[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Norv Turner

Gdawg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis Erickson was pretty bad.

Rod Rust wasn't particualrly good either.

So far Scott Linehan is not lighting the world on fire either.

No....Norv has some competition for worst HC ever. He's definitely in the running though. :D

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Say word! You got the BEST RB in the game and your throwing the ball down there in the rain....IDIOT!

Agree. On top of that, Rivers is just not very good.

Memo to Norv and Phillip Rivers: Even if the other team is stuffing the run, you can throw the ball to LT, too. Running backs are allowed to be involved in the passing game. :D:D

Edit: Rivers intercepted with 5:50 left. If the Chargers blow this game, Turner should be fired. Yes, I know coaches are rarely fired in the middle of the season, but for crying out loud, this team was 14-2 last year and gave us the league MVP.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

No....Norv has some competition for worst HC ever. He's definitely in the running though. :D

You should not leave Wannabestat from that list. Barry Switzer was horrible as well but had the advantage of putting Johnson's team on auto pilot.

Don't forget Cam Cameron. He seems clueless in Miami.

You should not leave Wannabestat from that list. Barry Switzer was horrible as well but had the advantage of putting Johnson's team on auto pilot.

Dave Wannstedt

Head Coach

Career regular season record: 82 - 86 - 0 (0.488)

Career postseason record: 2 - 3

He wasn't a very good HC, but I would not put him in the class with the others mentioned.

I thought about Switzer, but didn't he actually win a SB? Disqualifies him as worst ever. This SD team is among the most talented in the league, and Norv has done much much worse with it than Switzer did.

And Spurrier too ...

Now that one I'll take!

Don't forget Cam Cameron. He seems clueless in Miami.

The jury is still out IMO. That team needs some help at the skill positions before you blame the coach.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

1. Turner is an awful HC.

2. Cottrell is an AWFUL DC (worse than Turner is as a HC). For some reason that doesn't get mentioned here by Madden and Michaels. He has not blitzed at all and never does. 4 man rush vanilla D every time. He is a joke.

3. Rivers is not a good QB.

It seems like the Chargers were racking up sacks left and right last year. I don't understand why they are not using Merriman and their other pass rushers more.

It seems like the Chargers were racking up sacks left and right last year. I don't understand why they are not using Merriman and their other pass rushers more.

Exactly my point, Cottrell is terrible. Everyone will knock Turner, and rightfully so he is a bad HC, great OC, but bad HC. But Cottrell was the worse hire IMO. He is GOD AWFUL. And plays so soft.