[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Statement game for the Browns

Menudo

So the question...what happens to DA next year? Do the Browns offer a deal and hope another team offers more so the Browns get a 1 and 3 draft pick to move back up into the first round?

They'd be insane to get rid of Anderson. They should look into getting rid of Brady Quinn to a team that desparately needs a QB(Minnesota?).

Great game today. I have no nails left, but great game. I believe the Browns did make a statement though. They're definately on the way back and if they put some pieces together on defense, look out! Here's to some great games in the future between these two rivals. :D

LOL What was the statement? "We can almost win."?

Well, granted the Steelers still out-gained them 400+ to about 160, but, the Browns held the lead for most of the game, and had a chance to tie it IN PITTSBURGH. I wrote the post when they were well ahead, but, I still think this was a step in the right direction for the Browns. The Steelers have absolutely owned the Browns for several years now. Most games aren't even close, and in Week 1, the Steelers completely dominated the Browns. I think it is a statement that in a big game on the road, the Browns gave the Steelers all that they could handle.

I miss the Browns - Steelers rivalries of the past, and I think we are going to see them get back to where they used to be if the Browns continue their improvement.

I watched that game on the plane yesterday and I have to say that Big Ben was awesome. He took command of the game..Made plays running and throwing and the most impressive thing was his determination. He just had the look in his eyes you want your qb to have..No fear and confident. I havent followed him a great deal but watching yesterday I take my hat off to him..The D played a big part as well in the 2nd half dont get me wrong but he stood out.

I miss the Browns - Steelers rivalries of the past, and I think we are going to see them get back to where they used to be if the Browns continue their improvement.

+1

I would really like to see the Browns relevant again. Browns v Steelers is a classic, and having the Browns show up to the game is long overdue.

And despite losing the game, I think they did make a statement. A small one, granted, but they showed up in Pittsburgh, and it feels like it's been a long time.

I watched that game on the plane yesterday and I have to say that Big Ben was awesome. He took command of the game..Made plays running and throwing and the most impressive thing was his determination. He just had the look in his eyes you want your qb to have..No fear and confident. I havent followed him a great deal but watching yesterday I take my hat off to him..The D played a big part as well in the 2nd half dont get me wrong but he stood out.

Big Ben is definitely coming into his own this season. After watching a lot of games, where he simply sucked, I never bought into the hype. But, he is a much better QB, than I figured him to be and he seems to have "it."

Great game yesterday...feel good for Cleveland and if they could add on to there defense in the next season or two....they could be good for awhile.

Gotta agree it was a great game - didn't feel like it in the first half though I kept telling my buddy I was watching the game with - who is a big Browns fan (and was way outnumbered in a very pro-steelers bar where we watched the game here in Virginia) that the Browns lead was easily surmountable - and it proved to be. Wasn't counting on that freaky - at first muffed - return though...but Ben and the Pitt D stepped up and did what they had to do in a very impressive way. Kudos to the Browns for making it a game and giving us a scare. The Browns offense really has stepped up and Anderson is the real deal. So looks the the browns are the new Cincinnati! And thats a good thing.

the browns need to toughen up on D for the rivalry to really return to form. the ravens-steelers rivalry has been the best rivalry in the afc north for almost the entire decade because the games have been so rough and hard hitting. you just dont get that in steelers-browns games anymore.. if you do, its the steelers doing all the hitting. the history is there, but the talent has just not been the same. the browns are getting better, but they really have to tighten up that defense.

the browns need to toughen up on D for the rivalry to really return to form.

Well apparently the Brown's offense and STs is already good enough to allow them to be competitive against some pretty good teams despite their crap D. A team defense in the NFL, can be improved rather quickly.

I dunno, the Brownies didn't show me a whole lot. Maybe on kick returns, but that was about it. Aside from their first drive of the game, what did they do on offense exactly? And on defense? What did they do that other people saw, that I did not?

You are absolutely right, the Steelers definitely dominated the game, BUT, just the fact that they were in it, regardless of how, at Heinz field is a step in the right direction.

You are absolutely right, the Steelers definitely dominated the game, BUT, just the fact that they were in it, regardless of how, at Heinz field is a step in the right direction.

Meh, if you want to look at it that way, go right ahead. If it's gonna take 2 (actually 3) special team blunders by the Steelers (or great plays by Cleveland....however you wish to look at it), to make it seem like the Brownies are headed in the right direction, then so be it. Maybe their ST are headed in the right direction? I know their offense is coming around this year, but we still don't know what's gonna happen to Anderson (if he even stays with them) next year, and their defense needs a ton of work. I'm still not sold.

I will say this for them.....they played with more fire than I have seen them play with in years, which is nice. Be nice to see the old rivalry gain some steam.