[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson (MIN) update...

irish

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking out of your a$$. Tearing an ACL was the most pain I have EVER felt, and there is no way you can jog up and down the sidelines with the instability that comes with a torn ACL. He got hit on top of the knee while it was flexed, and not planted. I seriously doubt any serious ligament injury occurred...

+1

i certainly felt alot of pain, and there was no way i was letting someone slide a compression sleeve over my knee right after either, let alone jogging up and down the sideline. after the game AP said he asked to go back in, but understood why he didnt. i am guessing we are looking at a week or two at the most. and yes im a multiple AP owner.

I tore my ACL (complete tear) when I was 22 or so and couldn't understand why when I tried to cut, I would fall down. I could walk, etc. Just had no stability. The pain wasn't significant, but the swelling that set in 30 minutes later was pretty significant. I would think it depends on what other damage you do, as well. The worst pain for me was the first time getting vertical after the surgery.

A.D. is not fragile. The only injury I've ever seen that was a mystery was the broken collarbone. Every other injury happens when you run 20 mph into 250 pound men. He is going to have to be more careful...no question there. But he's not fragile and he's tough...unlike a lot of divas we're dealing with today (no offense Marvin and SA).

Edited by Double Agent

Not fair to say that just yet.

Given his injury history in college and the fact that he sprained (at least) his knee yesterday, I don't think it's unfair to speculate at this point.

I hope not because he is much better than FT.

Agreed that he's better, but I'm not sure it's by that much. Taylor had some absolutely outstanding seasons behind a lesser line.

Talking out of your a$$. Tearing an ACL was the most pain I have EVER felt, and there is no way you can jog up and down the sidelines with the instability that comes with a torn ACL. He got hit on top of the knee while it was flexed, and not planted. I seriously doubt any serious ligament injury occurred...

ahhhhhhhh, ever hear of Ronnie Brown? He walked off, ran down sideline, said he felt good, did not think it was anything serious, oh 3:00 Monday he is out for the season, torn ACL. So the dude is not talking out his a#$

Edited by kncks12

A.D. is not fragile. The only injury I've ever seen that was a mystery was the broken collarbone. Every other injury happens when you run 20 mph into 250 pound men. He is going to have to be more careful...no question there. But he's not fragile and he's tough...unlike a lot of divas we're dealing with today (no offense Marvin and SA).

"Not fragile"?

When has he ever completed a whole season?

He has a lateral collateral ligament tear.Its graded a 2 plus on a 1 to 3 scale,3 being the worst.Childress said just now on ESPN.He said his ACL.PCL,MCL looked good.

He can rehab it without surgery.

Edited by xtra

He has a lateral collateral ligament tear.Its graded a 2 plus on a 1 to 3 scale,3 being the worst.Childress said just now on ESPN.He said his ACL.PCL,MCL looked good.

Rotoworld

Vikings coach Brad Childress revealed Monday that Adrian Peterson has a tear of the lateral collateral ligament in his knee.

Peterson said the tear is severe, rating it as a "2+ tear" on a 1-3 scale, with 3 being the worst. It seems unlikely that Peterson will play against the Raiders in Week 11. "The PCL, ACL, meniscus, all the other structures are good in that knee," Childress added. "If it was a lineman they would be braced up and play, maybe. We’ll reserve judgment on what’s appropriate for that at the time. Everybody heals differently."

He can rehab it without surgery.

That's what I hear as well that he has a torn lateral ligament in his knee and that the injury is not considered season ending. However, if and how much time he misses I don't know.

Some players have a higher propensity to be injured, surely you can see that. AP appears to be one of those players.

Of course. But to say he's fragile is something different. Most of you are probably seeing AD for the first time. I've been watching him since high school. The way he runs invites injury. That doesn't mean he's fragile. But what makes him special is the way he goes full speed every time.

I guess my point is that most RBs in the league would suffer the same type injuries if they ran like AD. Since most can't, they don't have to worry about it. But any time you have a back that wants to create something out of nothing, they run a higher risk of injury than those that just quit. It doesn't (in my mind) mean they're fragile.

Injuries happen. Saying someone is "soft" or "injury prone" is just freaking stupid. Wrong place, wrong time, bad luck, etc.

Uh, so I suppose that Favre, Payton, Peyton, etc. are/were just "lucky" to have never suffered a major injury in 10+ years in the NFL. Interesting thesis, but I disagree. I also don't find it coincidence that Taylor's myriad of injuries suddenly disappeared (with advancing age and after years of wear and tear) when he changed his diet and began taking better care of himself physically.

Maybe he should just return kicks. :D

Ill blame it on the coach in a round about way,his offense or run ,run,shot pass or draw makes it easy for all the teams to cheat up closer to the line opening him up for hits he shouldnt have to take.Theres no trickery or masking the plays its just pound,pound ,pound.

Throw that in with his upright running style ,it seems llike a recipe for disaster.

FWIW I partially tore mine in HS. I played the rest of the game. It wasnt a full tear but it did keep me out the rest of the year. I know I was a HS punk and he is a pro athlete, and I am not saying he tore his, I'm just saying every injury is different and each pain threshhold (sp?) is different.