[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Ryan Grant Bandwagon

mroban

Grant dumped 115 and a TD on the leagues best rushing defenses today. Looking at the schedule, with the exception of @DAL, it looks pretty good. I have Larry Johnson on my team and am assuming he is basically gone for the season. Its going to take overwhelming evidence of LJ's health to get Grant out of the lineup as my RB2 the rest of the season (I have FWP). Priest Holmes is not a start over Grant the rest of the way if LJ is out.

But I think Grant is a top 15 RB the rest of the way, definitely a more than serviceable number 2.

Teams have load up against Favre and the passing game and Grant should have plenty of room to maneuver (as demonstrated today).

Me likee

So far so good, but the Packers in recent years have had quite a few RB's that looked like they woiuld be good in the long term.... and they weren't. Hard to say why each in turn didn't work out, but the list of previous hopefuls is pretty long. I'll get on this bus once he shows that he runs on schedule. I thought the Packers should have done whatever possible to draft A Peterson last year.... can you imagine the Packers offense with THAT kid in the backfield?

But I think Grant is a top 15 RB the rest of the way, definitely a more than serviceable number 2.

Take a deep breath and sit down man. Tke a long drink of whatever you're sipping and calm down. :D

Most Packer fans like what we saw but top 15 is a bit much. I do like them developing the running game around Grant. Edgar Bennett did compare him to Dorsey Levens recently and I can see the likeness.

I had some RB depth and traded him away on Friday to fill some other holes. My main concern was it never seemed like any 1 RB got a ton of carries for the Pack and they were near the bottom of the league in rushing attempts / game (30th) and rushing yards/game (32nd).

Nonetheless, he sure looked great today!

Edited by myhousekey

Have no choice but to like him since i have to start him due to byes and injuries. I sat J. Norwood on my bench for 9 weeks so i could use him for T. Jones bye. Thankfully i picked up Grant last tues. Now i may have to think twice about putting Jones back in my lineup.

So far so good, but the Packers in recent years have had quite a few RB's that looked like they woiuld be good in the long term.... and they weren't. Hard to say why each in turn didn't work out, but the list of previous hopefuls is pretty long.

Um, not really. Green Bay had a steady diet of Edgar Bennett, Dorsey Levens, and Ahman Green from 95-06, with a couple years where they had to plug some holes due to injury.

That said, Grant could be the '07 model of Samkon Gado.

Um, not really. Green Bay had a steady diet of Edgar Bennett, Dorsey Levens, and Ahman Green from 95-06, with a couple years where they had to plug some holes due to injury.

That said, Grant could be the '07 model of Samkon Gado.

That is what I'm talkin about.... Gado, Morency, et al.... each in turn looked like good long term RB's, but didn't work out. I should have said "last couple of years" rather than the last "several".

That is what I'm talkin about.... Gado, Morency, et al.... each in turn looked like good long term RB's, but didn't work out. I should have said "last couple of years" rather than the last "several".

Gado only got the opportunity due to Green tearing his quad... Morencey had never really had a chance. Last year he was behind Green and in limited duty this year has shown that he's nothing more than a 3rd down back...

Gado only got the opportunity due to Green tearing his quad... Morencey had never really had a chance. Last year he was behind Green and in limited duty this year has shown that he's nothing more than a 3rd down back...

Yeah, using my fuzzy recall, the years where it wasn't one of the three horses I mentioned:

- 97 - Levens went down early with an injury, Raymont Harris stunk on ice, Jervey got put in and promptly got injured as well, and Darick Holmes had a handful of nice games before Levens came back

- 99 - Levens was ineffective early and Green slid right into the starting role (just an FYI)

- 05 - Green was a horse, but tore his quad fairly early in the season. GB had quality depth, but before you knew it, Najeh Davenport and Tony Fisher were injured as well. Samkon Gado had a nice 4 game or so run, and HE got injured. The workmanlike Noah Herron closed out the season.

Gado is really about the only guy who looked like he might have real potential.

