[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts think they are the most clever team

Disfunction Junction

Nope. Spain is and enigma wrapped in a riddle surrounded by bacon...I think.

Grits and Shins is just a newbie's nightmare.

+1, though I was proud when he "ignored me" for the first time. It was sort of a right of passage kind of thing :D

Nope. Spain is and enigma wrapped in a riddle surrounded by bacon...I think.

Grits and Shins is just a newbie's nightmare.

Okay. I am only seasonal when coming to TheHuddle (Been coming to TheHuddle every fall since before the turn of the millenium.) ... I remembered reading lots of Spain posts in years past, but couldn't remember what or if he changed his name to.

Okay. I am only seasonal when coming to TheHuddle (Been coming to TheHuddle every fall since before the turn of the millenium.) ... I remembered reading lots of Spain posts in years past, but couldn't remember what or if he changed his name to.

Haven't seen him around...I've only heard tales...

was kinda funny, you could read mannings lips at the end on the bench.......something along the lines of "we wasted a time out, we shoulda just kicked it"

and for what its worth, i thought it was a great call on the simulated snap, that was no normal rise up from your stance to shift back, that guy jerked up to try to get the chargers to jump, and then went into his shift.

:D Spain is still Spain. But he has been :D for the last couple months.

Grits and Shins used to be Blitzkreig.

Thats why Bill Bellichick is the smartest coach in the league. Come on, Bill Bellichick would have kicked the FG with no hesistation.

:D

So that what it takes to be the greatest coach in the league? To not try to dupe the other team into giving you a first down in chip shot FG range despite a penalty and kicking the ball right away instead?

The bottom line is that Manning's crappy day put IND in a position to lose, IND's stellar D (you did hear me say that, didn't you, Colts' homers?) almost saved their bacon despite that, and Vinatieri missed a chip shot that he should have made even if he were kicking on an ice skating rink to win a game over a SD team that still is in complete disarray.

when Vinatieri was here in NE, a local yokel sportscaster gave him the name, 'Adam and leave' as in add the points/game over/go home.

i was STUNNED when he missed it. his second miss of the night and the miss last week too...hmmm

Colts seemed to give it all they had playing with such a depleted team to begin with

then the injuries kept coming throughout the game....hurt them in all 3 phases of the game

and thats not to take anything away from Sproles, but......

SD didn't impress, Norv may have been fired if they lost.

P. Manning without great receivers looked more like E. Manning with decent receivers...

tuff loss...

COuple thoughts on this thread:

1. Lots of bacon references (eating...saving...being wrapped up in.....). I'm hungry.

2. Not absolving him, and no one likes Peyton looking like he's gonna either cry, stomp his foot and take his ball & go home and/or snap someone's head off --- i.e. sport the legendary Peyton Manning Face -- more than I do, but a couple of his INTs were in part a result of playing with new/not-as-experienced WR's who, it seemed to me, either cut routes short, over-ran routes, or didn't get enough separation...easy to say "Moorehead blows and Harrison is good, and that's why Peyton threw 6 INTs last night" -- some were simply poor throws, no doubt -- but he also made some good throws that went where his WRs, judging by the replays, were supposed to have been.

3. As a kicker (of sorts) I agree with Hook that there's virtually no difference between kicking from the 14-yard line (24yd FG) and 19-yard line (29yd FG)...both require you to get equal amounts of extra lift/chip (vs. longer FGs when you have to get a little more line drive power for distance, albeit high enough to clear the defense)

The bottom line is that Manning's crappy day put IND in a position to lose, IND's stellar D (you did hear me say that, didn't you, Colts' homers?) almost saved their bacon despite that, and Vinatieri missed a chip shot that he should have made even if he were kicking on an ice skating rink to win a game over a SD team that still is in complete disarray.

No doubt that Peyton had a bad game and turned the ball over on four really bad throws. But he got them in a position to win in the second half, without a running game, without a legitimate #2 or #3 NFL wideout, and in the rain. On the other hand, the special teams were beyond bad and did almost NOTHING positive. They gave up two TDs on returns and Adam missed two chip shots.

And it's maddening because, as you said, the Colts D was stellar for the second game in a row.

Something interesting...

It was a game in Chicago. On a third-and-one play in the first half, Steelers coach Chuck Noll ordered the same play with the same re-set motion, for the obvious purpose of drawing the Bears offside, which it did. The Steelers, however, were penalized five yards. In the same situation in the second half, the Steelers did it again and got flagged again. The next day, I asked Noll about it and he explained that the officials ruled that the Steelers were attempting to simulate a play. I then asked Noll why he tried it again in the second half and he uttered one of the funniest lines I have ever heard: “Why do people remarry?” Noll said. Anyhow, do you know who the Steelers’ offensive and defensive coordinators were for that game? Tom Moore and Tony Dungy. It didn’t work then and it didn’t work now.

As a Chargers fan, I was getting that sinking feeling most of the 2nd half last night. We were lucky to win and felt more as if the Colts lost it than the Chargers winning it. I thought we were done as soon as Addai had an apparent first down at the 6 yard-line, only requiring a chipshot from Vinatieri with seconds to play. Then, the wacky set of events occurred starting with the change in ball placement to create 4th down, followed by the simulated snap count penalty, followed by the Vinatieri miss. Amazing!

Our offense looked pretty dysfunctional against a solid Colts D. As bad as Rivers looked on a slippery field, I was also disappointed in the OLine not being able to protect him. Freeney is a stud, but I thought McNeil would handle him better. McNeil hasn't been playing nearly as well this season as he did last year as a rookie. Peyton battled, and despite the 6 INTs, he led his team back into the game with some precision passing in the 2nd half. The Chargers stopped blitzing, only choosing to rush 4 and didn't take advantage of a banged up OLine that also lost RT Diem. The Colts rag-tag OLine did a pretty darn good job in the 2nd half. Kudos to them for giving Manning the time to make plays.

In other news...

An nfl.com article stated: “Because of the antics of Jaguars mascot Jaxson de Ville, a rule was instituted that all NFL mascots must stay behind the six-foot white border around the field at all times during games.” What incident is this alluding to?

Vic: Jaxson spent a little too much time on the field for Colts President Bill Polian’s tastes during the Monday night game on Oct. 22. Polian filed a complaint with the league.