set the Big 12 CG winner up to make a nice jump if all plays out the way it should.

I remember last yr when everyone thought Michigan had the #2 spot wrapped up, then they sat a week, while FLA was impressive in the SEC Champ game, and the voters jumped the Gators over Michigan. I could see that same scenerio this yr, If Kansas/Missouri and OU win out, the winner of that game could jump Oregon.

I have a dream...

Georgia loses to Kentucky

Tenn loses to either Kentucky or Vandy, but wins the other game.

Florida, Georgia, Tenn all have 3 SEC losses. Florida goes to SEC Championship game via tiebreakers and beats LSU.

Don't fk with a man's dreams.

I have a dream...

Georgia loses to Kentucky

Tenn loses to either Kentucky or Vandy, but wins the other game.

Florida, Georgia, Tenn all have 3 SEC losses. Florida goes to SEC Championship game via tiebreakers and beats LSU.

Don't fk with a man's dreams.

I totally agree with your dreams, Sandman. And I dream that Oregon and USC win both their remaining games, the Big12 guys beat each other up, Oregon gets to the NC game and USC is back in the Rose Bowl, to beat up on whichever Big10+1 team comes out west. But if this doesn't happen, the Trojans only have themselves to blame, by losing to stinking Stanford.

And as much as I love coach Carroll, that loss falls on his arrogance - 'we can't lose to these guys at home, even with broken finger on our QB's throwing hand'. 4 picks later, I have to disagree. Dammitt....

Georgia has an inside track to a BCS bowl if everything goes to Chalk from here on out. However, if Tennessee upsets LSU, then UGA will go to the capital 1 bowl, cuz LSU will almost certainly get an at large bcs game.

You're alot more confident than me that LSU gets a BCS at large bid should they lose to Tennessee. Last time LSU enter the SEC game ranked 3rd and loss they were sent to the Peach Bowl. Granted there is another BCS game now. Should the Tigers falter in the SEC CG and the BCS NC ends up a Big 12 vs. Pac 10 matchup which BCS bowl do you think would take a 2 loss LSU team that lost their last game?

Sugar will have Tennessee. Orange might want LSU as long as Virginia Tech doesn't win the ACC, however if the Hokies are in I don't think the Orange would want a rematch. Rose will likely go for the classic Pac 10 vs. Big 10 especially if it's Ohio State. Fiesta seems the most likely but then again I could easily see them taking what would then be a hotter 2 loss SEC Georgia team.

Might be all or nothing for the Tigers BCS wise should they play Tennessee in the SEC Championship Game.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Im not trying to be a jerk, but dont you like always defend your team, Right or Wrong, In years past you had a excuse or reason for every lose they had.

I never said they would lose. I said it could happen. Its like Rockerbraves could grow a pair of nuts overnight. Not likely, but it COULD happen.