Gado had some VERY good games... and back then, I thought he might be a long term solution... and the comparison is to Grant, who has also shown that he might be a long term solution. Morency also had flashes, as did Jackson after week 2 as well as Morency in fits and starts last year. All I'm saying is that IMO, it's too early to get on the bus, but so far so good, as I said in my first post. If you are looking for an arguement, I'm not up for it.... just sayin so far so good, but too early for Grant to be annointed knighthood just yet.

Gado had some VERY good games... and back then, I thought he might be a long term solution... and the comparison is to Grant, who has also shown that he might be a long term solution. Morency also had flashes, as did Jackson after week 2 as well as Morency in fits and starts last year. All I'm saying is that IMO, it's too early to get on the bus, but so far so good, as I said in my first post. If you are looking for an arguement, I'm not up for it.... just sayin so far so good, but too early for Grant to be annointed knighthood just yet.

I certainly agree with the last part. Grant is a plowhorse but lacks true thoroughbred speed from what I've seen.

Morency showed some potential last year, but the only talent Jackson has managed to show is his tremendous burst into the arms of the nearest defender.

I certainly agree with the last part. Grant is a plowhorse but lacks true thoroughbred speed from what I've seen.

Morency showed some potential last year, but the only talent Jackson has managed to show is his tremendous burst into the arms of the nearest defender.

but the only talent Jackson has managed to show is his tremendous burst into the arms of the nearest defender.

:D

Grant dumped 115 and a TD on the leagues best rushing defenses today. Looking at the schedule, with the exception of @DAL, it looks pretty good. I have Larry Johnson on my team and am assuming he is basically gone for the season. Its going to take overwhelming evidence of LJ's health to get Grant out of the lineup as my RB2 the rest of the season (I have FWP). Priest Holmes is not a start over Grant the rest of the way if LJ is out.

Teams have load up against Favre and the passing game and Grant should have plenty of room to maneuver (as demonstrated today).

Me likee

This smells like a classic "flash in the pan" like player just like Samkon Gado. Where is he now? :D

Who left Grant on the bench this week? I did starting Selvin Young and Gore.

against tough minny run d? i left him on bench, and rolled dice hoping that gore plays, and produces, tonight. Good news is that my game is over, as he has no one else going, so don't even need gore......

If he produces like Samkon Gado did that one year for the rest of THIS year, I'd be happy....besides Addai, I have no legit starting back, as Gore is dinged up and hasn't produced......I'd be happy with this level of production rest of the way out...

Because of the Vikings D, I'm guessing most people who started Grant did so because they had to, so this was a bonus.

It did look like the Vikes were terrified of their secondary (with a hurting Antoine Winfield) being shredded by Favre, so they sacrificed some of their run D to bolster their woeful pass D.

Fear of Favre may help Grant have better than expected performances the rest of the way.

Take a deep breath and sit down man. Tke a long drink of whatever you're sipping and calm down. :D

Most Packer fans like what we saw but top 15 is a bit much. I do like them developing the running game around Grant. Edgar Bennett did compare him to Dorsey Levens recently and I can see the likeness.

Im not annointing him stud status. Im saying both the situation and the schedule (best schedule against the run from here on out) works in his favor and might make him a viable number 2 the rest of the way.

I would have loved to get on the Grant Bandwagon. However, that's the cost of front running. I've had either the last or 2nd to last waiver pick since about week 4, so have missed out on pretty much every hot waiver pick-up. :D

I continue to win but can't afford to lose any more RBs. Already lost Deuce and R Brown. If AP is out, I'll basically be down to 1 RB unless Maurice Morris steps up.

Benched Grant for DeAngelo. My big question on Grant. Any chance this carries into next year??

Sure if he performs well. He runs well in a zone system and Edgar Bennett(RB coach) has compared him to Dorsey Levens.

Benched Grant for DeAngelo. My big question on Grant. Any chance this carries into next year??

I'd say because of the draft pick invested in Brandon Jackson, they'd like to see him improve and take over.

However, you can't ignore the fact that the Packers actively went out and acquired Grant during the season, which shows they really must have liked what they saw in the guy.