[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

cedric benson sux

buddahj

man this guy is terrible. anyone else got screwed by him. what's he have like 30 yds rushing today. the raiders give up rushing yards & td's like nobody's business. my grandma could put up a c-note & td on them. and she has a fake hip.

Was just coming to post the same thing. No heart, no guts, no interest. Bears should cut his ass.

Some of us have been saying this from the moment he was drafted.

In all fairness Benson was handled wrong from the git go. Chicago refused to pay him after drafting him so high resulting in Benson holding out the entire pre-season. Then he languished behind Thomas Jones either because TJ was simply better than Benson and/or because Chicago management/coaching had hard feelings about the hold out. Then the next season Benson continued to languish behind TJ despite supposedly being the high paid future of the Chicago running game.

Now consider how horrible the Chicago offensive line is and how horrible the Chicago quarterback is ... and well you have a horrible picture of a terrible front office/coaching job by the Bears.

Cedric Benson has averaged 3.6 yards on his first ten carries of each game, but only 2.4 yards per carry after that.

Benson tried to quiet his critics this season by insisting that he needed more carries to show off his power running style, but as usual, the numbers don't support his claim. Lovie Smith has expressed unhappiness with the running game this week, but we've been expecting change all season.

Source: Chicago Sun Times

Hard to over come bad coaching, bad game plans, bad offensive line execution/blocking, and bad quarterback play ... I suspect that even Jesus Christ would struggle to maintain a 2.5 YPC as the Chicago RB right now.

Thomas Jones did just fine with virtually the same offence. No, it's Benson's fault that he sucks, no one else's.

Thomas Jones did just fine with virtually the same offence. No, it's Benson's fault that he sucks, no one else's.

I am a Chicago Homer....it is not Benson. When they call runs that go outside, he makes good runs. When they call runs off tackle, the line can't block. This line has gotten old and in one offseason. It happens...and it happens quite a bit. Benson is a good back. He made a number of tough runs and runs after the catch last Sunday. I think Lovie's criticism of the running game is more line driven than Cedric driven. I have watched almost every snap this year and see the same shiat with Peterson when he takes his handoffs as well.

Sorry Shiz, Benson is not a good back. Good backs "MAKE" holes/openings. I haven't seen CB make a spin move all season. He hits a defender moves to r/l and falls down,when he is more than big enough to do the "knocking down"! Walter played w/ some of the worst O lines in Bears history. I wish TJ was still here to prove my point. He had an onus on him w/ his mediocre play at TB & Arizona, but did a great job for us for 3 years, and could have continued if the Bears made the right decision, that is not looking at the money spent on CB but picking the better back. Maybe CB will find a team that he is compatible with. He started out badly in Chi, attitude wise, and hasn't proven to be worth half of his pay even after the Bears get rid of TJ to , in part, appease him.